Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Bridgewater worth a waiver claim?

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:27 am

Absolutely worth a claim in a 20 teamer. Someone will be looking for a QB when he comes back (hopefully by the middle of next season).

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 am

Yeah even if it is 2 years he is an IR candidate probably
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Yeah, he can sit on IR till available
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:56 am

Yes before the injury he has shown that he greatly improved on deep throws, which is the only knock I had on him ..
@PlankMelody

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Teddy Bridgewater

Postby rubber_duck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:41 am

Rumors are starting to circulate that Teddy has been cleared for practice.
If that proves to be true, what a great development for a very well liked player.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 am

Good new for the Vikings, as they once again look like the line won't hold up to 3 man fronts. I'm shocked Bradford kept getting up last year. With a QB taking that many hits, it's good to have a good backup.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 am Good new for the Vikings, as they once again look like the line won't hold up to 3 man fronts. I'm shocked Bradford kept getting up last year. With a QB taking that many hits, it's good to have a good backup.
I'm concerned they may not be able to sign either Bradford or Bridgewater to a long term deal after this season do to the battering they will take during this season... This O-line does not look any better than last year and it scares me.

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 pm

IBall2 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:33 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 am Good new for the Vikings, as they once again look like the line won't hold up to 3 man fronts. I'm shocked Bradford kept getting up last year. With a QB taking that many hits, it's good to have a good backup.
I'm concerned they may not be able to sign either Bradford or Bridgewater to a long term deal after this season do to the battering they will take during this season... This O-line does not look any better than last year and it scares me.
They cannot afford Bradford! I just checked: Sam Bradford will have made 114 million by the end of the 2017 season.
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Teddy has been forgotten in fantasy circles. Another site which caters specifically to 2QB leagues doesn't even have him on their rankings, despite having McCown, Foles, Stanton, and Kessler. To me, Bridgewater has as much value as McCarron and maybe Paxton Lynch or DeShone Kizer. I don't think he threatens Bradford but I don't think he's a backup.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Tsunami wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:03 pm Teddy has been forgotten in fantasy circles. Another site which caters specifically to 2QB leagues doesn't even have him on their rankings, despite having McCown, Foles, Stanton, and Kessler. To me, Bridgewater has as much value as McCarron and maybe Paxton Lynch or DeShone Kizer. I don't think he threatens Bradford but I don't think he's a backup.
I think I might only prefer Kizer to those you list. And not by much. So yes, that's a pretty strange omission of Bridgewater. Maybe it's due to the fact that the injury was deemed so serious when it happened? There was a lot of speculation at the time that it could likely be career ending.

You're probably right about him not taking Bradford's job, at least as long as Sam can stay upright. But if Teddy truly is back, I always liked him as a prospect. It will be interesting to see what Minnesota does at the position moving forward. If they do sign one of the pair which will it be? And where will the odd-man-out end up in 2018?

But I do hope Bridgewater makes it back. I would have hated to see his career end that way.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm

I personally hope they find a way to sign them both. If Bradford stays upright all year I think he's set to have a pretty decent year, leading to extension talks. If Bridgewater sits the entire year as a backup and then becomes a free agent, it's not like he's going to get some huge contract or open door to a starting position elsewhere. Other teams would sooner just draft their own prospect than take damaged goods, especially with the incoming class. That would make Bridgewater a likely high end backup or heavy competition wherever he goes in '18. Why not stay with the Vikings and back up/compete with the historically fragile Bradford?

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Maybe, but I'd be surprised if the Vikings were able to sign both players as UFAs. Bradford isn't going to sign a contract unless he is the clear starter, which plays into your scenario. But Teddy will be looking for something similar, or at least a clear and short path to starting.

I imagine if health permits, Bradford will have better success this season than last and staying with the Vikes. And for whatever reason, I keep picturing Teddy signing with New Orleans to back-up/replace Brees.

4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby 4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Don't forget about the rumors of Miami kicking the tires on a possible Bridgewater trade not too long ago. I think if Bradford is the long-term QB in Minnesota, you see Teddy signing as a starter/future starter somewhere else.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

rubber_duck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:49 pm Maybe, but I'd be surprised if the Vikings were able to sign both players as UFAs. Bradford isn't going to sign a contract unless he is the clear starter, which plays into your scenario. But Teddy will be looking for something similar, or at least a clear and short path to starting.

I imagine if health permits, Bradford will have better success this season than last and staying with the Vikes. And for whatever reason, I keep picturing Teddy signing with New Orleans to back-up/replace Brees.
I think N.O. is a solid place for Teddy to land, if he leaves. However, I can see him in a Patriots jersey to back up / take over for Brady. Not that I want that to happen...but I hope for some success for Teddy.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm I personally hope they find a way to sign them both. If Bradford stays upright all year I think he's set to have a pretty decent year, leading to extension talks. If Bridgewater sits the entire year as a backup and then becomes a free agent, it's not like he's going to get some huge contract or open door to a starting position elsewhere. Other teams would sooner just draft their own prospect than take damaged goods, especially with the incoming class. That would make Bridgewater a likely high end backup or heavy competition wherever he goes in '18. Why not stay with the Vikings and back up/compete with the historically fragile Bradford?
I do think it wold be ideal if they could sign both.

But after what happened to Bradford in Philly, and his belief in himself as a definite starter in the league I'm not sure how it would work out. If Bridgewater was breathing down his neck, without some sort of assurance that he's absolutely, no questions asked the starter I don't know what Bradford would do. Of course Philly told him just that, then went out and drafted Carson Wentz. Kind of like what Chicago did to Glennon this year when they took Trubisky.

You make a good point about Teddy's worth to other teams though. You're probably right that most organizations would prefer to start fresh with someone they drafted as opposed to a player cast off (or at least not re-signed) by their original team.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku