Cooper & Mariota vs Robinson, 2x '18 1sts, 2x '17 3rds, Bortles

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side

Team A
79%
Team B
21%

Total votes: 28

BhamRudy
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Cooper & Mariota vs Robinson, 2x '18 1sts, 2x '17 3rds, Bortles

Postby BhamRudy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:44 pm

M-Dub wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:29 pm Assuming 1QB, I see it like this:
ARob >/= Cooper
Bortles & 2018 1st = Mariota

The ARob side is getting a 1st and two 3rds for free.
This was what I was Thinking
14 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, IDP) PPR
QB: Bress, Newton, Trubisky
RB: Kamara, Mixon, K, Johnson. Lindsey, Justice Hill.
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Mike Williams, A Robbison, Godwin, Deebo Samuel. H, Butler.
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Fant

GreenAndWhite81
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GreenAndWhite81 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:16 am

As others have said, ARob side without question for me here. Super easy:

ARob = Cooper
Mariota = Bortles + 1st
1st, 3.05, 3.10 >>> nothing

PRESS50
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PRESS50 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:32 am

Cooper side
10 Team PPR - 25 Man roster: Start (1QB, 2 RB , 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX WR,RB,TE) 1DEF,1K) 6pts passing tds

Team #1
QB: Lamar Jackson/CJ Stroud/Flacco
RB: Christian McCaffrey/Alvin Kumara/Dalvin Cook/ Isiah Pacheco/Jerome Ford/Raheem Mostert/Tyjae Spears/Sean Tucker/Gus Edwards
WR: Deebo/Dk Metcalf/Amon Ra St Brown/Cooper Kupp/Marquise Brown/Keenan Allen/Jonathan Mingo/ Jalin Hyatt/Tank Dell
TE: Kittle/Njoku
K: Jake Elliott
DEF:Browns
2024 picks none

Team #2
QB-Joe Burrow
RB Tyjae Spears/Jerome Ford/Chris Rodriguez/ Zamir White/Isiah Spiller/Keaton Mitchell/Sean Tucker
WRS,-AJ Brown/Brandon Aiyuk/Dk Metcalf/Jaylen Waddle/Jerry Jeudy/Jalin Hyatt/Jonathan Mingo/Andrei Losivas
TE- Trey McBride/Michael Mayer
K-Justin Tucker
Eagles D
2024 1st rd pk 1.1
2024 1st rd pk 1.5
2024 1st rd pk 1.7
2024 1st rd pk 1.8
2024 1st rd pk 1.9
2024 1st rd pk 1.10
2024 2nd rd pk 2.1
2024 2nd rd pk 2.6
2024 2nd rd pk 2.8
2024 3rd rd pk 3.1
2024 3rd rd pk 3.6

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 am

With the 'in a vacuum' out of the way, the context. QB|WR|WR|RB|RB|TE|FLX|FLX|DST, all 6pt TD, half-PPR.

Team A is a new team to the league who just got his roster via dispersal, Cooper & Mariota were his best players. Team B is me, the Commish, who has a loaded roster. In this league, owners who are new to dynasty formats are on trade probation (to prevent them from being vultured and their teams ruined which hurts the whole league) and all their trades have to be reviewed by the Commish until they're familiar enough with the format to take the training wheels off. Since I was a part of the trade, I have another trusted owner approve or deny my trades. The other owner who approves my trades has nixed a trade or 2 in the past I was making with a new owner, so he's not just a 'yes man'.

I made the deal because I wanted more consistency at QB and I think Cooper is safer than Robinson. I was willing to 'overpay' to get consistency and safety. I know I'm overpaying, but given my roster, and that weakness at QB keeps biting me in the fantasy playoffs, I was willing to solidify that position at an increased cost. From the perspective of the new owner, I think this is a perfect 'new to the league' deal -- he's taking a slight downgrade to stockpile assets. This new owner now has 4 2018 1sts.

A few in the league were in an uproar because they felt the deal should not have been approved, that it was taking advantage of a new owner. Their angle is that Robinson is significantly worse than Cooper, and that the new owner traded away sure things (Cooper & Mariota) and got a bunch of question marks. I disagree, not because I'm in the trade but because I would have allowed this trade to go through even if it wasn't me involved, and I'd probably have congratulated the new owner on a huge haul.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 am

Are these other owners new too? I can see someone slightly preferring Cooper, I guess. He certainly seems to be a dynasty darling and routinely commands an elite price tag despite having never posted so much as a low-end WR1 season. ARob has actually shown the ability to produce an elite-level 300-point season (in full PPR, that is), so I'm not sure what makes Cooper more of a "sure thing" in their eyes. Yeah, it's a downgrade at QB, but those points are much easier to replace in a 1QB league. The picks more than make up the difference.

If these guys think Cooper is such a sure thing, maybe you should consider flipping him to one of them to recover some of your lost value. Do any of them have Nuk, by chance?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

PercyR1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PercyR1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:02 pm

seems fair. i like the a.rob side slightly over the cooper

Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Postby Djg1996 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Pretty fair trade all around. Not high on Bortles or Robinson at all. Target falloff there. I think Jax will be pretty run heavy with Fournette. Bortles is a TO machine so I don't think he will have as many attempts as he has had. Not a lot of confidence in Bortles in Jax the way it sounds. It's more of Robinsions situation than his talent. Don't see any hiccups in Oakland's passing attack. The picks make it even for the Robinson side.
20 Team Dynasty 1 ppr 1 qb 1 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex 1 DST 1K. $150 Cap.
QB Jalen Hurts
RB Jerome Ford, Pierre Strong, D’Onta Foreman, Keaton Mitchell
WR Tee Higgins, Keenan Allen, Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, Josh Downs
TE Dalton Kincaid, Donald Parham Jr,
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

16 Team Dynasty Full PPR 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex K DST $150 Cap.
QB Joe Burrow
RB Nick Chubb Antonio Gibson Kenneth Gainwell
WR Jaylen Waddle DJ Moore Marquise Brown Drake London Jameson Williams KJ Osbourne
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 pm

M-Dub wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 am Are these other owners new too? I can see someone slightly preferring Cooper, I guess. He certainly seems to be a dynasty darling and routinely commands an elite price tag despite having never posted so much as a low-end WR1 season. ARob has actually shown the ability to produce an elite-level 300-point season (in full PPR, that is), so I'm not sure what makes Cooper more of a "sure thing" in their eyes. Yeah, it's a downgrade at QB, but those points are much easier to replace in a 1QB league. The picks more than make up the difference.

If these guys think Cooper is such a sure thing, maybe you should consider flipping him to one of them to recover some of your lost value. Do any of them have Nuk, by chance?
1 was a new owner, the other has been here all 4 years, another 2 years but has a lot of keeper/dynasty experience in other formats and sports. They're all extremely low on Robinson, like WR18+ low.

I'm okay with some lost value because I think Cooper is the kind of player like AJ Green or Antonio Brown that has the fundamental skills (route running, subtle body movement that you can't really teach) to be relevant with a high floor for a long time, especially with Carr.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1