I know it is early, but quick Keeper thoughts...

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
diehardninerfan1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

I know it is early, but quick Keeper thoughts...

Postby diehardninerfan1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:33 am

With a team with Vick, Rodgers, Ray Rice, McFadden, Gore, Blount, Megatron, Dez Bryant, Gates and the number 6.2 & 6.6 (through trades) & 6.11 or 6.12 pick (depending on outcome of MNF & TNF) in the 2011 draft and return yards are worth 1 pt per 10 yards. Can you make a case to keep both QBs, because I know the person with the first pick want Rodgers or Vick? It is a 5 player keeper 12 team league 0.5 ppr with IDP. QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE. Rodgers is probably better long term option, but I would hate to see Vick beat me in 2011.

Btw Who would you keep if this was your team?

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: I know it is early, but quick Keeper thoughts...

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:40 am

I wouldn't keep 2 QB's unless you can start 2 QB's. You'd weaken your starting lineup.

If you know the guy with the first pick wants the QB you drop... just tell him that you should keep both QB's, but you don't really want to. Offer him whatever QB you don't want for the first pick to attempt to resolve your issue.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 am

Theres too much value in Rodgers and Vick to not keep them both. Keep them both and trade one of them prior to the season for a ton

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:50 am

No way you can drop either guy, you have to hold on to them and make a trade when you can.
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:52 am

As tempting as it is, I'd rather keep four of your RBs and trade from that strength. In fact, you could probably get by with letting both QBs go.

btw, with only five keepers, I think this comes under the category of Keeper league, not dynasty.

-oo-

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 pm

From that list, I'd probably keep Rodgers, Rice, McFadden, and Megatron. I would then attempt to trade Vick for a top-5 pick to draft someone like Gore, or another high-end WR.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I´d try to trade Frank Gore for a top pick... same with one of your QB´s(unless you can start 2..)

My keepers then would be:
Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant and Antonio Gates.

Thats why I´d never play in a keeper league. Way too frustrating to part ways with players like that..
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

diehardninerfan1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby diehardninerfan1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Sorry about posting on the wrong forum. This is my first time posting and didnt realize that there was a keeper forum vs. a dynasty forum. Thanks for the input.

Initially, I was thinking about keeping Rodgers, Vick, Rice, McFadden & Megatron and then pick up Gore, Dez, Gates, Finley, or Best with the second pick in the draft. That way I would keep the core of my team intact. I also have the 6th pick, so I have a real good chance of having at least 7 players carryover from my 2010 team. My team would look like this:

QB - Vick, Rodgers (Play matchups)
RB - Gore
RB - Rice
RB/WR - McFadden
WR - Megatron
TE - Gates or Finley

The interesting piece is with Rodgers & Vick, leaning Rodgers but I don't think I can trade Vick just for the #1 (6.1) overall pick. Isn't he worth a lot more than that? The guy with the #1 pick, his next pick wouldn't be until pick (7.12) because the draft is a snake, so would his first & second be enough compensation or is that pick to low b/c we would be at pick 84.
12 Team, 0.5PPR,IDP
1pt=Every 25 pass yards..1pt=Every 10 rush yards..1pt=Every 10 rec yards..1pt=Every 10PR/KR yards..All td's=7.
Starts:1-QB,2-RB,2-WR,1-RB/WR,1-TE,1-PK,2-DL,2-LB,2-DB

QB:Rodgers,Vick
RB:R.Rice,F.Gore,D.McFadden, J. Best,L.Blount,
WR:Calvin Johnson,Dez Bryant,Jacoby Ford,Terrell Owens
TE:J. Finley, Gates

diehardninerfan1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby diehardninerfan1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm

BradyT wrote:I´d try to trade Frank Gore for a top pick... same with one of your QB´s(unless you can start 2..)

Thats why I´d never play in a keeper league. Way too frustrating to part ways with players like that..

Brady T: But isn't it more frustrating in a redraft league. At least I get to keep my top 5 players vs. losing everybody, so at a minimum I would have a little continuity year over year. I still participate in redraft leagues but i like keeper leagues a whole lot more. Remember in Keeper Leagues the season never ends. There is ton of activity in the offseason.
12 Team, 0.5PPR,IDP
1pt=Every 25 pass yards..1pt=Every 10 rush yards..1pt=Every 10 rec yards..1pt=Every 10PR/KR yards..All td's=7.
Starts:1-QB,2-RB,2-WR,1-RB/WR,1-TE,1-PK,2-DL,2-LB,2-DB

QB:Rodgers,Vick
RB:R.Rice,F.Gore,D.McFadden, J. Best,L.Blount,
WR:Calvin Johnson,Dez Bryant,Jacoby Ford,Terrell Owens
TE:J. Finley, Gates

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:59 pm

diehardninerfan1 wrote:
BradyT wrote:I´d try to trade Frank Gore for a top pick... same with one of your QB´s(unless you can start 2..)

Brady T: But isn't it more frustrating in a redraft league. At least I get to keep my top 5 players vs. losing everybody, so at a minimum I would have a little continuity year over year. I still participate in redraft leagues but i like keeper leagues a whole lot more. Remember in Keeper Leagues the season never ends. There is ton of activity in the offseason.
Welcome to the forum! I agree with you on Keeper leagues being better than Redraft leagues, most of us here prefer straight dynasty leagues, so you've come to the right place! :D
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Shawn wrote:
diehardninerfan1 wrote:

Welcome to the forum! I agree with you on Keeper leagues being better than Redraft leagues, most of us here prefer straight dynasty leagues, so you've come to the right place! :D
THIS! :)

I want to keep all my players and actually build a real dynasty.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:54 pm

diehardninerfan1 wrote:I was thinking about keeping Rodgers, Vick, Rice, McFadden & Megatron
Exactly who your keepers should be as these 5 hold the most value. If league members know you are planning to keep both QBs, someone is likely to pony up a big offer and you can keep one of the others.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.