Top Ten RB's in 2011

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Top Ten RB's in 2011

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:48 pm

#1 AP - I know the Foster crowd isn't too happy but I expect AP to close in and overtake the #1 spot by years end. Even if he doesn't, the difference will be minimal and AP has done it 4 yrs in a row.

#2 Foster - Has been all-world in 2010 and his #'s will be too impressive to be anything lower then this spot.

#3 CJ - Not to shabby for the owner sitting in the 3 hole. His carries are a bit down from last year which is a good thing for 2011.

#4 Gore - In a position where there are so many uncertainties, Mr. Gore is always rock-steady. Top-5 back with confidence.

#5 - Jamal Charles - Finally gets his due, posting RB1 #'s with TJ in the picture, 2011 could/should be his breakout party.

#6 - MJD - Anyone notice what he's done lately? He's been the #3 rb we all expected. Hopefully there are less down games in 2011.

#7- Mendenhall - Has lived up to the lofty expectations in 2010. Will post double digit TD totals with solid yardage to boot. 'Safe' is the key word with this pick.

#8 - Peyton Hillis - From one workhorse to the next, this waiver wire add has lit a fire in the 2010 fantasy world. I've seen nothing from him to think its a fluke. Power runner who catches the ball to boot. Another safe top-10 pick in 2011.

#9 - LeSean Mccoy - Brian Westbrook is a distant memory. This might be high for some, but I think his ceiling is alot higher then other possible candidates for this spot. Can do it all, would love to see more carries though.

#10 - Ray Rice - You dont have a type of season like Ray Ray had in 2009 and just dissapear into thin air. He's got immense talent in that stocky frame. They've gone away from the screen game that made him a fantasy stud, hopefully for Rice, they return to it in 2011.

Notable exceptions: McFadden/Turner/Bradshaw/S-Jax...
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

pungent
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Top Ten RB's in 2011

Postby pungent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 pm

I see you made this list post Gore injury. Do you really think Gore is still a top 5 after the injury? I bet you see a drop off from Gore as he has consistently hurt the past couple years now.
QB: Stafford
RB: Rice, McFadden, McCoy, Hunter, Quizz
WR: Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith (car), B.Llyod, Baldwin
TE: Witten, Olsen, Gresham, Dickson
DL: T. Cole, R. Mathis
LB: Demeco Ryans, Fletcher, Bishop, Weatherspoon
CB: Joseph, Greer
S: Pollard, Polamula, Chancellor, Burnett
K: Bironas, Hansen
ST: Bears
14 team Dynasty league (no-ppr)
Line up: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 1TE, K, ST, 2 of each DE LB S CB

eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:04 am

I made the list during the game and didn't think or know the injury was serious. I still believe gore is capable of a top five running back type of season in terms of production but the injury does scare me a little. I would probably drop him to 6 or 7.

Darth Vader

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 am

eaglesfan wrote:#9 - LeSean Mccoy - Brian Westbrook is a distant memory. This might be high for some, but I think his ceiling is alot higher then other possible candidates for this spot. Can do it all, would love to see more carries though.
I'd actually be surprised if he wasn't ranked higher than #9 going into next season. I could see him being ranked in the top 5 of fantasy RBs at the expense of Gore, and maybe even Charles.
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor

eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:14 am

The reasoning behind McCoy at 9 is Andy Reid. If they don't increase his carries there is always the chance he's taken right out of the game plan. And with Vick in town and making big plays McCoy gets more space but less of a chance to consistently gain yardage. If Kolb gets in the game McCoy is ppr gold.

Darth Vader

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 pm

eaglesfan wrote:The reasoning behind McCoy at 9 is Andy Reid. If they don't increase his carries there is always the chance he's taken right out of the game plan. And with Vick in town and making big plays McCoy gets more space but less of a chance to consistently gain yardage. If Kolb gets in the game McCoy is ppr gold.
Yeah, I understand that, but that argument doesn't hold as much water when he's as involved in the passing game as he is. Last night he had 40-something rushing yards. But he had around 130 total. It doesn't matter how he gets his yards and touches, as long as he gets them. Overall, I do agree with you to a large extent though, in the sense that his usage is a strike against him, which could edge him out of the top 5, depending on your risk tolerance.

That raises another question...I take it that your list is non-ppr? Must be, because Mccoy is leading the league in receptions among RBs if I'm not mistaken.
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor

eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Yes non ppr and 6 pts all tds.

Darth Vader

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:20 pm

eaglesfan wrote:The reasoning behind McCoy at 9 is Andy Reid. If they don't increase his carries there is always the chance he's taken right out of the game plan. And with Vick in town and making big plays McCoy gets more space but less of a chance to consistently gain yardage. If Kolb gets in the game McCoy is ppr gold.
What do you mean? 8 out of 12 games he has had over 100 total yards......plus he has 9 TD's.. 1300 total yards right now (800 rushing) with 68 catches in only 12 games....these are the numbers Reggie Bush was expected to put up.....lets not jip McCoy here..In PPR he should be no lower than 3 or maybe even 5 IMO.
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:10 pm

I would go
1. AP
2. Foster
3. CJ
agree with you there, moving down 2 spots is about what should happen to him after a down year.
4. MJD- I have him higher because of how great he's been the past month. and looking at his upcoming schedule, I expect him to finish 2010 very strong and continue to be a top 5 RB into next year.
5. Charles- like you said, look at what he's done and without an aging TJ it could be even better, but as of right now his value hinges on TJ and Haley's affection for the old guy
6. Mendenhall
7. Hillis- Mendenhall and Hillis are nearly the same as it is right now, I imagine Hillis would drop down if they started to talk Hardesty up and made it some sort of a timeshare.
8. McCoy- the key here is the receiving value he brings which makes him a dual threat offensively.
9. Gore- I see casual owners starting to notice the injury issue after his consistent health problems, and the key is consistency- the guy is a lock to miss games every year and that is not something you want to see out of your RB1.
10. Ryan Grant- I'm higher on him than most for 2011, but when you look at how much the offense changed without him it's clear they will be running him quite a lot.

Turner- the guy is a workhorse and I would be thrilled to get him in early round 2 next year.
Rice would crack the list if no McGahee next year, the TD's concern me.
SJax is right outside the top 10

but honestly after about 7, you could make a case for any of the 6 for 3 spots. it's just personal discretion in those spots, and a lot of things can change depending on how the situations with Jacobs, DWill, etc. shake out
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds