What's the consensus on Treadwell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: What's the consensus on Treadwell?

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:41 am

his college teammate cody core had a far more consequential rookie year on a better wr depth chart than megaquan did playing behind late round picks and UDFA. There is much to be worried about for treadwell after such a moribund rookie showing. Few wr that start as slowly as he did ever gain serious relevance especially highly drafted wr/ nearly all the wr that had so little production and turned out OK were UDFA or late picks that had the determination to fight their way to a role. He may turn out just fine but if I got a decent offer I would take it with no remorse even if he did break out. I didn't like him nearly as much as consensus but traded in the 5th spot when he fell in one draft last season . I have since moved he & doctson in a deal for sammy watkins whose owner was tired of the injuries.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 am

good use of "moribund"
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Purple Pride » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:48 am

No chance Vikings take a WR in the second round.
ChuckCecil26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 pm I'd cut your losses and invest in your new rookies. Get what you can now in a trade if possible, before the draft.

They don't have a 1st round pick, but I'd expect the Vikings to take a WR early in the draft, maybe as soon as round 2. I've seen Juju and Godwin mocked to them -- not that the mocks mean anything at all, it's just noise - but there's a good chance the Vikings are already preparing for the worst re Treadwell's career orbit, so you might want to do the same.
12 Team,PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1PK, 1DT+DE, 1LB, 1CB+S, 1DEF Size: 25 players (29 offseason), 4 Taxi, 2 IR
QB: G Minshew, T Bridgewater, J Stidham
RB: J White, D Johnson T. Coleman, P Barber, K Ballage, M Brown, R Anderson, J.K, Dobbins [TS], D Swift [TS]
WR: O Beckham, A.J Brown, K Allen, T Hilton, M Williams, C Samuel, A Miller, P Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, A Lazard
TE: R Gronkowski, D Waller, M Gesicki, B Jarwin
PK: M Prater DE: D Hunter LB: J Schobert S: H Smith DEF: Ravens Draft Picks 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4
2017 League Champions; 2018, 2016 Third Place

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Give him time. Not all players are like Evans, OBJ, ect
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri May 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Just saw a news blurb that Floyd was visiting the Vikings. Maybe Treadwell hasn't made a jump in his 2nd year and they want other options?
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 05, 2017 3:00 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 am There have been plenty of studs to have mediocre to poor to hardly even making a ripple in their first season. Would I prefer Treadwell to have had an OBJ/Cooks/Watkins like season 1? Of course. But again, I challenge people to go back and look at the rookie year of many of the studs from today and from the past.

The arguements against him are so illogical at times as well. He couldn't even jump Theilen, etc. Look at Jordy's breakout and how long it took him to breakout. Do you think there might have been similar stories circulating about him and who he couldn't jump?

All that said, I don't actually hold out high hopes for him. But come on, trying to trade him for very end of the 1st or some 2nd round pick? The hit rate on those picks is like 8%. Do you REALLY think there is less than a 8% chance Treadwell turns it around? (Meaning a low end wr2) I mean he only has to turn it around like 1 out of 7 times to be worth twice a 2nd round pick.

To play my own devils advocate :P, if you want to draft a player and hope to hit, and I don't mean actually getting a hit, more of a chance to sell him for a higher pick, then I could understand that. But if you think you can get a 2nd round pick and just spike real production then I think you are probably playing against the odds.
The hit rate on early 1st are still only like 50% and the vast majority of those that hit show some level of success in their first year. If you factor out those with first year success, I'm not sure expectations of an 8% success rate are all that out of line.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri May 05, 2017 4:17 pm

kamihamster wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:34 pm Just saw a news blurb that Floyd was visiting the Vikings. Maybe Treadwell hasn't made a jump in his 2nd year and they want other options?
I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that - the Vikings are one of the most WR needy teams and Michael Floyd is a cheap option.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 4:17 pm
kamihamster wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:34 pm Just saw a news blurb that Floyd was visiting the Vikings. Maybe Treadwell hasn't made a jump in his 2nd year and they want other options?
I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that - the Vikings are one of the most WR needy teams and Michael Floyd is a cheap option.
Floyd is a bum. Nothing to see here.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri May 05, 2017 10:36 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:41 am his college teammate cody core had a far more consequential rookie year on a better wr depth chart than megaquan did playing behind late round picks and UDFA. There is much to be worried about for treadwell after such a moribund rookie showing. Few wr that start as slowly as he did ever gain serious relevance especially highly drafted wr/ nearly all the wr that had so little production and turned out OK were UDFA or late picks that had the determination to fight their way to a role. He may turn out just fine but if I got a decent offer I would take it with no remorse even if he did break out. I didn't like him nearly as much as consensus but traded in the 5th spot when he fell in one draft last season . I have since moved he & doctson in a deal for sammy watkins whose owner was tired of the injuries.
The terribly slow start to his career is rather worrisome to me, even with his season being cut short by injury. People always like to point out that WRs generally take 2-3 years to develop and that we've been spoiled by recent rookie WRs success, but to me that's an archaic line of thinking in today's NFL. This is a line of thinking that held true 15-20 years ago, but not nowadays.

Almost all WRs that become fantasy relevant show some flashes as rookies and some consistent involvement in their offense. The exceptions are usually due to missing an entire season to injury, or late round or UDFA WRs that either spend a year on the PS or buried on the depth chart before they become revelations to their team in their 2nd/3rd year. In today's NFL, 1st round draft picks are expected to play and contribute right away, which leaves me more concerned with Treadwell.

Treadwell could still develop into what people thought he could be, but after a lost rookie season that wasn't purely a matter of injury I think it's definitely less than a 50/50 chance of happening. As for WRs that followed this same path and then became a sustained producer for a long period of time, Vincent Jackson is the only name I can think of, and he was a 2nd round pick I believe. I'm sure there are probably others, but that's the only name that comes to mind which tells me the list probably isn't very long.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U