Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3008
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:44 am

Top 5 is absurd. He's not that type of talent. This has Kenneth Dixon 2.0 written all over it. Very unrealistic to expect him to unseat Ware barring an injury to Ware, at least in Y1.

apbohannon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:22 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby apbohannon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:57 am

Piling on, don't use a top 6 pick on him. Trade back or jump back into the late 1st round. If someone else grabs him between your picks, count your lucky stars and be thankful for the guy that drops to you.
Team 1:
12 Teams, PPR
QB - J. Garoppolo, J. Goff, P. Mahomes
RB - Tevin Coleman, Rashaad Penny, CJ Prosise, Mike Gillislee, Derrius Guice, Tarik Cohen, Joe Mixon
WR - C. Davis , J.Doctson, Ty. Williams, T. Lockett, M. Mitchell, M. Gallup
TE - A. Hooper, OJ Howard, D. Njoku

Team 2:
12 Teams, PPR, SF
QB - A. Rodgers, A. Luck, M. Mariota, K. Lauletta
RB - K. Hunt, A. Kamara, K. Dixon, J. Adams, M. Breida, CJ Prosise, B. Scarbrough
WR - M. Evans, D. Hopkins, A. Robinson, C. Godwin, K. Golladay, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, A. Darboh, A. Lazard, I. Zamora, L. Carroo
TE - E. Engram, OJ Howard
DT - S. Day, D. Hand, D. Irving, M. Jackson, S. Williams
DE - V. Curry, K. Ealy, J. Jenkins, R. Quinn, J. Sheard, D. Walker
LB - D. Bucannon, P. Smith, D. Trevathan, S. Griffin, R. Ragland, J. Bynes, B. Hager, K. Ishmael, M. Jefferson, M. Judon, B. Marshall, C. Matthews, W. Mercilus, P. Onwuasor
DB - A. Amos, T. Apke, A. Bethea, P. Chung, D. Everett, T. Gipson, M. Hyde, G. Quin, D. Hill

User avatar
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby captain howdy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:55 am

Kareem Hunt is going to be overdrafted.

He is to rookie Tevin Coleman what Spencer ware is to Devonte Freeman

He is to rookie Devontae Booker what Spencer Ware is to CJ Anderson

Not saying Ware won't lose some touches to him...that is the way of the NFL in the first place, but I sincerely doubt Hunt takes away the RB1 Role.

User avatar
Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1717
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:46 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Tsunami » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:25 pm

CK_ wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:35 am
alewilliam789 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 am
Hunt 1.03?!?! Wth. He moved up to become a late first for me, but not better than Dalvin, Williams, Howard, or Juju Smith-Schuster.

I mean his combine/pro-day was about as bad as Cook's was tbh
Unsure why that seems so crazy. OLine isn't bad, did great at the Senior Bowl, fits Andy Reid style offense perfectly, and had a great college career with one thing that is important to Andy Reid... ONLY 1 fumble! They don't like Ware as much as some people may think.... Sorry not drafting a TE in the first round so that's out. Only 2 interesting in that group to me personally would be JuJu and Williams and I would already be drafting Davis. Plus combine is overrated...
It's crazy because your league isn't a redraft.

User avatar
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10732
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby maxhyde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Unseating Ware isn't a monumental task. Lets not pretend Ware is some uber talent. He is a solid hard nosed runner but wins more with work ethic than any physical traits. Ware wore down considerably last season after the midway point and wasn't nearly as dynamic.

Hunt is intriguing because Reid loves the RB's he drafts and has no problem getting them on the field.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

CK_
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby CK_ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 am
yikes! I know there was a few unideal landing spots for rookies, but are you really gonna let that push Hunt up a whole round at least, and above some of the tier 1 players? That seems crazy to me value wise. But my bigger concern is that by reading your post, you think there's a chance the 1.01 would take Lynch? Like Marahawn Lynch? What kind of league are you playing in, is the scoring RB weighted or something?
The 1.01 is a perennial 1.01. I traded him Adrian Peterson for Elliot right before the season started last year. He will possibly get soaked up with Lynch going to a good OLine. I've never held this high of a pick and I prefer value very highly. Went 7-6 and went 10th due to just too many injuries and people not playing to their caliber. I also said if Andy Reid drafts a RB in the first 3 rounds then I have to take note.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

CK_
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby CK_ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm

maxhyde wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm
Unseating Ware isn't a monumental task. Lets not pretend Ware is some uber talent. He is a solid hard nosed runner but wins more with work ethic than any physical traits. Ware wore down considerably last season after the midway point and wasn't nearly as dynamic.

Hunt is intriguing because Reid loves the RB's he drafts and has no problem getting them on the field.
That is the way I felt as well. If I need to trade my 1.03 back to say 1.07 then I'm sure I can do that to get value with a guy I would like.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

User avatar
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10732
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby maxhyde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:29 pm

CK_ wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm
maxhyde wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm
Unseating Ware isn't a monumental task. Lets not pretend Ware is some uber talent. He is a solid hard nosed runner but wins more with work ethic than any physical traits. Ware wore down considerably last season after the midway point and wasn't nearly as dynamic.

Hunt is intriguing because Reid loves the RB's he drafts and has no problem getting them on the field.
That is the way I felt as well. If I need to trade my 1.03 back to say 1.07 then I'm sure I can do that to get value with a guy I would like.
I think you could go 1.08/9 pretty easily and land Hunt. I just got him at 1.14. Probably easier to trade into the late 1st for him and take McCaffery/Davis at 3
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

CK_
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby CK_ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:30 pm

maxhyde wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:29 pm
CK_ wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm
maxhyde wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:30 pm
Unseating Ware isn't a monumental task. Lets not pretend Ware is some uber talent. He is a solid hard nosed runner but wins more with work ethic than any physical traits. Ware wore down considerably last season after the midway point and wasn't nearly as dynamic.

Hunt is intriguing because Reid loves the RB's he drafts and has no problem getting them on the field.
That is the way I felt as well. If I need to trade my 1.03 back to say 1.07 then I'm sure I can do that to get value with a guy I would like.
I think you could go 1.08/9 pretty easily and land Hunt. I just got him at 1.14. Probably easier to trade into the late 1st for him and take McCaffery/Davis at 3

I like it, thanks man
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

User avatar
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6209
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm

This thread was a huge disappointment with everyone focusing on some ubsurd 1.03 discussion for some reason.

The Hunt bump is extremely excessive. He's a nice back, with a solid enough landing spot, but a classic 'bump for situation' guy who will disappoint at the rate some are talking. The only saving grace is some other lack of clarity for prospect situations, but don't lose sight of the player himself when being blinded by potential (not guaranteed) opportunity.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby CK_ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:49 pm

FiremanEd wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm
This thread was a huge disappointment with everyone focusing on some ubsurd 1.03 discussion for some reason.

The Hunt bump is extremely excessive. He's a nice back, with a solid enough landing spot, but a classic 'bump for situation' guy who will disappoint at the rate some are talking. The only saving grace is some other lack of clarity for prospect situations, but don't lose sight of the player himself when being blinded by potential (not guaranteed) opportunity.
Yeah I really just wanted people's opinions on the guy. I only said potentional at 1.03 but that's if all my players were off the board that I like which is unlikely. Ideally I want Davis and Fournette/Mixon. Very interested in him in the back part of the draft.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

timmahawk
Starter
Starter
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby timmahawk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:34 pm

This conversation reminds me of Bishop Sankey a few years back. Go ahead and take him at 1.3 lol!

User avatar
HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby HawkeyeState » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:52 pm

If you take Hunt at 1.06 or earlier you are an idiot.
He was a 3rd round pick and it's not like Spencer Ware has been terrible.
Hunt will have the opportunity to be the starter and compete no doubt about it.
But he's an average athlete from Toledo and honestly didn't dominate competition at a lower level (58th percentile dominator rating).
I have him slotted in the 1.10-1.12 type range
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3171
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Friction » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:04 pm

If we are bumping Hunt way up, then we gotta bump Gallman, Mack, Williams, McNichols, etc. Right?
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11464
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:11 pm

This is very similar to Booker in Denver last season. Mid round pick, solid player, and lots of people hate the starter because he's not sexy. We shall see.
BOTH TEAMS BELOW ARE 1QB

TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
BREES, Ryan, Herbert, Tua, Jimmy G
COOK/JACOBS/MIXON, Dobbins, Bell, Swift, Singletary, Darrel Williams, B Hill, Wilkins
NUK/HILL/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, M Brown, Jeudy, Hilton, Ruggs, Pittman, G Davis, Ford, Wims
KITTLE, Waller, Akins, H Bryant
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league. The Bosa Bros, D-Buck, and Cam Jordan are my main studs.
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get 1.5x bump in scoring
LAMAR, Rivers, Cousins, Darnold, J Love, Tyrod, Brissett
SAQUON/MIXON/GORDON, Carson, Ingram, D Freeman, Clement
NUK/EVANS/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN/JULIO, Thielen, DJ Moore, Lamb, Alshon, Fulgham
KITTLE/HENRY, James O
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, Jigga94, LPN, nathanq42 and 17 guests