GEDL Rookie Draft 2017

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: GEDL Rookie Draft 2017

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm Probably done with my draft. Here are the results:

1.08 John Ross (also considered OJ Howard)

2.10 Dealt for Martellus Bennett (For the record, my pick would have been either Cannon or Gallman, who ended up going at 3.01 and 3.09, respectively, when I couldn't trade up high enough to jump back in for them)

3.14 Taywan Taylor (Think this was a steal this late)
Couldn't resist the pull of the rookies and dealt back into the draft.

Traded 6.13, Barnidge/DeValve for 5.14.

The pick was:

5.14 Tarik Cohen, the human joystick and (I hope) the best shot at "the next Sproles" since Sproles himself.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:09 am

I had a long write up but deleted on accident. I loved my draft. I didn't have any premium picks. I do think I grabbed value where I could find it though with Dupre, Brown, Kizer and Seal-Jones.

My draft class:
DeShone Kizer
Jovon Robinson
Malachi Dupre, Noah Brown, Fred Ross, Ricky Seal-Jones, Amba Etta-Tawo.

Drop
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Drop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:52 am

I (Chesapeake Bay Barracudas) picked up a couple RBs I like as future prospects, and a WR who's a deeper stash that I like down the road.

-Elijah Hood (pick 4.8) a real hammer in open space. Physical, strong legs and tenacious momentum always have him falling forward after the tackle. Not the shiftiest of RBs however, will likely need an offensive line that can open up lanes consistently for him to succeed at the next level.

-TJ Logan (pick 5.2) the other UNC RB. Love his pass catching ability. His appeal in the return game will hopefully land him in a spot where he'll be able to showcase his change of pace appeal, and phenomenal pass catching ability as a 3rd down RB. Just hoping he won't get buried as a primary returner for someone.

-Jehu Chesson (pick 5.3) big 6'3" frame, good at using his body to keep defenders from the ball, prototypical end zone target...but has a lot to prove coming back from a PCL injury. I like his upside if he can find a good landing spot...but it'll probably require some stashing, and patience.

So my draft essentially netted me Gronk, (via trade for 1.8, '18 1st, 2.4, 2.13, 3.6) Hood, Logan, and Chesson. I'll gladly take that and see what the season brings!

I will say, there is one other guy I wanted, but was unable to trade back in to get him, and that was Jonnu Smith. That guy has a wild story attached to him, and he's a physical beast...he draws comparisons athletically to Jordan Reed. Great pick by my buddy Johnny (Madison Mustangs).
XDL - Prince William Pit Bulls - 2012 Champ, 2017 Runner Up
Brady, JimmyG, Darnold
Guice, RoJo, Kerryon, Foreman, James White
K Allen, Dede, Sanu, Goodwin
Engram

IDL - Washington Federals, 2016 Champ
Brady, Cousins
McCoy, C Thompson
Hopkins, K Allen, Tyreek, Diggs, Jeffery
Reed, Doyle

Beer League (2QB/SF)- Washington Hellraisers, 2015 Champ
Brady, Wilson, Dak
DJ, Freeman, CMAC
OBJ, Diggs, Jeffery, Fitz, Hogan, Golladay
Reed, Cook

GEDL (Early Rookie Draft)- Chesapeake Bay Barracudas
*REBUILD Year 1*
Mayfield
R Penny, Rolls Royce, C Thompson
M Goodwin, J Washington
Jesse James

Good Vs Evil Dynasty (Devy) - The Wild Cards, 2016 Runner Up
Rivers, Goff
Rojo, C Thompson, J White
OBJ, K Allen, Tyreek, M. Jones, E. Sanders
Olsen, Doyle

Red Zone Dynasty (Devy/SF)
Cousins, Trubisky, Dalton, Tyrod
Gurley, Kamara, Guice, CMAC, Drake, Chubb, Lynch
M Thomas, Watkins, C Davis
Henry, Burton

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm

I made the Martavis Trade! Here's why... I legitimately think Bryant is on the verge of stardom. He seems to have committed himself to football for the first time in his life (his words) put on 20+lbs of muscle and talks more openly about the issues he's faced than any other drug related offender I've seen. He openly talked about the withdrawls he went through in a national article for SI which I've never seen before. He cut himself off from bad influences close to him. Could I get burned? Sure. But he has the pure talent to be a top 5 NFL WR. I'm more than willing to lose a trade on paper to accomplish something important for my roster. The two firsts I traded will likely be later in round one. My thought was if Bryant does what I think he will this season I won't be able to touch him for 2 late firsts next year. I also Greatly prefer Bryant to every WR in this class not named Corey Davis...

Another HUGE part of this deal was to get the 3.12 and 4.02 because there were two guys I really wanted that could fill huge holes in my roster if they work out. 3.12 I took Gerald Everrett who many think will get drafted in round 2 of the NFL draft. He's my 4th ranked TE ahead of many TEs that were taken before him in our draft. After I traded Gronk it left me with Brate as my starting TE. Obviously TE is high on my off season To-Do list. With pick 4.02 i got another player I'm pretty high on in a position of need RB Brian Hill. He's my 7th ranked RB overall and couldn't let him fly under the radar any longer. I think he could be a guy that's a huge riser in may rookie drafts.

So all in all i traded what should be two later 1sts in 2018 for Martavis, Everrett and Hill. I know most will think I overpaid but i saw a chance to get 3 guys I REALLY like and was targeting all along. ( i had to trade the 3rds i was going to use on these guys in earlier day one draft deals). I also think all 3 players' value could raise substantially over the next few months making this trade actually look pretty good.

So Now that the 2017 portion of my gronk trade is over here are the results.

Total given up: Gronk, Romo (2018 rd in another deal)

Net Gain:
WR Terrell Pryor
WR Martavis Bryant
TE Jason Witten
RB D'Onta Foreman
RB Samaje Perine
TE Gerald Everrett
RB Brian Hill
And i upgraded to what i think will be a higher 2018 1st than my natural 1st round pick

I honestly think I just retooled my entire team by trading away Rob Gronkowski, a guy many people aren't buying heavily right now.

Drop
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Drop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:20 pm

GRONK SMASH!
XDL - Prince William Pit Bulls - 2012 Champ, 2017 Runner Up
Brady, JimmyG, Darnold
Guice, RoJo, Kerryon, Foreman, James White
K Allen, Dede, Sanu, Goodwin
Engram

IDL - Washington Federals, 2016 Champ
Brady, Cousins
McCoy, C Thompson
Hopkins, K Allen, Tyreek, Diggs, Jeffery
Reed, Doyle

Beer League (2QB/SF)- Washington Hellraisers, 2015 Champ
Brady, Wilson, Dak
DJ, Freeman, CMAC
OBJ, Diggs, Jeffery, Fitz, Hogan, Golladay
Reed, Cook

GEDL (Early Rookie Draft)- Chesapeake Bay Barracudas
*REBUILD Year 1*
Mayfield
R Penny, Rolls Royce, C Thompson
M Goodwin, J Washington
Jesse James

Good Vs Evil Dynasty (Devy) - The Wild Cards, 2016 Runner Up
Rivers, Goff
Rojo, C Thompson, J White
OBJ, K Allen, Tyreek, M. Jones, E. Sanders
Olsen, Doyle

Red Zone Dynasty (Devy/SF)
Cousins, Trubisky, Dalton, Tyrod
Gurley, Kamara, Guice, CMAC, Drake, Chubb, Lynch
M Thomas, Watkins, C Davis
Henry, Burton

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:38 pm

MARKinMI wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm I made the Martavis Trade! Here's why... I legitimately think Bryant is on the verge of stardom. He seems to have committed himself to football for the first time in his life (his words) put on 20+lbs of muscle and talks more openly about the issues he's faced than any other drug related offender I've seen. He openly talked about the withdrawls he went through in a national article for SI which I've never seen before. He cut himself off from bad influences close to him. Could I get burned? Sure. But he has the pure talent to be a top 5 NFL WR. I'm more than willing to lose a trade on paper to accomplish something important for my roster. The two firsts I traded will likely be later in round one. My thought was if Bryant does what I think he will this season I won't be able to touch him for 2 late firsts next year. I also Greatly prefer Bryant to every WR in this class not named Corey Davis...

Another HUGE part of this deal was to get the 3.12 and 4.02 because there were two guys I really wanted that could fill huge holes in my roster if they work out. 3.12 I took Gerald Everrett who many think will get drafted in round 2 of the NFL draft. He's my 4th ranked TE ahead of many TEs that were taken before him in our draft. After I traded Gronk it left me with Brate as my starting TE. Obviously TE is high on my off season To-Do list. With pick 4.02 i got another player I'm pretty high on in a position of need RB Brian Hill. He's my 7th ranked RB overall and couldn't let him fly under the radar any longer. I think he could be a guy that's a huge riser in may rookie drafts.

So all in all i traded what should be two later 1sts in 2018 for Martavis, Everrett and Hill. I know most will think I overpaid but i saw a chance to get 3 guys I REALLY like and was targeting all along. ( i had to trade the 3rds i was going to use on these guys in earlier day one draft deals). I also think all 3 players' value could raise substantially over the next few months making this trade actually look pretty good.

So Now that the 2017 portion of my gronk trade is over here are the results.

Total given up: Gronk, Romo (2018 rd in another deal)

Net Gain:
WR Terrell Pryor
WR Martavis Bryant
TE Jason Witten
RB D'Onta Foreman
RB Samaje Perine
TE Gerald Everrett
RB Brian Hill
And i upgraded to what i think will be a higher 2018 1st than my natural 1st round pick

I honestly think I just retooled my entire team by trading away Rob Gronkowski, a guy many people aren't buying heavily right now.
Personally feel that the Bryant trade was a MASSIVE overpay. I understand you like him, and I guess you had to overpay to get him. I don't think he's been dealt for anything close to that price tag, even before he was suspended for a season. Think 2 2nds would have been more along the lines of the current market value, not 2 1st.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 pm

two 2nds would've gotten me an instant reject.. I tried buying for less believe me. It's not like i opened up with two firsts. I've been trying for months. I even offered multiple deals during the draft and if i remember correctly 1.08 was involved. Knowing your owners is half the battle and I knew if i was going to accomplish what i wanted I'd have to massively overpay as you put it. Because he never counters or even says I'll do it for this. You gotta throw it out there and just see how it goes. I Knew i was overpaying. I said so when i did it. Heck, the offer was still thought about by the other owner after i sent it. It even took a little while to get an acceptance. I made the deal because it was a deal for 3 players and I think Bryant on his own will bring that in the future.

Believe me, I don't expect anyone to say i won the deal on April 19th 2017... But i think It very well could be a different story on april 19th 2018

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm

What was the outcome of the Davis for 3 1sts offer?????

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:15 pm

titans44 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm What was the outcome of the Davis for 3 1sts offer?????
He didnt want it so i took two of those and bought three guys i wanted

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 am

Burlington Bucks here. Finally have some time to post my results.

For me, this draft is overrated as far as 'elite' talent goes. I have two players who I feel have elite 'potential', other than that I see some guys that can be good/above avg if things go right. There's definitely nothing wrong with those types of players, they can help a ff team, but I think many people will be disappointed by their production.

1.7 - Evan Engram - I originally had 1.6 and my plan all along was to draft Evan Engram, so I moved back one spot. I tried to move back more but didn't get much interest. Turns out the 1.8 was going to take Engram so I'm glad I wasn't able to. Engram is one of the safest players in this draft imo. No matter if he stays at TE or moves to WR, he is a mismatch and will be a valuable offensive weapon. I would not be surprised to see him drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft. I do like Howard as well, but there's a chance he goes to a team that will use him in a more traditional TE role and he'll be asked to block more, limiting his ceiling. There's no chance of that happening with Engram. Top 5 TE potential and if he becomes a WR I see a better Jordan Matthews type of situation. He could be what everyone wants/wanted JMatt to be.

3.1 - KD Cannon - Very fast and athletic. Best case scenario he could end up being a DeSean Jackson or Mike Wallace type player. Not the greatest hands in the world but capable. His hands will probably determine his career...He could end up like one of the two players I mentioned or his hands will hold him back and he'll be Kenny Stills or worse.

3.5 - Amara Darboh - Good football player. Strong, smart, works hard, pretty good athlete. Makes great catches then drops an easy one. If he improves his catch rate, he has the potential to be a nice #2 WR on a team.

5.4 - Shelton Gibson - Underrated due to Combine 40. Don't need to see his 40 time to know he is fast. If he really can only run a 4.5, it actually says a lot about his ability to setup defenders because he blows by DB's. Another DeSean Jackson type of player that I'm happy to get in the 5th round. Tried to trade into the 4th to get him.

6.6 - Matt Breida - Athletic freak! Small but he is powerful and fast. Could find his way into a committee.

6.8 - Jordan Westerkamp - You watch him play and it's hard to not like him. Will not be surprised if he finds a role on a team.

7.6 - Jhajuan Seales - Good athlete, strong body, tough. Has some DUI's so he's a risk but it's the 7th round so no biggie.
Last edited by jason401 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am

He openly talked about the withdrawls he went through in a national article for SI which I've never seen before.

I thought Martavis got suspended for weed?? I have not paid much attention to him as of late, but what else has he been into that would cause actual WDs? Even powders don't do that, unless he is speaking of "mental" withdrawing, which would be a pretty serious red flag.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Friction wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am He openly talked about the withdrawls he went through in a national article for SI which I've never seen before.

I thought Martavis got suspended for weed?? I have not paid much attention to him as of late, but what else has he been into that would cause actual WDs? Even powders don't do that, unless he is speaking of "mental" withdrawing, which would be a pretty serious red flag.
Maybe withdrawal isnt the right word maybe it is.. i dont know I've never had dependency issues. He said he couldn't sleep for the first four days and just felt irritable and angry. The fact that he said something other than "it was easy, i could stop whenever i wanted" like most guys in this situation spoke volumes imo. Article was posted in back in January. Don't take my word for it.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/marta ... nstatement

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 pm

having to stop doing anything you like doing makes you irritable and angry. try not watching football on Sunday and watching your favorite team a week later see how you feel about it.

anyway I have all the dependency issues you could ever not want to have smoke drink etc etc and someone else telling me I can't do it or else...
Well, i would be irritable and angry for longer than 4 days even though it would be relatively easy to stop. I would still be resentful about someone else forcing choices on me that I feel are mine to make

Anyway I feel like both Martavis and Gordon are coming back. Gordon got royally screwed imo but at least the NFL is recognizing it and making changes in the right direction. Not all the way there yet but I feel like they will get there eventually
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Here's how I wrapped up my draft:

5.06: Speedy Noil - He was a top recruit coming out and underwhelmed for the most part at college. The good parts of the tape are really good, but he's the classic risk/reward player, although the risk is pretty low.

6.01: Mack Hollins - A favorite sleeper of mine. Watching the tape he does remind me a bit of Mike Evans. He's a big man that can move. The draftnik community is sleeping on him, and when he goes in round 3/4 in the NFL draft, I'll be very happy.

7.01: Matthew Dayes - He profiles to be a solid depth RB but could handle the gig if injuries or a wide open depth chart.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Overally, I am pleased with the results of my draft. I got my top 2 RB's (Fournette and Mixon), top 2 WR's (Davis and Williams), and top TE (Howard) to go along with my #5 RB as well (Kamara). I was able to pick up Shaheen who I think will be a high day 2 pick. Chad Hansen is another guy I think will be day 2. Mack Hollins is another guy that I think could project in to a starting role someday. And I was able to add Marshawn Lynch who should hopefully be a candidate to flip later.

I loved how I worked out the top 6 as I got all my targets, but had decisions to make at 1.10 and the other 2nd round picks. I really wanted Engram as I think he has the highest fantasy upside. I also really like Njoku, but having already had Howard who I think will be a safe TE, I decided to go RB as the market is much greater than that of TE's.

At 2.01 and on, I saw a pretty big cliff coming. I do like Foreman, but don't think he will ever be a bonafide stud. I was also targeting Curtis Samuel, but again, nothing jumped out to me as a blue chip player, so I oped to go for what should be a top 3 pick. We'll have to see where the pick ends up next year, but hopefully it's pretty high. All in all, I like the depth and team I've built thus far, and will continue to build with another strong class in 2018.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10