When is an offer an offer?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Re: When is an offer an offer?

Postby pvballer3915 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Billy wrote:yeah PV, let the actions speak for themselves at this point.
you've got nearly (if not ALL) 100% approval, don't screw it up now :)
Its whatever. this isnt the 1st time this site tried to bash me...

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
making an offer youre not willing to swallow does your pride no justice as well. offering something then going " oh wait... you accepted... can we make that a 2nd and a 3rd instead? " see how bad that looks on your part?

trade still has to be confirmed by you. but i can see why he wouldnt WANT to veto it. however, as it goes, it has to be confirmed.

i personally dont care for these threads that point fingers. take it to pms.
I've avoided commenting, but it's back at the top, so here goes.

I completely agree with the above. That process reeks of Used Car Salesmen BS.

The trading process in the league is F'd up. Plain and simple. This would all be avoided without it.

In my league I am discussing a trade with someone at the moment via email. However, that is only AFTER I have offered a trade to that owner. Owner wasn't quite sure he wanted to, but not quite sure he didn't. Point is, a LEGITIMATE and BINDING offer was made initially.

I don't know how other people operate, but I don't go sending off random thoughts of trades to people without actually wanting it to happen. There is ZERO point to that.

"Oh you would accept that trade? No, I wasn't looking to actually do it. I was bored while sitting on the shitter and signed onto the league on my phone. Have a good day!"

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Lumps wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
making an offer youre not willing to swallow does your pride no justice as well. offering something then going " oh wait... you accepted... can we make that a 2nd and a 3rd instead? " see how bad that looks on your part?

trade still has to be confirmed by you. but i can see why he wouldnt WANT to veto it. however, as it goes, it has to be confirmed.

i personally dont care for these threads that point fingers. take it to pms.
I've avoided commenting, but it's back at the top, so here goes.

I completely agree with the above. That process reeks of Used Car Salesmen BS.

The trading process in the league is F'd up. Plain and simple. This would all be avoided without it.

In my league I am discussing a trade with someone at the moment via email. However, that is only AFTER I have offered a trade to that owner. Owner wasn't quite sure he wanted to, but not quite sure he didn't. Point is, a LEGITIMATE and BINDING offer was made initially.

I don't know how other people operate, but I don't go sending off random thoughts of trades to people without actually wanting it to happen. There is ZERO point to that.

"Oh you would accept that trade? No, I wasn't looking to actually do it. I was bored while sitting on the shitter and signed onto the league on my phone. Have a good day!"
This is kinda like calling up a girl and asking her to the Prom, having her say yes, and then calling her back to say "I was just kidding around, I don't like you, you're ugly" :lol: :lol: Hopefully the parties involved here can simply talk this out and move on :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

This kind of junk sucks. I'm sorry for Bert. But remember it's only fantasy football, most of us play in leagues with people we will never meet in person. If someone wants to ruin their digital reputation, give him the rope.

I agree with Spencer. The people involved are members of this board, forget public opinion and fix it internally OR walk away. No one gains with threads like this.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I thought this was an opinion board?? My original posting had no names, just a scenario. People that weren't even part of the trade or the league started spilling names. I didn't want the names mentioned because who was involved and I didn't want them called out in public.
If you don't like these type of threads, don't respond. No harm no foul. But, I will continue to put up postings like this , because this one is no different from the postings asking about collusion or trying to dump inactive owners and some of the other philosophic fantasy football problems that people are looking for advice on.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Skipped over the meat of this thread, it simply wasn't even interesting. Don't know who was involved, don't really care. Think ya'll can relax for the most part, your reputations should still be intact.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Vintage wrote:Skipped over the meat of this thread, it simply wasn't even interesting. Don't know who was involved, don't really care. Think ya'll can relax for the most part, your reputations should still be intact.
But what about the e-peens?

Forgot to say above, my comments were aside from any shady actions by anyone.

I'm just saying, I don't go around offering BS for the fun of it.

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Pretty sure a few of you Vince and Lumps I believe...have it backwards, what happened if I read it correctly (not in the league, and dont really care about the situation) was that Commish said I like A and B, 1st and 3rd for them, then Bert said I will have to think about that one, then Commish posted the poll....

Just correcting those who I think read it wrong, although I do not like the commish responding to the league site (not this site), I do not really care other then that, the league should seriously look at a better way of doing deals is all, where both owners accept like many have said

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Who Dey~Cincy wrote:Pretty sure a few of you Vince and Lumps I believe...have it backwards, what happened if I read it correctly (not in the league, and dont really care about the situation) was that Commish said I like A and B, 1st and 3rd for them, then Bert said I will have to think about that one, then Commish posted the poll....

Just correcting those who I think read it wrong, although I do not like the commish responding to the league site (not this site), I do not really care other then that, the league should seriously look at a better way of doing deals is all, where both owners accept like many have said
Actually you have read it wrong. Commish is Team 1. Offering team is Team 2. Commish said let me think about it...then later that day accepted and put up the poll.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Billy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Billy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:21 pm

skip, you are correct

also, vintage, if you "skipped over the meat" and "don't care" and "it's not even interesting"
why post?
i'm not ripping you, it just seemed like a funny thing to say.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:29 pm

yumbo wrote:I thought this was an opinion board?? My original posting had no names, just a scenario. People that weren't even part of the trade or the league started spilling names. I didn't want the names mentioned because who was involved and I didn't want them called out in public.
If you don't like these type of threads, don't respond. No harm no foul. But, I will continue to put up postings like this , because this one is no different from the postings asking about collusion or trying to dump inactive owners and some of the other philosophic fantasy football problems that people are looking for advice on.
Jim I don't think anyone is placing blame on you for starting the thread. The OP is no different than other mundane stuff we discuss, until names got involved and then the thread just kept growing "out of control". I hope you didn't take offense to my post, I know your skin is thicker than that :wink:

Let's be honest though, there's been some drama around here the past few months. Most of which could be easily avoided. This isn't some catty chick message board, we're a bunch of dudes talking fantasy football. Pretty cut and dry :D

The Juggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Juggernaut » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:08 pm

At the risk of getting smacked, i will weigh in here... you claim have a situation where you owners have no leverage. You actually have all the leverage here. You had the players added to your roster and in turn gave up draft picks (if I read that correctly). You may not get any satisfaction from the commish now...but next year when you hold whatever type of draft, (if the owners are in agreement), you can state what you wish to happen or else you could all re-structure the league without him. It's not like he has your players on his roster. He only has draft picks next year, so it really doesn't impact the league this year or give him an unfair advantage this year in any way. Next year, the league can impose any sanctions on the commish that they wish (if they are all actually in agreement here). The league is fine for the remainder of this year and you have the leverage to either make it right next year or exile the commish and re-start the league with a different owner handling his team. ...just my opinion...
Custom scoring PPR ***FULL REBUILD…11 Starters
1-2 QBs Rodgers, Hurts, Cunningham
2-5 RBs Abanikanda, Dobbins, Akers, Tucker, Strong,
3-6 WRs D.Smith, Juju, DJ Moore, Pierce, Mims, Wilson, Marshall
1-2 TEs Goedert, Johnson, McBride
1-D Washington

Devy Henderson, Egbuka, J.Dickey, Judkins, R.Owens, B. Robinson

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 pm

skip wrote:
Who Dey~Cincy wrote:Pretty sure a few of you Vince and Lumps I believe...have it backwards, what happened if I read it correctly (not in the league, and dont really care about the situation) was that Commish said I like A and B, 1st and 3rd for them, then Bert said I will have to think about that one, then Commish posted the poll....

Actually you have read it wrong. Commish is Team 1. Offering team is Team 2. Commish said let me think about it...then later that day accepted and put up the poll.

Oh man, if there is one thing I can do... it's READ!! Look out....

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:59 am

Sorry about that, then yeah I do not see why the team that proposed it is complaining, the ONLY problem here is that the commish has not responded, but I'm sorry when you send an offer that automatically means that you want it really....

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:04 am

Who Dey~Cincy wrote:Sorry about that, then yeah I do not see why the team that proposed it is complaining, the ONLY problem here is that the commish has not responded, but I'm sorry when you send an offer that automatically means that you want it really....
I haven't said anything thus far because by the time I started reading it, names were involved. This is pretty much how I see it. The offer was verbally made and if it wasn't an official offer that should have been stated. This sounds like a similar system of trading as the DLF Charter league and UDL but without both owners confirming the trade via message board. The only issue I see here is a misunderstanding and lack of communication. In general though, if you are just brainstorming and trying to work out value of a trade you should state that when a message is sent.