Annoying Log In

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Annoying Log In

Postby eraldo_coil » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am

Things seem to be worse for me.

I cannot login at all via desktop. On both forum and main site. Currently logged in on my phone to type this out. In desktop I click login and it refreshes the page but does not log me in at all. I've tried this about 20 times today. Tried clearing cache multiple times, doesn't fix the issue.

Please advise!!!
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:20 am

Yes, I cleared my cache last night and it didn't work right away after closing my browser ..

But this morning was the first time I didn't have to Log In when visiting the forum or trying to post.
@PlankMelody

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:31 am

eraldo_coil wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am Things seem to be worse for me.

I cannot login at all via desktop. On both forum and main site. Currently logged in on my phone to type this out. In desktop I click login and it refreshes the page but does not log me in at all. I've tried this about 20 times today. Tried clearing cache multiple times, doesn't fix the issue.

Please advise!!!
Instead of retrying to login, have you tried just clicking the refresh button on your browser? I used to have that issue also where it seemed like an endless loop of clicking login, then going to the league discussion forum only to notice I'm no longer logged in. To fix this I found out a simple refresh on the browser created an auto-login almost and got be back in.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am

Its been doing this for me ever since the website updated a while back. It was perfect before the website overhaul. Now doesnt depend on browser, pc, phone, clearing cache, anything, it just flat out doesnt work anymore. Ive been waiting for the fix silently.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Ryan, when you say "doing this" what specifically do you mean? Did you try clearing your cache and restarting your browser since yesterday afternoon?

Thanks

KM

Ryantacular wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am Its been doing this for me ever since the website updated a while back. It was perfect before the website overhaul. Now doesnt depend on browser, pc, phone, clearing cache, anything, it just flat out doesnt work anymore. Ive been waiting for the fix silently.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Eraldo, I am sorry to hear that. Not sure why that would be happening. It is especially surprising you are experiencing issues with the main website. The change I made was quite specific to the forum, and would most definitely not impact the main website. Can you try logging in with a different browser?

Thanks

KM

Please advise!!!

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:13 pm

This is not a bad suggestion, but again, really weird behavior which I cannot reproduce. Do you have any plugins active on your web browser?

Thanks

KM
IBall2 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:31 am

Please advise!!!
Instead of retrying to login, have you tried just clicking the refresh button on your browser? I used to have that issue also where it seemed like an endless loop of clicking login, then going to the league discussion forum only to notice I'm no longer logged in. To fix this I found out a simple refresh on the browser created an auto-login almost and got be back in.

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:13 pm This is not a bad suggestion, but again, really weird behavior which I cannot reproduce. Do you have any plugins active on your web browser?

Thanks

KM

Please advise!!!
IBall-- refreshing did not fix the issue for me.

Ken-- OK, I'm on Safari now and it logged me in just fine. Maybe it's a chrome issue? At any rate, at least I know I can access the site/forum via Safari, so that's good. Not sure why Chrome is being wonky.

Current plugins I have active on Chrome right now are AdBlock Plus, Lastpass, FireShot, Honey, Dropbox, and Boomerang. Maybe it's one of those?
Last edited by eraldo_coil on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

Team 2

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NanceUSMC » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Been playing the 'login' game (click on main forum, logged out, click login, directed to the main forum index, select Discusion forum, logged out on page load, refresh does nothing, rinse repeat) for about 3 hours off and on now... making this post in case it starts again so someone will know...

I suggest a LogMeIn session and a phone call with someone willing who can replicate the issue readily...
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Login is sporadic on chrome on my pc. Typically I have to login at least once a day. On safari on my iPhone it keeps the login a bit longer but I still have to log in more than I should. I cleared the cache several times.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:14 pm

eraldo_coil wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm
dlf_kenm wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:13 pm This is not a bad suggestion, but again, really weird behavior which I cannot reproduce. Do you have any plugins active on your web browser?

Thanks

KM

Ken-- OK, I'm on Safari now and it logged me in just fine. Maybe it's a chrome issue? At any rate, at least I know I can access the site/forum via Safari, so that's good. Not sure why Chrome is being wonky.

Current plugins I have active on Chrome right now are AdBlock Plus, Lastpass, FireShot, Honey, Dropbox, and Boomerang. Maybe it's one of those?
The only plugin I have on chrome is uBlockOrigin and I think mine is fixed now.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:55 am

dlf_kenm wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 pm Ryan, when you say "doing this" what specifically do you mean? Did you try clearing your cache and restarting your browser since yesterday afternoon?

Thanks

KM

Ryantacular wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am Its been doing this for me ever since the website updated a while back. It was perfect before the website overhaul. Now doesnt depend on browser, pc, phone, clearing cache, anything, it just flat out doesnt work anymore. Ive been waiting for the fix silently.
By "doing this" I mean, I used to just come to work every day, and I would still be logged in, until the website overhaul happened. Now, even though I checkmark the stay logged in box, I'm logged out by the next day. Sometimes I'm logged out by lunch if I login early. I have cleared the Cache, but not since the date you mentioned, so I went ahead and just did it again. I'll update you if I'm still logged in or not tomorrow when I get back to work.

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 am

Thanks

KM

So an update on this for me- I can login fine via Safari and Chrome on iPhone, however I cannot login via Chrome on my desktop. Another weird thing is I tried logging in via Chrome from my laptop, and it worked. I guess it's just my desktop giving me fits, which makes me think even more now that it is a plugin issue.

The originally login game is still persisting for me, in that I have to log back in every few hours it seems.
Team 1

Team 2

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 am

For me, it's been this way for years. Whenever I leave the website, it logs me out, even if I click "Remember Me". It does it on Mobile, and on Desktop. I can click around in different forums and on different topics and it leaves me logged in, but as soon as I close the window/tab that has DLF open, it logs me out. Similarly, there seems to be no correlation between the forums and the main DLF site. Both log me out as soon as I close a window or tab.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:48 am

Quick suggestion, since you are already using LastPass, if you edit your credentials for the forum url and select Autologin under Advanced settings, that may significantly improve your experience. A work-around more than a solution, but a good one.

Thanks

KM
eraldo_coil wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 am

Thanks

KM

So an update on this for me- I can login fine via Safari and Chrome on iPhone, however I cannot login via Chrome on my desktop. Another weird thing is I tried logging in via Chrome from my laptop, and it worked. I guess it's just my desktop giving me fits, which makes me think even more now that it is a plugin issue.

The originally login game is still persisting for me, in that I have to log back in every few hours it seems.