Does Football (Real or Fantasy) Affect You?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.

Does Football Affect You?

Alot
65%
Sometimes
18%
Never
18%

Total votes: 17

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Does Football (Real or Fantasy) Affect You?

Postby Pilate » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Interesting results thus far. I am as huge a fan of football as anyone but ironically....football does not affect me one way or the other. All my teams could be 0-** and my mood wouldn't change. Additionally..I don't have a favorite football team. I grew up following players and never teams thus I have never followed or loved one exclusively.

I voted "never".

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Pilate wrote:Interesting results thus far. I am as huge a fan of football as anyone but ironically....football does not affect me one way or the other. All my teams could be 0-** and my mood wouldn't change. Additionally..I don't have a favorite football team. I grew up following players and never teams thus I have never followed or loved one exclusively.

I voted "never".
I voted "sometimes". My mood will depend more on the team the Giants are playing than anything. THis week I will just watch for enjoyment as always as the Giants go against Detroit. Next week against Dallas is another story lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Put me in the "Never" category. Most people know I don't even have access to live games. I was still able to occasionally pick up a game on one of the networks until analog waves went bye-bye. If I prioritize the main things in my life...

Does football (real or fantasy) impact my faith? No.
Does it impact the love for my wife or my kids? No.
Does it impact my work? No.
Does it impact any other area of my life outside of being purely amusement? No.

The word "amusement" has the root word "amuse". Muse means to think...amuse means to...not think. We need to treat football for what it is. Its a distraction from the things that really matter and impact our lives. A year from now if the fields are unkept and the stands empty, how is that going to impact the things like I listed above? It's not. It's for fun and entertainment. That's it.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Its interesting for me now as far as teams I really get into, as my NFL team "Browns" are still lousy, but by College team "Ohio State" are great right now, but for me its really more than just that. I got tired of all of the Vincent Jackson, Randy Moss, and Brett Favre sagas you hear about in the NFL, and have taken a greater liking to the college game (still some college scandals, but much more purity I think) When I look at another sport like MLB, I have changed the way I view the game compared to when I was younger, I mean it seems like I always root for the smaller market teams now, like Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, and you bet I'm rooting for Texas to beat the Yankees of course. The mentality changes when you realize that certain markets really depend on their teams to do well for their economy to do well, for example right now the Buffalo Bills are really bad, but if Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and others were there now, it would be the NFL place to be, and more importantly generate much more business in the Buffalo area, which I think would make nearly everyone happy and save jobs and livelihood for the people there. Some may be surprised, but as a Cleveland fan I'd totally root for a Cincinnati Reds or Pittsburgh Pirates team in the world series in a heartbeat, assuming my MLB team wasn't involved. :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm

It affects me, I think it's genetic.