MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Missile
Captain
Captain

Re: MFL

Postby Missile » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am

Reading on Twitter that the Commish can add the vertical bar back. It is not a default anymore and needs to be added.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 am

I actually like the new font more.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

bias34
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bias34 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:59 am

Missile wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am Reading on Twitter that the Commish can add the vertical bar back. It is not a default anymore and needs to be added.
Hmmm....I have read that MFL has acknowledged that the vertical bar is no longer available. Did they add it back over the weekend??? I don't see an option to add it, so if anyone does, please post the location! Thanks!

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:07 am

As has been posted multiple times, things are still in progress of being developed. You guys are pulling your hair out for probably nothing. If it's a shitshow a month from now then I concede it's messed up.

By the way, go the MFL forums and you can post with the actual developer of the CSS and the skins the issues you have. He (and MFL) have been fixing/ modifying things pretty much daily as issues come up.

This includes getting an option for the vertical menu to come back if you want it, it's not in yet though (and I've seen nothing official about it). There is some custom code to add a vertical menu but why bother spending time on custom code when you may get an option button for it soon.

So again, everyone just needs to calm down in my opinion and slow down. Everything is still in progress and will be for a while. Everyone bitched about getting things updated, so now they update and everyone bitches. Imagine that. LOL :wtf:

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 am

bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:59 am
Missile wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am Reading on Twitter that the Commish can add the vertical bar back. It is not a default anymore and needs to be added.
Hmmm....I have read that MFL has acknowledged that the vertical bar is no longer available. Did they add it back over the weekend??? I don't see an option to add it, so if anyone does, please post the location! Thanks!
Response from MFL about adding in vertical bar.

"Sure it can be done with a custom skin; just not the default any longer"

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 am

I'm leaving it alone. I tried to play with the waivers setup and all it did was erase my league calendar events for Feb and March. I still don't see anywhere to enter your bid amount. I'm staying at 2016 until things settle down.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 am

Sorry, but this is an unmitigated flaming disaster. Think Hindenburg, only worse!

They promised a lot of things, including a cleaner interface. All they did was remove a menu, change some fonts and keep some crappy skins.

Do they have a customer feedback/input thread on the Community Forums at MFL? No. I'm not gonna post in the CSS subforum about the Rosters tab. As a paying customer, I shouldn't have to code something as basic as that. And if the website doesn't even bother to open up a platform to discuss the recent changes on their forum, why should I bother to make one? Seriously, these guys are bush league who really don't care or understand what their customers want, need or deserve!

Only reason I will stay is because I've got a salary cap auction league and not enough time to manage those elements myself elsewhere.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am

bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 am I am getting ready to submit a help ticket on some suggested site changes, but I wanted to get some opinions first....

The area I'm addressing is the removal of the vertical menu bar on the left side that had a lot of helpful links. (Yes Skip, I know you can get to these items from the top horizontal menu bar, and you always could, but the vast majority here is unhappy with this change).

My suggestion, short of bringing back the vertical bar, is to change some of the one-click buttons that are currently on the 2nd horizontal menu bar at the top (the one with Home, Live Scoring, Standings, etc.). Do we need shortcut buttons for Power Rank, Playoffs, and League History? I personally wouldn't even miss the buttons for Message Board, Standings, and Transactions as I use the respective modules to access them.

There are currently 10 buttons on this bar. I would guess that they could easily change some of them to more helpful items like Rosters, League Calendar, Add/Drop, Injured Reserve, Taxi Squad, and Submit Lineup. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea overall? Do you have other suggestions for which buttons to remove, and which buttons to add?

Thanks.
Removing the left side menu was critical in formatting the page for mobile. That thing was always odd in its design as it was literally wedged in the pushing everything to the right. I hated that thing and had already removed it where i could years ago.

CAMVP
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CAMVP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 am

Missile wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 am

Where do you create a custom skin though???
2016 League Champion
PPR SCL 75 yrs, 260k, 26 roster spots, 4 Taxi
Format 1QB 2RB 3WR 1RB/WR/TE Flex 1 Superflex 1TE 1D/ST
QBS-T. Bridgewater 5yrs/2.5k B. Roethlisberger 2yrs/20k, Tua 5yrs/10k, A.Smith 1yr/3k, J. Garoppolo 3yrs/8k
RBs- N.Chubb 3yrs/14k, K. Drake 1yr/19k, A.Peterson 1yr/7k, I. Smith 2yrs/1k, P. Lindsay 2yrs/10k
WRs- A.Thielen 6yrs/48k, T. Lockett 5yrs/13k, C. Sutton 2 yrs/5k W.Fuller 5yrs/19k, J. Gordon 1yr/1k, KJ. Hamler 4yrs/1k, DJax 1yr/6k, D. Johnson 3yrs/1k, H.Renfrow 4yrs/1k, M.Williams 2yrs/10k
TEs- OJ.Howard 5yrs/5k W.Dissly 1yr/4k, G.Everett 1yr/5k, D.Goedert 2yrs/5k
Def- Saints
Taxi - Rodney Anderson, R. Burkhead, E. St. Brown
2020 Draft - 2nd, 4th, 4th and 5th

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 am

Waivers. .....Is it even possible to set them up correctly right now? My leagues run your standard weekly BB period followed by a FCFS period and I'm completely lost. In the BB setup page there's an option to designate a date to process BB waivers, but no option to set up when they start each week. I then went to the manual calendar setup page to set waivers that way, and BB and FCFS waivers aren't even an option in their list of events. They have things like Draft, no waivers allowed, no drops allowed, but no options for BB or FCFS waivers. They even have an event option labeled as "Huh?". Can someone help me out here? Are they still working on setting up the WW options?
So I am not 1oo% but I think the way to do it is like this

1) Select 'Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve for Rest'
2) Choose the day to process (My leagues process Thursday at 11am) so I only selected 'Thu' under 'What Days Do You Want Automated Waiver Process To Run?' but you can obviously have more days
3) Select 'Dropped Players Are Locked Until:' Make sure this is set for the same time as your BB process time so for my league Thu 11am, this means all dropped players stay locked and as we set in #1 we say these people are only available for BB not FCFS.
4) 'Lock All Free Agents Each Week On:' - best to just set this for sometime around the end of MNF. This ensures that any player byes, FA etc get locked and thus are also under rule #1. By this setting all players will be locked starting Monday night and on must first go through the waiver process and then FCFS will open. by setting the Lock All Free Agents, it ensures there's no "Rest" in the First Serve for Rest until after the waivers.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

bias34
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bias34 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 am

MARKinMI wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am
bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 am I am getting ready to submit a help ticket on some suggested site changes, but I wanted to get some opinions first....

The area I'm addressing is the removal of the vertical menu bar on the left side that had a lot of helpful links. (Yes Skip, I know you can get to these items from the top horizontal menu bar, and you always could, but the vast majority here is unhappy with this change).

My suggestion, short of bringing back the vertical bar, is to change some of the one-click buttons that are currently on the 2nd horizontal menu bar at the top (the one with Home, Live Scoring, Standings, etc.). Do we need shortcut buttons for Power Rank, Playoffs, and League History? I personally wouldn't even miss the buttons for Message Board, Standings, and Transactions as I use the respective modules to access them.

There are currently 10 buttons on this bar. I would guess that they could easily change some of them to more helpful items like Rosters, League Calendar, Add/Drop, Injured Reserve, Taxi Squad, and Submit Lineup. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea overall? Do you have other suggestions for which buttons to remove, and which buttons to add?

Thanks.
Removing the left side menu was critical in formatting the page for mobile. That thing was always odd in its design as it was literally wedged in the pushing everything to the right. I hated that thing and had already removed it where i could years ago.
I hear you, and that's why I'm advocating something else. I'm suggesting they change some of the quick link buttons that are on the 2nd horizontal menu bar.....ones that are not very useful to have there imo. This is a means to re-acquire some quick links to the often-used pages (like Rosters) without major changes to the interface. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a good idea?

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am

CAMVP wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 am
Missile wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 am

Where do you create a custom skin though???
Sorry, not sure. I'm not a commissioner.

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:57 am

Jacob wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 am I'm leaving it alone. I tried to play with the waivers setup and all it did was erase my league calendar events for Feb and March. I still don't see anywhere to enter your bid amount. I'm staying at 2016 until things settle down.
If you have Blind Bid/FCFS, you'll have to make sure all FA's are 'locked'. Otherwise the system will think it's fcfs. I don't see a way to manually lock players though, so you may have to let it run a week without anyone submitting claims. Then all players will lock whenever you have that set for, so say Sunday 1pm. Waivers should then process correctly, as once they process, all FA's will unlock and be available for fcfs. And this process will repeat starting the next time you hit the 'all FA's will lock at' setting.

That's what I've come up with so far anyway. No idea how they think this is an upgrade.

CAMVP
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CAMVP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:07 pm

bias34 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 am
MARKinMI wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks.
The "Rosters" quick link is really the only page that my league cares about. Not a huge deal as its right in the drop down, but would be a preferred enhancement imo.

I hear you, and that's why I'm advocating something else. I'm suggesting they change some of the quick link buttons that are on the 2nd horizontal menu bar.....ones that are not very useful to have there imo. This is a means to re-acquire some quick links to the often-used pages (like Rosters) without major changes to the interface. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a good idea?
2016 League Champion
PPR SCL 75 yrs, 260k, 26 roster spots, 4 Taxi
Format 1QB 2RB 3WR 1RB/WR/TE Flex 1 Superflex 1TE 1D/ST
QBS-T. Bridgewater 5yrs/2.5k B. Roethlisberger 2yrs/20k, Tua 5yrs/10k, A.Smith 1yr/3k, J. Garoppolo 3yrs/8k
RBs- N.Chubb 3yrs/14k, K. Drake 1yr/19k, A.Peterson 1yr/7k, I. Smith 2yrs/1k, P. Lindsay 2yrs/10k
WRs- A.Thielen 6yrs/48k, T. Lockett 5yrs/13k, C. Sutton 2 yrs/5k W.Fuller 5yrs/19k, J. Gordon 1yr/1k, KJ. Hamler 4yrs/1k, DJax 1yr/6k, D. Johnson 3yrs/1k, H.Renfrow 4yrs/1k, M.Williams 2yrs/10k
TEs- OJ.Howard 5yrs/5k W.Dissly 1yr/4k, G.Everett 1yr/5k, D.Goedert 2yrs/5k
Def- Saints
Taxi - Rodney Anderson, R. Burkhead, E. St. Brown
2020 Draft - 2nd, 4th, 4th and 5th

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 pm

chopping mall wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 am
BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 am

Waivers. .....Is it even possible to set them up correctly right now? My leagues run your standard weekly BB period followed by a FCFS period and I'm completely lost. In the BB setup page there's an option to designate a date to process BB waivers, but no option to set up when they start each week. I then went to the manual calendar setup page to set waivers that way, and BB and FCFS waivers aren't even an option in their list of events. They have things like Draft, no waivers allowed, no drops allowed, but no options for BB or FCFS waivers. They even have an event option labeled as "Huh?". Can someone help me out here? Are they still working on setting up the WW options?
So I am not 1oo% but I think the way to do it is like this

1) Select 'Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve for Rest'
2) Choose the day to process (My leagues process Thursday at 11am) so I only selected 'Thu' under 'What Days Do You Want Automated Waiver Process To Run?' but you can obviously have more days
3) Select 'Dropped Players Are Locked Until:' Make sure this is set for the same time as your BB process time so for my league Thu 11am, this means all dropped players stay locked and as we set in #1 we say these people are only available for BB not FCFS.
4) 'Lock All Free Agents Each Week On:' - best to just set this for sometime around the end of MNF. This ensures that any player byes, FA etc get locked and thus are also under rule #1. By this setting all players will be locked starting Monday night and on must first go through the waiver process and then FCFS will open. by setting the Lock All Free Agents, it ensures there's no "Rest" in the First Serve for Rest until after the waivers.
So I've been testing this the last couple of hours and some issues I had

1) Dropped players are not locking when dropped.
2) Free Agents are not locking after the Lock All Free Agents time has come
3) set my Blind Bidding process to go off exactly 5 minutes ago and as of my typing this, still waiting for it to process.

So yeah the waiver system needs some major tune up.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th