MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: MFL

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:14 am

I assume more adjustments are coming, but they simply didn't outline the flow anywhere for customer awareness. As for Waivers, I just put everything on hold for the time being to see what info may come out rather than dive too deep when things may not be done or still change.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:19 am

Yeah so far with the changes they have made, I dislike it even more than the old layout. The side bar was very useful imo, the duplication never bothered me. Things are even HARDER to do now, and I really don't like the look of the new layout. The font is horrible. The old layout wasn't that bad..

Draft Master
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Draft Master » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:13 am
HEADBANGER wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 am Can't you guys lay off looking for crack till the dealer says the bleep is ready sometime Wednesday?
you seem unfamiliar with being an addict...
Just a dorky guy trying to talk cool lol

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:44 am

We should just devote this thread to anything and everything someone can complain about.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:28 pm

grooner wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:19 am Yeah so far with the changes they have made, I dislike it even more than the old layout. The side bar was very useful imo, the duplication never bothered me. Things are even HARDER to do now, and I really don't like the look of the new layout. The font is horrible. The old layout wasn't that bad..
Thank you for agreeing that font is horrible.

I've already told several commishes that until they fix the font, i will never go to the league website or open an email (like a trade proposal) from MFL. I just won't. I can access my 2016 leagues from the 3rd party app.

If a 2017 3rd party app is good enough for me to run my team fluently (including waiver stuff), then I don't mind playing in the leagues.

But if MFL just sticks us with that awful font & I can't play from the app, I will drop my 9 dynasty leagues & take my business elsewhere. I co-commish some, and perhaps the owners in those leagues would be open to a flea flicker migration.

Easy enough....

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:20 pm

jordanzs wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:28 pm I co-commish some, and perhaps the owners in those leagues would be open to a flea flicker migration.

Easy enough....
So you would leave MFL over a font? And replace it with a vastly inferior product? I suffered two seasons in a Flea league. Couldn't stand it anymore. The best word I can use to describe it:. Infantile.

From what I can tell so far with the site change is they are focusing heavily on the interface on mobile devices. Aside from the font change, the site viewed on a typical desktop browser remained almost the same minus the side menu.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes if the site is giving me headaches between my eyes, I would.

I bailed out of a startup league before the draft for a similar reason. The commish had everyone chip in for custom graphics and then the font sucked and didn't look good on the background. I told him to find a new owner, but the draft hadn't started yet so it was all good.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Has anyone upgraded to 2017 yet? If so, how are the new skins? I realized that the 2016 skins were not updated. So I need to reserve judgment on new skins until I upgrade and try out the new ones.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Font? Are we looking at the same web pages because the fonts are plenty readable both mobile and desktop. Perhaps give a link to your league to see if we see the same thing.

FYI easy enough to change the font to something else with CSS. It's 2 lines of code in the past, can't be anything more then that now either.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Has anyone upgraded to 2017? Should I do it now, or wait until next week. If so, why?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 am

This is a friggin nightmare. I commish 6 leagues and rolled my first one over tonight. ....I'm ready to pull my hair out.

As others have mentioned, the elimination of the side menu is terrible. I know all the options are in the dropdown menu, but it's so much more confusing to find what you're looking for.

Waivers. .....Is it even possible to set them up correctly right now? My leagues run your standard weekly BB period followed by a FCFS period and I'm completely lost. In the BB setup page there's an option to designate a date to process BB waivers, but no option to set up when they start each week. I then went to the manual calendar setup page to set waivers that way, and BB and FCFS waivers aren't even an option in their list of events. They have things like Draft, no waivers allowed, no drops allowed, but no options for BB or FCFS waivers. They even have an event option labeled as "Huh?". Can someone help me out here? Are they still working on setting up the WW options?

I have a feeling I'm about done with MFL. I hate FleaFlicker with a passion, but it's starting to look better by the day. This might be my last year on MFL.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:41 am

I'm baffled that a designer would choose to use that condensed style font. I have pretty good vision, Don't wear glasses and find it very difficult to read. I complained to them on twitter and they said things are still being tweaked. I have a feeling that if you guys complain about the font to them instead of here where they won't see it, things could get changed.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:00 am

I just submitted this help ticket:

"I see three very big issues that I'm getting complaints about from leagues i design for other people.

1. This font you guys are using is very condensed and difficult to read even on desktop. It really should be a pt or two larger in a style that isn't condensed. I just rolled over my 7 leagues and my eyes are actually bothering me. I've re-coded about 70(ish) leagues over the last few days to use your new UI and im getting a lot of complaints about the font from other owners. I explain to them that i don't change that stuff.

2. Can you please make the icons on the message board scale to the size of the icons on the standings module. They're all squished now since the upgrade. The old Nola skin used the icon setting size to scale them. This one looks like its stuck on the default size.

3. A few of your new skins scale down the league banner in size. I noticed black lattice was one of those, i cant remember the other. But when you try to put an image in the league banner slot the fills the space it scales it down so you have a ton of white around it. On the other skins it allows you to fill that entire area with a banner that's 1150px in width.

Thanks
"

If enough people complain about this stuff they will fix it. These are simple code tweaks for them as opposed to redesigning something. So open a support ticket and let them know if you have an issue.

bias34
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bias34 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 am

I am getting ready to submit a help ticket on some suggested site changes, but I wanted to get some opinions first....

The area I'm addressing is the removal of the vertical menu bar on the left side that had a lot of helpful links. (Yes Skip, I know you can get to these items from the top horizontal menu bar, and you always could, but the vast majority here is unhappy with this change).

My suggestion, short of bringing back the vertical bar, is to change some of the one-click buttons that are currently on the 2nd horizontal menu bar at the top (the one with Home, Live Scoring, Standings, etc.). Do we need shortcut buttons for Power Rank, Playoffs, and League History? I personally wouldn't even miss the buttons for Message Board, Standings, and Transactions as I use the respective modules to access them.

There are currently 10 buttons on this bar. I would guess that they could easily change some of them to more helpful items like Rosters, League Calendar, Add/Drop, Injured Reserve, Taxi Squad, and Submit Lineup. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea overall? Do you have other suggestions for which buttons to remove, and which buttons to add?

Thanks.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 am This is a friggin nightmare. I commish 6 leagues and rolled my first one over tonight. ....I'm ready to pull my hair out.

As others have mentioned, the elimination of the side menu is terrible. I know all the options are in the dropdown menu, but it's so much more confusing to find what you're looking for.

Waivers. .....Is it even possible to set them up correctly right now? My leagues run your standard weekly BB period followed by a FCFS period and I'm completely lost. In the BB setup page there's an option to designate a date to process BB waivers, but no option to set up when they start each week. I then went to the manual calendar setup page to set waivers that way, and BB and FCFS waivers aren't even an option in their list of events. They have things like Draft, no waivers allowed, no drops allowed, but no options for BB or FCFS waivers. They even have an event option labeled as "Huh?". Can someone help me out here? Are they still working on setting up the WW options?

I have a feeling I'm about done with MFL. I hate FleaFlicker with a passion, but it's starting to look better by the day. This might be my last year on MFL.
Yeah I tried setting up the waivers in our DLFS league and it doesn't seem to be an option right now. Hopefully they get another patch soon, especially when they said the new waiver system would be a lot simpler.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10