Impending Leave of Absence

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I think that Vince decided all of this LOA nonsense after he looked at his team in the Champions League he drafted and felt he better get out with his glorious resume intact... :lol:
LMFAO! :lol:

I just read this and couldnt help but wonder :roll: .....how many times has Mark won a championship on DLF? :lol:

food for thought maybe? :wink:

And the sad thing is as bad as I drafted Im still going to beat Mark in the DLF Champions league :shock:

You know better than to provide me with bulletin board material Mark :twisted:
I've been waiting almost three weeks for this response... :lol:

I have to agree though, my teams have been "paper" champions long enough!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:02 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I think that Vince decided all of this LOA nonsense after he looked at his team in the Champions League he drafted and felt he better get out with his glorious resume intact... :lol:
LMFAO! :lol:

I just read this and couldnt help but wonder :roll: .....how many times has Mark won a championship on DLF? :lol:

And the sad thing is as bad as I drafted Im still going to beat Mark in the DLF Champions league :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on now Vince, I got you in at least 2 of the 3 DLF Invitational Leagues this year that we play in together...The II will be your best chance against me... :wink:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Misfit74 wrote: LMFAO! :lol:

Come on now Vince, I got you in at least 2 of the 3 DLF Invitational Leagues this year that we play in together...The II will be your best chance against me... :wink:
Once upon a time Scotty beat me all the time in the Charter....until it came playoff time. Win when it matters man, win when it matters :lol:

With that said you are half right....DLF1 you have an overwhelming advantage on most teams (not just me) - however, I am pretty sure that among all our leagues that I will come out with as many if not more championships than you this year :D just because...you're a paper man. :lol:

The Steelers didnt win on paper...they'd be very disappointed in you :)

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:16 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:

Once upon a time Scotty beat me all the time in the Charter....until it came playoff time. Win when it matters man, win when it matters :lol:

With that said you are half right....DLF1 you have an overwhelming advantage on most teams (not just me) - however, I am pretty sure that among all our leagues that I will come out with as many if not more championships than you this year :D just because...you're a paper man. :lol:

Let me just say I'm up for the challenge... :lol:

princevincexoxo

Re:

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:04 am

Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me just say I'm up for the challenge... :lol:
I apologize to all of the members in the DLF1, DLF2, and the champions league....for the first time ever in my life I am experiencing what it is like to adjust to a real life scheduling conflicts with my job and fantasy sports. Yea, I know, some of you have been doing this for years - whatever. Some of you that have been playing with me for the past 5-6 years know that I am very thorough and precise in who to pick up, who to start, and who to pursue in trade talks...knowing this, many of you also know that because of this I generally dont like to set my line-ups until Sunday morning because of the vast array of injuries, and adjustments that are made prior to games. Unfortunately, this past weekend I was not able to access a computer Saturday night, or Sunday morning because of the schedule I was on...now I know that sounds like a lame excuse because typically you would think I would know my schedule ahead of time. However, I work for an outdoor center in CT where we have school groups come during the week and different groups like girl scouts, sports teams, social services, etc...coming during the weekends...and so I usually dont know my schedule for groups Im working with during the week until 24 hours in advance, or the day of for the weekend groups.

The easy solution would be to text someone or tell someone ahead of time, I know...however, as convenient as all of these excuses may seem where I am located in CT TMobile is the worst service to have. I dont get service until i drive 20-30 minutes out :thumbdown:. If I would have known my schedule prior I would have just set my line-up on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night and just crossed my fingers..but again I did not contemplate this predicament, and I played it too close to the vest as far as my preferences go.

The DLF leagues were not the only leagues that this happened in - in fact this happened in almost every league im in (8 - 3 were money leagues)...so whereas some people may be taking this personally, I am writing this to you all so you can know my side of the story, in opposed to making the blind judgments that many of you have been making without notifying me, or communicating with me, or even caring - thanks to those who have. I dont say any of this to disagree with my removal from some of these leagues, I understand the notion in 1 of these leagues...however, I wasnt pleased about the swiftness of these decisions, or the fact that I was just outright booted from all 3 (re-instated in 1) without any communication with me, or consideration of my activity (in one league i had just made 2 trades within a weeks time)...

Needless to say Im not disappointed that Im out of the specific leagues, Im moreso disappointed in the way everything was handled...and I think this might lead to my stepping further away from the DLF forums for a bit. For those who I made bets with regardless of outcome I will still uphold my end when the time comes, no worries. For those who want to argue with me, or engage me in personal attacks...not happening...some people here think that I like to ARGUE just to do it...but the truth is I just enjoy have educational debates, and challenging the DLF community so that our discussions and opinions as a whole become more thorough, and high quality in opposed to any thing less e.g. - yahoo, espn, or fantasy football cafe message boards...sorry if some of you take that personally, or as me being on a pedastool, or as you being inadequate, or whatever your personal issue is...its not like that, and it never was intended to be like that - though sometimes I can see where it may seem like that, and I have certainly taken my fair share of responsibility for those instances.

So, again, I apologize..Im still learning how to juggle real life with fantasy...Im only 22 guys - sheesh :lol:

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Impending Leave of Absence

Postby Pilate » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Vince,

You and I have been on this board for a long time now and know each other pretty well (message board wise). I play with you in several leagues and over the past several years, knew and enjoyed the fact that you brought your "A" game not only to the forum but to the Gridiron. In the DLF Charter League, you and I have battled it out in the SB the past two seasons and you have beat me both times. I have alot of respect for you not only as a person but as a FF player. Not because we necessarily always agree but because you backed up your BIG internet personality with results...and I applaud you for that.

What has happened the past several weeks is a head scratcher to me. In three leagues, you either did not submit lineups, did not have enough of a position to field a proper lineup due to waiver rules, or had to be reminded at the last minute to put your lineup in. I of all people understand life takes precedent over something as ridiculous as FF (in the scope of things). But simple communication with a commissioner or the league solves a multitude of sins. I work nights (6 pm - 6 am) and last week...checked the injury report prior to getting off of work at 6 am Sunday morning. When I woke at 11 am, I noticed a player that looked like he was going to play was out and I had started him. I took a second to email the commish to explain what happened even though I was crushing the other team and was well on my way to a win. Simple communication heals many wounds and unfortunately in several of the leagues we play in together, you said nothing. On top of that...it has taken you this long to respond..at least in the two leagues I co-commish with Mark in which you were removed last week.

For the personal attacks...I don't care for them. Apparently some people have taken it upon themselves to call you out publicly and in my opinion should have been handled privately. That being said, I am disappointed that I lost you as a competitor first and foremost but in the end, the health of the league is what matters most and it was decided that due to your inactivity, you be removed in the two leagues I co-commish with Mark. It was nothing personal and honestly not an easy decision.

I wish you best, I really do. I respect that for several years, you gave up your personal goals to take care of your ill mother. Often times we lose focus of what's important in life and I applaud you that you didn't. I hope your mother's health is better my friend and hope that you continue being a member of this board. You are one of the originals and a part of what makes this a great place.

Edit for spelling.
Last edited by Pilate on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Impending Leave of Absence

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Pilate wrote:Vince,

You and I have been on this board for a long time now and know each other pretty well (message board wise). I play with you in several leagues and over the past several years, knew and enjoyed the fact that you brought our "A" game not only to the forum but to the Gridiron. In the DLF Charter League, you and I have battled it out in the SB the past two seasons and you have beat me both times. I have alot of respect for you not only as a person but as a FF player. Not because we necessarily always agree but because you backed up your BIG internet personality with results...and I applaud you for that.

What has happened the past several weeks is a head scratcher to me. In three leagues, you either did not submit lineups, did not have enough of a position to field a proper lineup due to waiver rules, or had to be reminded at the last minute to put your lineup in. I of all people understand life takes precedent over something as ridiculous as FF (in the scope of things). But simple communication with a commissioner or the league solves a multitude of sins. I work nights (6 pm - 6 am) and last week...checked the injury report prior to getting off of work at 6 am Sunday morning. When I woke at 11 am, I noticed a player that looked like he was going to play was out and I had started him. I took a second to email the commish to explain what happened even though I was crushing the other team and was well on my way to a win. Simple communication heals many wounds and unfortunately in several of the leagues we play in together, you said nothing. On top of that...it has taken you this long to respond..at least in the two leagues I co-commish with Mark in which you were removed last week.

For the personal attacks...I don't care for them. Apparently some people have taken it upon themselves to call you out publicly and in my opinion should have been handled privately. That being said, I am disappointed that I lost you as a competitor first and foremost but in the end, the health of the league is what matters most and it was decided that due to your inactivity, you be removed in the two leagues I co-commish with Mark. It was nothing personal and honestly not an easy decision.

I wish you best, I really do. I respect that for several years, you gave up your personal goals to take care of your ill mother. Often times we lose focus of what's important in life and I applaud you that you didn't. I hope your mother's health is better my friend and hope that you continue being a member of this board. You are one of the originals and a part of what makes this a great place.
Well said, Nate. While I will not comment on the main subject as I wasn't involved, I will '2nd' what Nate said (underlined) and say for myself that Vince is one of just a handful or so of members that a) isn't afraid to take a unique approach to FF; b) will regularly support his arguments/debates/discussions with real facts, real-life experience, or statistics; and c) challenges those of us who enter discussion with him to explore ideas and perceptions not our own and often end up able to see things from a different perspective whether agreed with or not.

All of that I can tell you from my own experience has helped me to learn more - raise my dynasty fantasy football 'IQ', if you will. I would miss you, Vince, if you weren't around. You are one of the people that often actually feeds my hunger for deeper fantasy football intelligence and wisdom. You'll never win a 'post count' award because you write about things in depth. I'd rather have one of your posts per week than 25 of some others' around here, in all honesty. So: keep coming back! :D
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars