Obliviously only a play in 2QB leagues
and they trade Jimmy G.
Lots of maybes.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Jacoby Brissett

Postby ericanadian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:26 am

df_sarc wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am Anyone got any thoughts on Brissett?

Obliviously only a play in 2QB leagues
and they trade Jimmy G.
Lots of maybes.
Physically, he has the tools. He left Florida after being beaten out by Jeff Driskel, who was then immediately beat out by Tyler Murphy, which isn't exactly promising. I don't watch a lot of NC State, but his stats were not particularly impressive. His wonderlic score of 24 doesn't suggest a guy that's extremely adaptable and the Pats clearly limited their play-calling with him under center. If McDaniels leaves next season, I'd worry about it stunting his growth as a passer. He's worth a roster spot in deep two QB leagues, because he was drafted reasonably high and there's nothing clearly wrong with him, but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope of a solid return.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:40 am

I'm not a believer. I think he's a long shot to begin with and you will be waiting a few years for him. I think you can get better talents over that period and use that spot better.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:28 am

I think he's your classic sell high once Jimmy leaves. Everybody will think he's the heir to Tom Brady but I don't see it. He's worth rostering right now in 2 QB leagues for that reason but I wouldn't expect much production out of him once he actually sees the field.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:41 am

He did not impress me in the slightest bit in his 2 games. I'd bet a large amount of money that the Pats invest another 2nd or 3rd round pick in a QB in the next year or two if Jimmy leaves.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:10 pm

I think he's got a good arm and that's about it. I would love to see the Pats hold on to Jimmy, but if Brady does end up playing even 2 more years he's just getting wasted on the bench so the picks would be nice. I don't see anything special with Brissett. I'd sell for whatever you can get.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:13 pm

He's a good hold in 2 QB leagues, depending on how deep rosters are of course. NE will maximize ANYONE'S talent.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:12 pm

bigchiefbc wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:41 am He did not impress me in the slightest bit in his 2 games. I'd bet a large amount of money that the Pats invest another 2nd or 3rd round pick in a QB in the next year or two if Jimmy leaves.
I think the jury is still out obviously. To be fair though. In the two games that he started, he didn't play badly...especially by normal rookie standards. Plus it's pretty hard to judge a QB when the Pats played very conservative with him. I think he could end up sitting a few years behind Brady and maybe developing into an average starter down the road...however, I doubt it would be in NE.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:35 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:12 pm
bigchiefbc wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:41 am He did not impress me in the slightest bit in his 2 games. I'd bet a large amount of money that the Pats invest another 2nd or 3rd round pick in a QB in the next year or two if Jimmy leaves.
I think the jury is still out obviously. To be fair though. In the two games that he started, he didn't play badly...especially by normal rookie standards. Plus it's pretty hard to judge a QB when the Pats played very conservative with him. I think he could end up sitting a few years behind Brady and maybe developing into an average starter down the road...however, I doubt it would be in NE.
I went back and watched the "every throw by jacoby brissett" videos on NFL.com for weeks 3 and 4, and I stand by what I said. Yes it was a conservative game plan, but pretty much every throw he attempted that was more than 5 yards downfield was badly off-target. He threw a few slants and quick-outs that looked fine, but he didn't seem to have any real downfield accuracy.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:17 am

Would he have even received reps while Brady was suspended, over the summer?

I'm not saying Brissett is anything the write home about but I'd think you'd have to take any play this year with a grain of salt, and if JG is traded we'll get a better view of him during the preseason.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Worth holding onto in 2QB leagues if you have the roster space, but I doubt he ever becomes more than a backup.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:01 pm

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see both traded somehow and the pats draft another guy in the 4th.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:34 pm

I'm not gonna stash a 3rd-round picked QB for the three or four years it's gonna take before he only might get a shot to start. Unless people actually handcuff their QBs in 2QB fantasy leagues. Do they?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

df_sarc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby df_sarc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 pm

"I'm not gonna stash a 3rd-round picked QB for the three or four years it's gonna take before he only might get a shot to start. Unless people actually handcuff their QBs in 2QB fantasy leagues. Do they?"

I didn't have Brady but I picked Jimmy G on my last pick of a startup 2QB league 3 drafts ago (4 as of this year). I'm very happy I did. I picked up Brock a while ago when Manning was starting. I don't think that's going to turn out so well.

I'd certainly consider Brissett. What was Brock going for at the start of last year? can't be much lower than the rookie 1 QB. I'm sure most people would rather have Jimmy than the consensus number 1 QB this year. I know anyone can be sold high but I got these pickups for nothing. I don't know enough about Brisset but unless Tom Brady is an alien someone else is going to be QBing for New England very very soon.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 am

If you were holding Jimmy, or interested in Jimmy, then you should feel the same about Jacoby. He is worth a stash where leagues permit it. I drafted him in some deep startups last season (2QB) cause he was free.