MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

MFL

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:24 am

Does anyone know when MFL opens up for 2017?

Curious because I have trades that involve the 2018 draft picks and the league doesn't allow you to trade future picks yet since there was some turn over and new owners this year and last. I have some trades that I am not wanting to fall through so want to send them over once they become available.

Thanks!
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Re: MFL

Postby dlf_jaronf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:44 am

Our resident MFL guru, Ryan McDowell, tells me MFL is (tentatively) switching over on Wednesday 2/15

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 am

dlf_jaronf wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:44 am Our resident MFL guru, Ryan McDowell, tells me MFL is (tentatively) switching over on Wednesday 2/15
Thanks!
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

They are scheduling an upgrade and will go off line on the 13th if memory serves and will be back up by the 15th with the new 2017 homepages.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:33 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am They are scheduling an upgrade and will go off line on the 13th if memory serves and will be back up by the 15th with the new 2017 homepages.
This sounds correct. Rough couple of days with no MFL...

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 am

Going to be a pretty big upgrade for them.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:04 am

I'm cautiously excited to see the changes.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am They are scheduling an upgrade and will go off line on the 13th if memory serves and will be back up by the 15th with the new 2017 homepages.
Off line! Oh no! Whatever will we do? What will happen to us? :wink:

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 am Going to be a pretty big upgrade for them.
If that's the case, I would start to mentally prepare yourselves for a date extending beyond the 15th...just so we avoid people going off the walls again if/when it drags out... :lol:

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:49 pm

I would definitely plan on longer, things never go as planned in IT. LOL

As for the trading picks issue, all your commish has to do is modify a setting to allow trading of picks to go out an additional year and you can trade 2018 picks. Heck, you can set it to trade more then that years out. But all depends on your rules and if you just have to wait for the new season to trade those future picks.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm

If you want to be extra cautious, you might want to take a screen shot of all league rosters and draft picks. Just in case the re-boot goes really bad, you can reconstitute your league manually.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Hate to piggyback off the op's topic, but I thought it fit the topic of MFL downtime. My league is holding its startup draft on MFL right now - slow email draft. MFL plans on shutting down for a couple of days to upgrade. How bad is this going to affect the startup? Obviously we won't be able to draft while MFL is down. However, I didn't know if all the settings, draft order, and draft pick trades would automatically roll over to the new site...or if everything had to be input back in manually? Anyone have experience with this?

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:05 am

slaughterrt wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:16 pm Hate to piggyback off the op's topic, but I thought it fit the topic of MFL downtime. My league is holding its startup draft on MFL right now - slow email draft. MFL plans on shutting down for a couple of days to upgrade. How bad is this going to affect the startup? Obviously we won't be able to draft while MFL is down. However, I didn't know if all the settings, draft order, and draft pick trades would automatically roll over to the new site...or if everything had to be input back in manually? Anyone have experience with this?
I responded to your questions in the commish forum but no, you aren't supposed to draft "across seasons" so there is no way to transfer your draft from 2016 to 2017. As I suggested in the other thread you'll just need to stay on your 2016 site and not upgrade until you're done with the draft. Once completed then upgrade to 2017 and you can pull the rosters over. This is all assuming you can still draft on a 2016 site once the new season is available. I've never seen anyone do what you have done so don't really know. What you should probably do is pause your draft Sunday afternoon and print out the draft so far. That way if you have to manually recreate things you have a record. If drafting is no longer available on a historical league (which 2016 will be at that point) then you can manually set up a draft on the 2017 site, manually process any trade and then manually input the draft up until the point you stopped. I have a sinking feeling you're going to end up doing this. Would have been best to not draft until 2017 was available but you're here now so hopefully this helps and best case scenario drafts will still work on historical (2016) seasons so you can finish up.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:52 am

And we are underway. Fingers crossed she's back up and running to start rolling over leagues come Thursday. I'll set my expectation for Saturday though :)

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:49 am

dlf_jaronf wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:33 am
This sounds correct. Rough couple of days with no MFL...
Just this...the worst days of the year in fantasy
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams