Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Stefon Diggs: Time to Sell

Postby bruiser » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:03 am

This reminds me of the sell Hilton, buy Dorsett/Moncrief advice from last year.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:19 am

Bruiser wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:03 am This reminds me of the sell Hilton, buy Dorsett/Moncrief advice from last year.
It is eerily similar with a lesser QB tossing the rock...

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 am

I dont like Diggs where his current value is.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 am

Diggs is the best WR on the Vikings by a lot. If anything, he's underused in that offense and held back by so many short area attempts.

The OP thinks he's overvalued in ADP, but didn't explain any football reasons as to why that is.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 am Diggs is the best WR on the Vikings by a lot. If anything, he's underused in that offense and held back by so many short area attempts.

The OP thinks he's overvalued in ADP, but didn't explain any football reasons as to why that is.
Can you explain your side of the argument with football reasoning please? I tried a few posts ago but ended up liking Thielen more than Diggs at the current ADP and ADOT and usage.

EDIT: OP did use some football reasoning, stating "84 catches for 903 and three touchdowns last year when he played every game. He looked like the 3rd option behind Thielan and Rudolph and there are still a lot Treadwell believers out there. Neither Bradford or Bridgewater looks like like more than a checkdown QB to this point."

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 am

I'm selling.

Yes, there is a LOT to like about Diggs.

On the other hand, there are legitimate questions about how his his floor is and even more legitimate questions about how high is ceiling is. I would LOVE to have Diggs on my team. But, if I can get #23ADP value for him (heck, if I could get #30ADP value for him), I'm selling. At that price point, I prefer higher floors and higher ceilings than Diggs (that's a philosophical approach).
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:42 am

jaykay22 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 am
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:24 pm Couldn't disagree more. Easily the Vikings best WR yesterday, today, and for the next several years. Is just getting started.
Agree 100%. He's a stud and there's no real reason to sell unless you end up with great value falling in your lap by someone who's unreasonably high on Diggs.

The Diggs situation reminds me a bit of the Landry situation with how the dynasty community has "treated" both. "Landry's volume is not sustainable in the long run, his average depth of target is uninspiring, they will have a new offense under Gase and Devante Parker will take over as the #1 in 2016!"...and then 2016 comes around and nope! Landry is STILL the man in Miami. :nono:

"Diggs' QB situation isn't very inspiring between both QB's, it's Minnesota and AP will get fed a whole lot after all, Diggs is really a 5/60/0 every game guy who doesn't have great speed and first round pick Treadwell is gonna take over and lead the Vikings' offense in 2016!"...and then 2016 comes around and nope! Diggs is STILL the man in MN. :nono:

If you are drafting Diggs to be you WR1 or WR2, you're reaching.
If you are drafting Diggs to be your WR3 or WR4, your draft pick will be worth it.

Funny you mention Landry as the 'blueprint for success.' Landry is a few spots behind Diggs in ADP.

At #23 ADP, he's being drafted as a strong WR2, not 3/4, so I guess you agree with me that he's a sell?

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:43 am

I didn't check the final #'s but through like week 10-11 Diggs was WR1 overall when not listed on the injury report. I think at the time it was like 6 games healthy vs 4 on the injury report. Someone tweeted out the numbers last week (Levitan I believe cause he was doing it all season), but I can't remember his final PPG.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:16 am

IBall2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 am Diggs is the best WR on the Vikings by a lot. If anything, he's underused in that offense and held back by so many short area attempts.

Can you explain your side of the argument with football reasoning please? I tried a few posts ago but ended up liking Thielen more than Diggs at the current ADP and ADOT and usage.

EDIT: OP did use some football reasoning, stating "84 catches for 903 and three touchdowns last year when he played every game. He looked like the 3rd option behind Thielan and Rudolph and there are still a lot Treadwell believers out there. Neither Bradford or Bridgewater looks like like more than a checkdown QB to this point."
For one, Diggs didn't play in every game; he missed three. He also led the Vikings in targets per game at 8.6. So, the majority of the OP's reasoning is already down the drain.

Diggs is one of the best route runners and separation players in the NFL. He has reliable hands, exceptional straight line speed to win down field, and elite speed in and out of his breaks. He is incredibly advanced for a second year receiver, and has the technical nuances of his position polished with room to still get better.

Adam Thielen looked pretty good too, but there's no way anyone should sell Diggs because of him or Rudolph.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:16 am
IBall2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am

For one, Diggs didn't play in every game; he missed three. He also led the Vikings in targets per game at 8.6. So, the majority of the OP's reasoning is already down the drain.

Diggs is one of the best route runners and separation players in the NFL. He has reliable hands, exceptional straight line speed to win down field, and elite speed in and out of his breaks. He is incredibly advanced for a second year receiver, and has the technical nuances of his position polished with room to still get better.

Adam Thielen looked pretty good too, but there's no way anyone should sell Diggs because of him or Rudolph.
That's more like it! I do agree with your reasoning, I hope he can put together a healthy season so we can see how he really stacks up with the rest of the WRs.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:42 am

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm I was looking at DLFs 2017 ADP and was pretty surprised that Diggs was the number 23 overall player (#16 WR). What has he shown you guys to make him worth that spot?

84 catches for 903 and three touchdowns last year when he played every game. He looked like the 3rd option behind Thielan and Rudolph and there are still a lot Treadwell believers out there. Neither Bradford or Bridgewater looks like like more than a checkdown QB to this point.

I think it's a lot more likely that Diggs' value drops to Marvin Jones territory than improves his lofty #23 overall ADP position. Time to sell!
Have you watched him play? Just curious.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:05 am

As far as Diggs being the "check down guy", every pass bradford throws is a checkdown. He literally doesn't throw down the field. Obviosuly that's not good for Diggs now, but he has shown he can stretch the field when given the opportunity. He has a nice floor right now and has no where to go up IMO.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:58 am

Bruiser wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:03 am This reminds me of the sell Hilton, buy Dorsett/Moncrief advice from last year.
I hear you, but this is a little different. Thielen was the superior WR statistically, and Rudolph certainly was a top 2 option in the pass game every week.

With Indy, it was PURE speculation that some thought Crief would be the #1
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm

He had injuries in college and now has missed 3 games per year in his first 2 seasons that's something that knocks him down for me.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm He had injuries in college and now has missed 3 games per year in his first 2 seasons that's something that knocks him down for me.
His injuries in college were a broken leg and something with a kidney.

He missed 3 games his rookie season because of coach's decision.

This is what we call manufactured pessimism.