Dez get's his...

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Dez get's his...

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Remember this?

Dez Bryant has refused to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads at Cowboys camp.

Rookies carrying veterans' pads is a popular training camp ritual, but Bryant is having none of it. "I'm not doing it," he said. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads. ... I'm saying that out of no disrespect to (anyone)." Roy Williams indicated that he was displeased with Bryant's refusal to take part in the hazing. We like him even more for it.
Rotoworld

Revenge!

The bill came due for Dez Bryant's refusal to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads in training camp, and the rookie was stuck with the Cowboys' tab at a local steakhouse Monday night.
Williams got his revenge to the tune of a whopping $54,896 tab at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Bryant invited the offensive players out, and Williams told the defense to come along as well. In a scene out of Richard Pryor classic Brewter's Millions, players ordered everything on the menu and went on to take home bottles of wine. "They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."
Rotoworld

:lol:

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Re: Dez get's his...

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Most Expensive set of shoulder pads in the history of the NFL and the civilized world. :mrgreen:

Wow.

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Dizzam...I bet he wish he carried those pads now..Lol
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

Tanton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tanton » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 am

I hate this kind of stuff. I don't care if it is tradition...that is stupid. What a waste of money.

I actually drafted Dez Bryant this year over a few people because I loved that he refused to carry the pads. I just think the whole thing is childish.
10 Team - Start 2 QB, 2 RB, FLEX, 2 WR, TE, K, D/ST - NONPPR

QB | C.Newton, R.Wilson, J.Locker
RB | C.J.Spiller, L.Miller, A.Ellington, S.Vereen, D.Wilson, M.Ingram, C.Michael, M.Lattimore
WR| C.Johnson, D.Bryant, J.Jones, R.Randle, D.Hopkins, J.Hunter
TE | J.Graham

Copper State Drakes

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Tanton wrote:I hate this kind of stuff. I don't care if it is tradition...that is stupid. What a waste of money.

I actually drafted Dez Bryant this year over a few people because I loved that he refused to carry the pads. I just think the whole thing is childish.

Well.. I´d rather pay 50 grants(while earning millions anyway..) than having to do what some rookies had to do here with my youth football team I played on. Coming back from an away game, on a bus stop ome fellas tied them up naked and they had to go to McDonalds and order something.. :lol:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Tanton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tanton » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:32 pm

BradyT wrote:Well.. I´d rather pay 50 grants(while earning millions anyway..) than having to do what some rookies had to do here with my youth football team I played on. Coming back from an away game, on a bus stop ome fellas tied them up naked and they had to go to McDonalds and order something.. :lol:
Exactly my point! I think hazing in general is a bad idea. I'd rather no one have to do it!

RB | C.J.Spiller, L.Miller, A.Ellington, S.Vereen, D.Wilson, M.Ingram, C.Michael, M.Lattimore
TE | J.Graham

Copper State Drakes

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 pm

I played Hockey for 10 years, until guys on the team started hazing other players, I was the Captain of the team, and when I caught 3 of my defense-men shoving a rubber down a freshman's throat, I reported it to the coach, the principle, and the police. "Boys will be Boys" was their response. That's the day I quit hockey and started making friends who didn't need to express dominance over other people to have self-worth. Hazing is nothing more than bullying, enacted by scarred little kids who never grew up.

Dez will get the last laugh when Williams is a washed up has-been and Dez is a Pro-Bowler, in 3 years, MAX.

Tanton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tanton » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:29 pm

WarriorPoet wrote:I played Hockey for 10 years, until guys on the team started hazing other players, I was the Captain of the team, and when I caught 3 of my defense-men shoving a rubber down a freshman's throat, I reported it to the coach, the principle, and the police. "Boys will be Boys" was their response. That's the day I quit hockey and started making friends who didn't need to express dominance over other people to have self-worth. Hazing is nothing more than bullying, enacted by scarred little kids who never grew up.
Great example and explanation. Even if the types of hazing you shared don't go on in the NFL, I think the idea/example of NFL hazing trickles down to the high school/college players and they add their own young and immature flavor to it - which is dangerous.
Dez will get the last laugh when Williams is a washed up has-been and Dez is a Pro-Bowler, in 3 years, MAX
I was thinking the same thing! Williams is laughing now, but when he loses his starting job to the kid by season's end he won't be laughing too much.

TE | J.Graham

Copper State Drakes