Trade Value Chart

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ruffians27
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Trade Value Chart

Postby Ruffians27 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:20 am There's no such thing as an accurate trade value chart, or calculator, etc. Flat out. It doesn't exist.

There are numerous reasons why, but just 2 big ones to focus on:

1. Value & price is very league-dependent (is it IDP? 10-team, 12-team, 16-team? PPR? Bonuses? 1st down bonuses? Pts per rush at all?) as far as scoring, league size, and lineup requirements. Especially in IDP leagues but even in offense only leagues. It's also very team specific. Are you a contender missing a strong RB corps? Rebuilder with some stud QBs and nothing else? A team with 6 WR1s but you can only start 2 each week?

2. This is even simpler: we can't gauge dynasty value enough to try and quantify it. We have dynasty rankings, sure. Those mean nothing, for the most part. I use them, but just as a point of reference to look back on or while I draft. Other than that, rankings and charts are only good for entertainment. Think of a trade value chart after the first week or 2 of the 2016 season: Ajayi would be somewhere between Chris Thompson & James Starks. Christine Michael & Spencer Ware would be some of the hottest RB commodities.

I'm more of an IDP geek, and I can't begin to tell you what an overhaul this season did to every IDP player's linebacker rankings. It was a total wipeout & restart.

So you'd have to update a trade chart daily, include variables for league size, roster size, lineup requirements, league scoring & setup, etc. Oh gosh, and what about salary caps... And FINALLY, after all that, you still can't quantify someone's personal team needs, a specific league's likelihood of trading, that one owner in every league who will never trade away a TE or QB unless he gets overpaid, etc.

Ok, so what are the key things to look at when trying to evaluate a trade offer to make sure its reasonably fair and your not insulting another league member? I apologize, I'm new to all this and trying to learn as much as I can.
10 Team 24 Roster Spots ( 27 in Offseason) Standard Scoring other than 5pts for QB TD. 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex, 1d. Keep all, drop 3 at end of year for 3 round rookie draft.

QB: P. Mahomes, J. Hurts
RB: J. Mixon, D. Swift, D. Montgomery, J. Gibbs, J. Wilson, K. Herbert, I. Spiller, R. White, D.Achane
WR: S. Diggs , C. Kupp , J. Chase, D.K. Metcalf, B. Cooks, R. Bateman, C. Olave, A. Lazard, J. Mingo
TE: TJ Hockenson, Dawson Knox, Sam Laporta
DEF: Buffalo Bills
2024:1,2

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 am
weeknee wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:35 am The guy hasn't even played a snap yet! If he was really going to be a top 4 wr, was is he not going 1st?
:doh:
I forgot to turn on the sarcasm font
I was trying to do that for you with my response but I guess it didn't work...
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Yes. Valhalla and abajaba's posts were both ripe with sarcasm. You may wish to download the detection app for your future forum visits. :wink:
weeknee wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:02 pm Was this sarcasm?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Ruffians27 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:20 am There's no such thing as an accurate trade value chart, or calculator, etc. Flat out. It doesn't exist.

1. Value & price is very league-dependent (is it IDP? 10-team, 12-team, 16-team? PPR? Bonuses? 1st down bonuses? Pts per rush at all?) as far as scoring, league size, and lineup requirements. Especially in IDP leagues but even in offense only leagues. It's also very team specific. Are you a contender missing a strong RB corps? Rebuilder with some stud QBs and nothing else? A team with 6 WR1s but you can only start 2 each week?

2. This is even simpler: we can't gauge dynasty value enough to try and quantify it. We have dynasty rankings, sure. Those mean nothing, for the most part. I use them, but just as a point of reference to look back on or while I draft. Other than that, rankings and charts are only good for entertainment. Think of a trade value chart after the first week or 2 of the 2016 season: Ajayi would be somewhere between Chris Thompson & James Starks. Christine Michael & Spencer Ware would be some of the hottest RB commodities.

I'm more of an IDP geek, and I can't begin to tell you what an overhaul this season did to every IDP player's linebacker rankings. It was a total wipeout & restart.

So you'd have to update a trade chart daily, include variables for league size, roster size, lineup requirements, league scoring & setup, etc. Oh gosh, and what about salary caps... And FINALLY, after all that, you still can't quantify someone's personal team needs, a specific league's likelihood of trading, that one owner in every league who will never trade away a TE or QB unless he gets overpaid, etc.

Ok, so what are the key things to look at when trying to evaluate a trade offer to make sure its reasonably fair and your not insulting another league member? I apologize, I'm new to all this and trying to learn as much as I can.
Getting knee deep in these forums is a great start honestly. These are the people that make up the dynasty community. Post trade offers with a poll to get a feel for how people view them
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:26 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 pm
Ruffians27 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 am

Getting knee deep in these forums is a great start honestly. These are the people that make up the dynasty community. Post trade offers with a poll to get a feel for how people view them
Agree. Pay attention to this forum and read as many topics/articles as you can. Back when I created my account in Nov. I was only curious about what dynasty was.. Now I feel like I've been playing for years because of all the different situations different people run into.
Great community of guys on here!
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo