Am i over valuing Michael Thomas?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
GMCLionsfan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Am i over valuing Michael Thomas?

Postby GMCLionsfan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:08 pm

For team 2 in Sig.

I was asked what i want for Thomas and i said make an offer.

So i got an offer of give Thomas get Lockett which was an easy decline for me.

Then pops up i give Thomas and get Lockett and Hogan. Another easy decline.

Then, i give Thomas, my 1st (probably late 7-10ish),and my 3rd so i can get a 1st he owns(3-5ish) to which i asked why anything would be added to my side here, and got because the podcasts they listen to say Thomas is worth the 1.4 to 1.6 pick in 2017 and was wondering if i noticed the pick i was offered was earlier.... I disagree with that, and thought this was a poor offer and to make something a little better. They said we'll have to disagree so i decided to come here to make sure i wasn't over valuing my own player.

Here are the offers a little easier to read:

Give: Thomas
Get: Lockett

Give: Thomas
Get: Lockett Hogan

Give: Thomas, 1st, 3rd
Get: Mid 1st (3-5ish)

So, DLF crew should i of accepted any of those? Am i over valuing my own guy?
Team 1: 10TM Year 9 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, ppr.

QB: JAllen, Wentz, Baker, Winston

RB: CMC, Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, Akers, Pollard, Singletary, Rhomndre, Ollison.

WR: Adams, Evans, Keenan, Arob, EMoore, Hardman, Edwards, Marquez C, Nico, Dez Fitz.

TE: Kittle, Andrews, LoganThomas, Ertz, Everett, Albert O, Granson, Grey.

Picks. 1,1,2,3,4,5.

Team#2: 12 TM SF. 1Qb, 2RB, 3WR. 1TE, 1FX, 1SF.
FULL REBUILD :crazy:

QB: Wentz, Baker, ZWilson, Ehlinger, Mariota, Book.

RB: Mckissic, Ollison, Cohen, Ty Johnson, Dev and Royce Freeman, JJTaylor, Hill, XJones, Funk, Huntley, Rose, Sargent.

WR: Juju, DMoore, EMoore, Hollywood, Ruggs, Reagor, Gage, Marquez Callaway, Mims, Palmer, Washington, Scotty, Tyron Johnson.

TE: Troutman, Alie-Cox, Herndon, Conklin, Granson, Long, Mckitty, Bates.

Picks:
2022- 1,1,2,2,2,2,4,5.
2023- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,5.

Cleats
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Am i over valuing Michael Thomas?

Postby Cleats » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm

First offer is bad. (Not a Lockett fan)
Second isn't much better.
Third is just your typical lowball "let me tell you why you should do this trade" offer.

Thomas was a mid round 1st last pick in all of my leagues last year, no reason he should be worth less now. There is no upside to any of these deals for you.

You two will have to continue to disagree because there's no way i'd be looking to further negotiations here.

You adding the 3rd let alone the 1st is priceless!

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:46 am

I wouldn't consider any of those offers. Not knowing anything about your league, it is hard to give advice.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:33 am

All these offers suck. Thomas has vastly outperformed expectations. He will be a 3rd round start up pick next year easily. If you really want to move him the early 1st is all I'd take from that dude.
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:58 am

I just traded Marshall/DGB for Thomas in one of my leagues and I'm very happy with it and think it's pretty fair value. I value Thomas as a early-mid 1st, and Marshall as back end 1st/early 2nd, and DGB as a mid to late 2nd.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Dynasty Diehard
Starter
Starter

Postby Dynasty Diehard » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:01 am

GMCLionsfan wrote:Then, i give Thomas, my 1st (probably late 7-10ish),and my 3rd so i can get a 1st he owns(3-5ish) to which i asked why anything would be added to my side here, and got because the podcasts they listen to say Thomas is worth the 1.4 to 1.6 pick in 2017 and was wondering if i noticed the pick i was offered was earlier.
So let me get this straight. The guy said that Thomas is worth somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6 in 2017. He offers you his pick, which is between 1.3 and 1.5. 2 of the possible outcomes of that pick are in the exact same range of where he values Thomas (1.4 and 1.5). He basically said his pick and Thomas are even. So why tf does he ask you to add a 1st and a 3rd to your side?
10-team PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF, 1 K
2014: 6-6-1, missed playoffs
2015: 12-3, League Champion
2016: 14-1, League Champion
2017: 11-4, Runner Up
2018: 9-5, 4th place
2018: 6-3

QB - Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz
RB - Alvin Kamara, Josh Jacobs, Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR - Tyreek Hill, Odell Beckham Jr., Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, Corey Davis, James Washington, Tre'Quan Smith, Auden Tate, DaeSean Hamilton, Allen Lazard, Jakobi Meyers, Alex Erickson, Russell Gage
TE - Darren Waller, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki
DEF - Vikings
K - Justin Tucker

2020 Picks - 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7
2021 Picks - 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:21 am

Awful all around. Thomas is easily the best WR from the 2016 rookie class. I wouldn't trade him for anything short of a high first +. He is exactly what you want to draft with those picks.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Postby dynastysports » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:44 am

Cleats wrote:First offer is bad. (Not a Lockett fan)
Second isn't much better.
Third is just your typical lowball "let me tell you why you should do this trade" offer.

Thomas was a mid round 1st last pick in all of my leagues last year, no reason he should be worth less now. There is no upside to any of these deals for you.

You two will have to continue to disagree because there's no way i'd be looking to further negotiations here.

You adding the 3rd let alone the 1st is priceless!
This exactly.

GMCLionsfan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GMCLionsfan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:16 am

Dynasty Diehard wrote:
GMCLionsfan wrote:Then, i give Thomas, my 1st (probably late 7-10ish),and my 3rd so i can get a 1st he owns(3-5ish) to which i asked why anything would be added to my side here, and got because the podcasts they listen to say Thomas is worth the 1.4 to 1.6 pick in 2017 and was wondering if i noticed the pick i was offered was earlier.
So let me get this straight. The guy said that Thomas is worth somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6 in 2017. He offers you his pick, which is between 1.3 and 1.5. 2 of the possible outcomes of that pick are in the exact same range of where he values Thomas (1.4 and 1.5). He basically said his pick and Thomas are even. So why tf does he ask you to add a 1st and a 3rd to your side?

Im not sure what the thought process is either. I mean i see these kind of low ball offers often in league 2 and 3( same group of guys for the most part) with an explanation on why my player is losing value and why i should do the trade. When i come back with reasonable counters talks stop haha. I joined both this year and only know 1 guy in them, so i get it. I was pretty sure my valuation was correct but thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.
Team 1: 10TM Year 9 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, ppr.

QB: JAllen, Wentz, Baker, Winston

RB: CMC, Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, Akers, Pollard, Singletary, Rhomndre, Ollison.

WR: Adams, Evans, Keenan, Arob, EMoore, Hardman, Edwards, Marquez C, Nico, Dez Fitz.

TE: Kittle, Andrews, LoganThomas, Ertz, Everett, Albert O, Granson, Grey.

Picks. 1,1,2,3,4,5.

Team#2: 12 TM SF. 1Qb, 2RB, 3WR. 1TE, 1FX, 1SF.
FULL REBUILD :crazy:

QB: Wentz, Baker, ZWilson, Ehlinger, Mariota, Book.

RB: Mckissic, Ollison, Cohen, Ty Johnson, Dev and Royce Freeman, JJTaylor, Hill, XJones, Funk, Huntley, Rose, Sargent.

WR: Juju, DMoore, EMoore, Hollywood, Ruggs, Reagor, Gage, Marquez Callaway, Mims, Palmer, Washington, Scotty, Tyron Johnson.

TE: Troutman, Alie-Cox, Herndon, Conklin, Granson, Long, Mckitty, Bates.

Picks:
2022- 1,1,2,2,2,2,4,5.
2023- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,5.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:18 am

They all suck

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:30 am

Honestly I would tell the guy if he's not going to make a reasonable offer then stop wasting your time. Those are all completely ridiculous.

danb22
Starter
Starter

Postby danb22 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 am

All 3 are terrible. Michael Thomas has been awesome so far. As an owner myself, future looks good for the kid. I'm holding unless I get blown away from a haul.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:00 am

Hope you show your leagemate this thread. All three trades are abysmally low, but my guess is he knows that and is just trying to talk you into a bad trade
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:07 pm

I recently just gave Thomas & D.Adams up for a 2-5 range 2017 1st. I definitely love what Thomas has done so far. But I traded Forte after wk2 for him, so I got him for free imo. I could end up with a 1st rd talent WR or solid RB vs. a booming 2nd round talent with a QB on the way out, in addition with other viable options.

BUT as a former owner: It's tough to sell Thomas for a 1st because as we all know not many of the 1st is a valid argument, because not all the 1st are producing. But if your in a league that trading for an RB is difficult these 17' picks will be even harder to obtain. I need RBs bad so I'm all in on this draft class.

Thomas & your 3rd for his 1st is a fair deal imo. I believe right now Thomas would be 1.2 in a rookie draft, that's an argument that can't be disputed by this owner. But next years draft is really overhyped by podcasts because it allows them to sound credible. Honestly not many podcasts were putting down this draft class until after it was over & they realized half of the picks had no path to playing time like D.Henry, Carroo, Hunter, Treadwell, Doctson ect. Maybe a few podcasts mention Fuller dropped passes.

Yeah I would offer Thomas & your 3rd at most. If he wants more then it's best not to bother. Because your giving up a 1/2 yrs worth of Thomas production. He asked you for Thomas he clearly likes what he sees. He should be willing to accept a fair deal and overpay if he likes the guy. It sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you in every offer.

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Recently acquiring Thomas I am slightly biased, however, the saints have historically thrived with WRs built similarly to him (e.g. colston). It would not surprise me if Thomas continued to earn a larger role (as a safety blanket and potential future red zone threat) similar to how we are used to seeing TE's used in saints scheme. The saints never usually have an All-pro WR due to how often they spread it, but the WRs are going to be good esp for TDs. so as cooks and thomas compliment each other, i think he only has significant upside from here. Unless the return pick is quite high in '17 and you dont give up anything else, i wouldn't consider many offers until the experiment plays out.
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , Dimes
RB: Waiver Wire
WR: Puka , Waddle , Godwin , Pickens, Wan'dale, Dotson, E.Moore, Wicks, Bateman, Mims, Doubs, Hyatt
TE: Njoku , Mayer, Dulcich, Woods
D/ST: Waiver Wire

Picks : 2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 5 firsts