Problems with chat?

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Problems with chat?

Postby blacksheep » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:07 am

Has anyone else had problems with the chat room? I haven't been able to get into it for the past couple days. Keep getting the message "Chat loading...."

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Problems with chat?

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:36 am

Just checked, it worked where I'm at. Can you try a different browser? Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Just tested it and got in on Firefox, Chrome, and Opera all at the same time.
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Didn't load for me either.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 pm

highballers wrote:Has anyone else had problems with the chat room? I haven't been able to get into it for the past couple days. Keep getting the message "Chat loading...."

Same here. not loading

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Looks like its an Internet Explorer issue. I'll look into it, get 'er fixed. Thanks for reporting it folks!

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 am

Spent a good number of hours on this one, and with the very kind assistance of the developer of the plugin we're using. It looks like it's in the CSS code somewhere. Sadly that just means I have tons of hit and miss shots at what might be causing it to hang. This may take a while. But it's not like the Chat was getting a ton of use anyway... :(

Definitely only affecting IE though.

Have I even mentioned to you all what a vastly superior browser Mozilla Firefox is over Internet Explorer? :wink:

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am

dlf_kenm wrote:Spent a good number of hours on this one, and with the very kind assistance of the developer of the plugin we're using. It looks like it's in the CSS code somewhere. Sadly that just means I have tons of hit and miss shots at what might be causing it to hang. This may take a while. But it's not like the Chat was getting a ton of use anyway... :(

Definitely only affecting IE though.

Have I even mentioned to you all what a vastly superior browser Mozilla Firefox is over Internet Explorer? :wink:
Thanks for working on it, as I think a lot of us should use the chat feature more once we get closer to the season, and hopefully have some scheduled chats as well.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 pm

After spending more time than really should have been devoted to this task, I've finally punted, and reverted back to the old school forum which was not embedded within the framework of the site. This avoids the css issues which were causing problems with IE. Not quite as pretty, but in the end, more functional, and hey, it works in IE to boot.

So Stay Chatty, My Friends!