Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Zeke- domestic violence, possibly facing lengthy suspens

Postby Friction » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:22 pm

This will be good. Zeke is a fun player to debate. Those will hate him (don't roster) will really cut him down. While those who like him (roster) will defend him like he is their significant other, or at least a close family member. Time to grab the popcorn.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:28 pm

_yeti wrote:This has all the ringings of the NFL trying to show the public they do their due diligence and are super tough on domestic violence. Sounds like a PR effort from the NFL's standpoint and a "haters wanna hate" moment for non-Zeke fantasy owners.
There is a possible scenario here where all this is exactly true, and Zeke still gets a 6-game ban resulting from this PR agenda. Are you considering that, as a Zeke owner? You should be.

If this is all really just about PR, then a vague report about 'ongoing investigation' only a fraction of the public ever hears about because no ban ever actually comes from it won't actually do much for that agenda. Only an actual ban would generate the headlines necessary to achieve the desired PR effect.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:32 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
_yeti wrote:This has all the ringings of the NFL trying to show the public they do their due diligence and are super tough on domestic violence. Sounds like a PR effort from the NFL's standpoint and a "haters wanna hate" moment for non-Zeke fantasy owners.
There is a possible scenario here where all this is exactly true, and Zeke still gets a 6-game ban due resulting from this PR agenda. Are you considering that, as a Zeke owner? You should be.

If this is all really just about PR, then a vague rumor/report only a small fraction of people ever see/hear won't do much for that agenda. Only an actual ban would come to the attention of the mainstream public, and thus achieve the desired PR boost.
This. The NFL may still suspend him despite no charges being brought.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:45 pm

After the Josh Brown fiasco, it is going to be tougher to sweep minor incidents under the rug. Not speculating on this one until more facts come out, but it is not a good thing that it is resurfacing. PR or not.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:29 pm

If he gets suspended with no evidence he'll appeal it and it'll get reduced to like 2 games or something

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:18 pm

I read an article that this case would put the league's new policy on domestic violence to the test because Zeke is a star on a marquee franchise. I actually think that may work against him because of the mess the league created recently by bumbling Josh Brown's case. Ratings for the league are down and one factor in that may very well be women. For the past several years, women have been the fastest growing demographic for the league. The league's handling of past cases of domestic violence may be turning women away from watching. My guess is the league is waking up to this possibility and thus the scrutiny now being directed towards Zeke.

Pork Sword
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Pork Sword » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Whole lot of nothing in those articles. I agree the nfl is just covering their assessment. Unless more/new evidence comes out, nothing to see here

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:
ninotoreS wrote:
There is a possible scenario here where all this is exactly true, and Zeke still gets a 6-game ban due resulting from this PR agenda. Are you considering that, as a Zeke owner? You should be.

If this is all really just about PR, then a vague rumor/report only a small fraction of people ever see/hear won't do much for that agenda. Only an actual ban would come to the attention of the mainstream public, and thus achieve the desired PR boost.
This. The NFL may still suspend him despite no charges being brought.
Not PR in the sense of "look at me, feel good about us" PR.

When I say show they are doing their due diligence I mean they are showing the public, "hey we take this very seriously, even through he was not charged we are doing an independent investigation because we care and because that's what you have demanded." It's putting on a nice face for the public while having as little going on behind the curtain as possible. Same way they deal with concussions
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm

I guess a "haters" moment when people care about domestic violence. Good one.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:36 pm

broncohead wrote:
Scanning your rosters for Zeke...

Yup, don't see him so you must be a hater. What domestic violence is it that you are referring to? The one where his ex-girlfriend told police they were together and lived together even though neither was true, and also said he assaulted her in front of 3 witnesses in a car? Where Zeke and all witnesses say that didn't happen, which police did not find was credible or there was enough probable cause for a charge let alone a conviction? That alleged domestic violence?

Do you also want to crackdown on Zeke murdering people? Cause that totally could have happened too, you don't know, you weren't there. I for one would like to see the NFL take a strong anti-murder stance. Ray Carruth, Aaron Hernandez, OJ.. there is certainly a trend of NFL players thinking they can get away with murder. We better preemptively suspend Zeke to show this is an issue the NFL is taking seriously.

Glancing through your posts you have practically been driving the anti-Zeke train for some time now! So what's the deal, the fact that the "he hasn't played an NFL snap yet" critiques got shut down by his play frustrated you so much that you decide to double down and get excited about potential phantom suspensions? My advice would be find a new player to hate because Zeke is good enough that it will probably just give you years of frustration.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Pork Sword
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Pork Sword » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:22 pm

_yeti wrote:
broncohead wrote:

Yup, don't see him so you must be a hater. What domestic violence is it that you are referring to? The one where his ex-girlfriend told police they were together and lived together even though neither was true, and also said he assaulted her in front of 3 witnesses in a car? Where Zeke and all witnesses say that didn't happen, which police did not find was credible or there was enough probable cause for a charge let alone a conviction? That alleged domestic violence?

Do you also want to crackdown on Zeke murdering people? Cause that totally could have happened too, you don't know, you weren't there. I for one would like to see the NFL take a strong anti-murder stance. Ray Carruth, Aaron Hernandez, OJ.. there is certainly a trend of NFL players thinking they can get away with murder. We better preemptively suspend Zeke to show this is an issue the NFL is taking seriously.

Glancing through your posts you have practically been driving the anti-Zeke train for some time now! So what's the deal, the fact that the "he hasn't played an NFL snap yet" critiques got shut down by his play frustrated you so much that you decide to double down and get excited about potential phantom suspensions? My advice would be find a new player to hate because Zeke is good enough that it will probably just give you years of frustration.
Lol

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Pork Sword wrote:Whole lot of nothing in those articles. I agree the nfl is just covering their assessment. Unless more/new evidence comes out, nothing to see here
Just fluff articles with click-bait titles that certain people have somehow fallen for.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:18 pm

_yeti wrote:
broncohead wrote:

Anti-Zeke train? I don't think so. I've only stated that his perceived value was too much to pass up on. I have never mentioned anything about him not being talented. Nice twist.

Haha and you go to murder? Good overreaction

I don't own Zeke so I must be a hater? No not a hater just a realist. I'm not calling him guilty or innocent but you sound like you could care less if its even true. Please don't beet your wife tonight because of this
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Remember about a year and a half ago when multiple "sources" were hyping up an incriminating video from a Wal-Mart parking lot that was supposed to spell doom for Dez? How'd that turn out?

Of course every situation is unique and it's always possible that something comes of this, but IMO it's more than likely this situation ends the same way as the Dez video situation did.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:41 pm

"Probably" is a strong word. I think the reports are more to be understood as "if the NFL finds something actionable in their investigation, Zeke will be suspended." Whether there's anything to actually suspend him for is what the investigation is there to find out. The NFL has a different set of standards.

We know through released texts that the alleged victim asked a friend to tell police she saw what happened (seemingly, it's not crystal clear that was her intent), when she wasn't there. That, however, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You don't have to be an angel to be a victim of domestic violence. But, unless there is something self-incriminating to be found in texts, then a suspension would seem unlikely. We're too far removed from the situation and there are no witnesses to testify against Zeke.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.