Kendall Wright... Is he re-emerging?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Purple Pride
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Kendall Wright... Is he re-emerging?

Postby Purple Pride » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:15 am

I had him for the longest time on my roster, then dropped him to start this year. As he started this mini upward trend I grabbed him back.

What are all of your thoughts on him now? Why all of a sudden is he starting to get more attention and more game time?
12 Team,PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1PK, 1DT+DE, 1LB, 1CB+S, 1DEF Size: 25 players (29 offseason), 4 Taxi, 2 IR
QB: G Minshew, T Bridgewater, J Stidham
RB: J White, D Johnson T. Coleman, P Barber, K Ballage, M Brown, R Anderson, J.K, Dobbins [TS], D Swift [TS]
WR: O Beckham, A.J Brown, K Allen, T Hilton, M Williams, C Samuel, A Miller, P Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, A Lazard
TE: R Gronkowski, D Waller, M Gesicki, B Jarwin
PK: M Prater DE: D Hunter LB: J Schobert S: H Smith DEF: Ravens Draft Picks 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4
2017 League Champions; 2018, 2016 Third Place

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Kendall Wright... Is he re-emerging?

Postby zuzaque » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:46 am

He's always had the talent, it was staying healthy that was his biggest issue. They don't have anybody that can stretch the field like Wright can.

That being said, it's TEN, so don't expect him to be a consistent weekly starter.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Wright had a big game two weeks ago but did nothing last week as he seems to be slowly trending in right direction. Tennessee is a run first, defensive minded team. Lets not confuse Mariota with Brees, Brady, Rogers, etc. ALL wr from Tennessee will be inconsistent and really, no one would want to depend on starting them in a meaningful match up. Like all other Titans WRs, Wright is a victim of circumstance. He will not be a high volume ppr guy as they wont throw a ton there. He will be / they all will be td dependent - thus subject to big weeks and bust weeks. I have always been a fan of his ability ever since scouting him when he was at Baylor. The kid can ball, he does have the talent, isn't old, his contract is up after this year and nearly ANYWHERE ELSE that he may go would be an improvement. so...... I say yes, he is re-emerging. I thought this prior to his two weeks ago return to relevancy. He does just need to stay healthy to be a weekly wr3 or wr4.

I was offered a trade for him and turned it down without much thought. Then the guy says that Wright is on waivers in some of his other leagues so he wasn't sure how I valued him. Meanwhile, this is in a 16 team league with moderately deep rosters of 25 with some IR and TS... I was like; "what the?" I'm not saying he is a sure fire stud wr2... But I am sure and the F%^& saying that he doesn't belong on waivers in a 16 team deep rostered league... Unreal. This is Dynasty after all... and we need to look at players like this with big picture thinking. This is what I was offered. First it was Dwayne Washington back in Sept. I wasn't interested then and politely declined, then a few weeks go by and it was Dwayne Washington, Jarvious Allen, and a mid to late 2017 3rd for My K. Wright and my 2017 2nd (which projects to be a very early 2nd.) hmmm?

So, yes, his contract up in Tennessee, he is young, has shown ability to play the game at the NFL level. I'm not competing this year anyway in the league I own him so.... It makes sense to exercise some patience in my case.

So..... Last night - Tennessee Titans WR Kendall Wright had four catches for 84 yards and one touchdown in the Titans’ 36-22 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. He had a down week last week and had a very nice week two weeks ago. I'm pretty dang sure that people could do worse with their roster spots.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Agree with what everyone posted above. Very talented, good route runner, good hands, YAC ability, and attacks the ball aggressively in the air. I've picked him up in all my leagues and actually started him this week vs Jags (I know a little ballsy). For me he's almost like a draft pick because I doubt he resigns in Tennessee, he's young, and if he goes to Atlanta, Baltimore, San Diego, NE or essentially anywhere besides Tennessee he sees a dramatic uptick in value. He could honestly become an extremely solid WR3 in the right situation so for me grab him where you can.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:26 pm

JFever wrote: Then the guy says that Wright is on waivers in some of his other leagues so he wasn't sure how I valued him. Meanwhile, this is in a 16 team league with moderately deep rosters of 25 with some IR and TS... I was like; "what the?" I'm not saying he is a sure fire stud wr2... But I am sure and the F%^& saying that he doesn't belong on waivers in a 16 team deep rostered league... Unreal. This is Dynasty after all... and we need to look at players like this with big picture thinking.
I don't mind calling myself out, as it was me you talked to in this situation.... but you either misunderstood what I said or are leaving important context out here. I had sent you one offer, and then just straight up asked what you wanted for him and said I wasn't sure what to offer because he had hit the waiver wire in two of my other leagues recently. I never said he belonged on the WW in our 16x25 sized league. I had just said he was a polarizing player whose price tagged had ranged from free off the WW to some owners still holding out for a 2nd, so I was curious to see which end of the spectrum you were on (BTW, I had offered you TY Montgomery for Wright, you rejected, and then you countered with my Dwayne Washington for Kendall the week after Abdullah went down). Only reason I said anything is because this is the second or third time I have seen you post about this, but all good.

Anyways, I liked Wright as buy-low or free pick up and stash off the WW mostly because he's been a forgotten man due to injuries/bad situation. His contract is up at the end of this season, so really any other situation would be an upgrade but even staying in TN may not be terrible if he stays healthy and Mariota continues to develop. There aren't many other options, and I think the Sharpe hype wont end up being justified.

Kendall Wright and Cordarrelle Patterson are two of my favorite upcoming stashes if you can get them for free or nearly free.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Wright is a good slot receiver, but he's dealt with a lot of injuries over the past two seasons and a ton of terrible QB play in Tennessee over his five years. He's still the Titans best receiver, but Mularkey probably figures that playing him in a rotational role will keep him healthier. Just by watching the past three weeks, it's clear that Wright adds a different dimension than the rest of their receivers. He can win inside and outside, and even though he's not a burner, he's still quick and crafty enough to win deep.

No WR in Tennessee's offense is worth a start though. Ironically, they haven't had a WR worth a start since Wright in 2013. He is one of those players who could see a sneaky bump in production depending on his free agency. I can't immediately think of any teams who need a quality slot receiver though.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:Wright is a good slot receiver... He can win inside and outside, and even though he's not a burner, he's still quick and crafty enough to win deep... I can't immediately think of any teams who need a quality slot receiver though.
Not trying to call you out as I respect you and your posts, but this illustrates the question pretty well - is he a slot receiver or more of a #2 because of his size limitations?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:47 am

Shcritters wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:Wright is a good slot receiver... He can win inside and outside, and even though he's not a burner, he's still quick and crafty enough to win deep... I can't immediately think of any teams who need a quality slot receiver though.
Not trying to call you out as I respect you and your posts, but this illustrates the question pretty well - is he a slot receiver or more of a #2 because of his size limitations?
I think he's interchangeable as a #2/#3 on a team, depending on what the defense is giving you.

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:54 pm

He's re-emerging in the sense that his owners are now looking to sell him!
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 am

I'd hold onto him, because you never know where he'll land in FA. Any situation
Is better but some are optimal like NE or DET. If Ten. Decides to throw more he's their best reciever. But the run game looks awesome & Walker eats up limited productiom. I was never on the Tajae train. If he can stay healthy he & build chemistry with Mariota then all signs are pointing to up.