Blake Bortles

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Blake Bortles

Postby jomaed » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:08 am

Can we officially name Blake Bortles the worst best fantasy QB ever?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Blake Bortles

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:51 am

he is ryan fitzpatrick , the less the game means the better he is , the ultimate penny ante poker player!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:59 am

I guess Chad Henne is the only thing in the way of a seat on the bench for the guy. Looks like the have a rookie on the bench, maybe just put him in and see what happens it can't get much worse.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:32 am

He did just as well as aaron Rodgers did last week, the stat sheet is almost identical.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 am

nathanq42 wrote:He did just as well as aaron Rodgers did last week, the stat sheet is almost identical.
The game tape isn't

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:52 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
nathanq42 wrote:He did just as well as aaron Rodgers did last week, the stat sheet is almost identical.
The game tape isn't
Very well put. I know line play is a big issue (the right tackle play and left guard play last night was particularly horrible), but Bortles looks completely lost back there. Constantly throwing off his back foot, really funky arm motion, always looking yippy. He'd made strides last year, although he still was messy, but his confidence looks completely shot. Mentally it looks like he's not playing to win, he's playing to make it to Monday.

Thing is, I really don't see Jacksonville replacing him in the short term, or even taking another QB in the upcoming draft. They're not really in a playoff hunt, so I'd be making coaching changes and see if you can get him to minimize his clear technical flaws.

But that's real football. In fake football, he's still clearly startable. He might end up being like Cutler - never gonna make the Jags a winner, but will win you more than a few weeks in 2QB or Superflex leagues.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:03 am

Got him as my backup with Mariota on the WW. So this was a tough one to watch. But those garbage time tds get you points. We're just going to have to accept the fact that despite being a terrible qb, He has flashes that for fantasy purposes are valuable.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:36 am

This guy might be worse than Brock Osweiler. Jeeeeez louiiiiiiise

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:52 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts.....

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:52 am

JAC fires the OC and replaces him with the position coach directly responsible for Bortle's 'development'.......classic..... :wall:

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Could be that he knows the good side of Bortles better and can cater the offense to support him. OC could be disconnected and do what he wants. Who knows. I wouldn't say just because he couldn't fix mechanical issues that it can't be an improvement. They are two different types of jobs.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:34 pm

FiremanEd wrote:Could be that he knows the good side of Bortles better and can cater the offense to support him. OC could be disconnected and do what he wants. Who knows. I wouldn't say just because he couldn't fix mechanical issues that it can't be an improvement. They are two different types of jobs.
Obviously two different types of jobs....but both the OC and position coach were in place last year when Bortles was 'good', 'progressing', 'on the rise', etc.....so yeah, if the new OC does nothing but run the ball, that would play to Bortles' strengths... :lol:

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:55 pm

The only guy in my sig that I've lost faith in. Has mechanically regressed and hysterically under-performed with a bevy of talent around him on offense.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 pm

As garbage as he has been, I was pursuing some of the player stats in one of my SF leagues and noticed he is the QB8, 12th highest scoring player. I have not payed much attention to the Jag's or him this season, but I have noticed the amount of "hate" he has thrown his way, as far as him being an NFL QB. How does the community feel about him fantasy wise going forward? He puts up good FF numbers, but some of the stuff I have read has been questioning his future with the Jag's.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 pm

I wouldn't invest in a QB that is not a good QB but posts decent fantasy numbers sometimes.

Why? He's bound to be replaced.