Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Good news for Ajayi owners!

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:I don't care what the matchup was or what the situation is, if you have a RB in an unsettled backfield go off for 200+ yards....You feed him the ball the following week.
Pretty much this.
Foster wasn't tearing it up exactly and Ajayi bulldozed that win on his own for a previously hapless team...
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:I don't care what the matchup was or what the situation is, if you have a RB in an unsettled backfield go off for 200+ yards....You feed him the ball the following week.
Unless you don't wake up and show up late to practice (Jonas Gray).

But to you're point I agree. Things are still in flux but for now this should be Ajayi's backfield.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

JBurn244
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JBurn244 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Is Foster approaching droppable at this point? I might have even asked before Ajayi went off, but now? Sheesh, feels like the definition of a roster-clogger. I'm not a contender and I have Demarco, Ware, T. West, James White, Riddick who are all startable at this point. Foster just feels like a wasted spot at this point...no trade value whatsoever.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:24 pm

snitchinsider wrote:Ajayi's problem is not and has never been talent. The line in Miami has been bad.
It's wrong to put it all on the O-line. Ajayi's struggles with running advanced backfield routes are all his own fault. His poor ball-security early in the year, too. Though in that regard I specifically noticed he was extra careful to cover up on interior runs in this game, so I guess he's responded to coaching there.
JBurn244 wrote:Is Foster approaching droppable at this point? I might have even asked before Ajayi went off, but now? Sheesh, feels like the definition of a roster-clogger. I'm not a contender and I have Demarco, Ware, T. West, James White, Riddick who are all startable at this point. Foster just feels like a wasted spot at this point...no trade value whatsoever.
If you're not a contender, Foster has never been worth rostering.

But I still don't think he belongs on waivers, either. Is the Ajayi owner contending? It's still probably worth it to pair Ajayi with Foster. Can you sell Foster to that guy for anything at all? like a 2019 3rd or 2017 4th or something? Maybe some sort of marginal pick-swap (e.g. you give your 2017 4th and Foster and he gives his 2017 3rd, etc)?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 pm

C'mon Coog, take a victory lap!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Phaded wrote:
1standgoal wrote:SEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
You mean he isn't going to get 200 yards a week?
heh
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:00 pm

I'd love to talk some smack for supporting Ajayi in threads but...I still didn't play him this week; leaving Gordon and Miller in instead of Forte and Ajayi. Oh well, maybe next week.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:41 pm

saw061600 wrote:I'd love to talk some smack for supporting Ajayi in threads but...I still didn't play him this week; leaving Gordon and Miller in instead of Forte and Ajayi. Oh well, maybe next week.
Right there with you. I haven't been an Ajayi truther, but I have been higher on him than many. Before last season I even stated that I had Ajayi as my 2nd ranked RB in the '15 class. Obviously I'm happy to see Ajayi going off like he is and become only the 4th RB in NFL history to have back to back 200 yard games, but just like you, his 423 total yards and 3 TDs over the past two weeks have been sitting on my bench. :wall:
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:01 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:
saw061600 wrote:I'd love to talk some smack for supporting Ajayi in threads but...I still didn't play him this week; leaving Gordon and Miller in instead of Forte and Ajayi. Oh well, maybe next week.
Right there with you. I haven't been an Ajayi truther, but I have been higher on him than many. Before last season I even stated that I had Ajayi as my 2nd ranked RB in the '15 class. Obviously I'm happy to see Ajayi going off like he is and become only the 4th RB in NFL history to have back to back 200 yard games, but just like you, his 423 total yards and 3 TDs over the past two weeks have been sitting on my bench. :wall:
I'm there with you guys. Went with CMike and The Blunt over Ajayi. My bench looked nice with him and Forte though.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:22 pm

He's already far exceeded my expectations; but I'll be curious to see how he does moving forward.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Went with Ajayi this week along side gordon with zeke on bye. My wrs and other byes still killed me likely leading to my 1st loss of the year but if Ajayi can keep this up a 3 headed monster at rb could propel me to a title
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Phaded wrote:He's already far exceeded my expectations; but I'll be curious to see how he does moving forward.
I think literally every person on the planet with any interest in American football is curious about Ajayi now that he's become only the fourth player in NFL history to have back to back 200 yard rushing games. And two of the other three dudes are in the Hall, and the third would have been if not for clinical depression and social anxiety disorder (love you, Ricky, always will).
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:39 pm

That sig tho
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

Mastershake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mastershake » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:39 pm

I just got offered Todd Gurley straight up for Ajayi. Thoughts?
14 team TE premium dynasty league - 0.2 PPR - (50% bonus for TE in PPR and Yards)
Start 1 QB, 1 TE, 5 RB/WR/TE (Max 3 RB)

QB: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Bradford

RB: LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley

WR: Odell Beckham Jr., DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, John Brown, Devante Parker, DeSean Jackson, Zay Jones, Chris Godwin

TE: Jordan Reed, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Ruldoph, David Njoku, Rico Gathers

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Mastershake wrote:I just got offered Todd Gurley straight up for Ajayi. Thoughts?
You can't be serious. I love riding this Ajayi wave, but even if Ajayi keeps ripping 200-yard games, you went from a guy you couldn't get a 2nd for to Gurley in 2 weeks.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...