Mike Evans - The Dislike Is Real for this Perennial WR1 - Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Mike Evans

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:32 pm

jimmycricket14 wrote:Something to think about: Evans has 0 competition for targets right now. I remember similar conversations about Hopkins last year around this time when he was putting up monstrous weekly numbers with an insane amount of targets every week. Evan's situation is very similar right now, especially with Doug Martin and Simms both injured. He basically is the entire offense. Now that Fuller has arrived to eat into Hopkins's targets people there isn't a whole lot of talk of him being a tier 1 WR. I like Evan's long term situation and measurables better than Hopkins but the buc's are bound to add a WR2 next year to play opposite Evan's which could cause a similar cooling off in production. For that reason I would not trade OBJ for Evans and probably wouldn't quite put him in tier 1 just yet
Detroit never added to Megatron. But I guess that's because Megatron regularly beat triple coverage with his size. Evans is basically the same size as Megatron, if Evans works on his hands he can be pretty darn close.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm

I still would like to see much more chemistry between Jameis and Mike .. Mike makes it looks so easy though, like he'll catch 4 passes and before you know it he's already over a 100 yards and a score

Julio is just down right scary and can utterly destroy you .. he really makes guys look like high schoolers out there.. I'd ride Julio until he retires where I have him, the man is a beast.
@PlankMelody

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:50 pm

I'd have no issue with people having Evans #1 overall, and I have him 2nd behind OBJ. Sure, the team will eventually add more weapons, but the difference between Evans and Hopkins is Evans has better physical tools and a much better QB situation long term.

For this year, he is on pace for a record number of targets and has a cake playoff schedule. Is it even a short term upgrade to move him for Brown or Julio?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:27 pm

I've said it before and I'll repeat - Evans is not as far off from OBJ as those around here would have you believe.

He is in the top tier of dynasty WRs.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:44 pm

My tier 1 is Evans/Cooper/OBJ/Arob/Antonio Brown.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Jason3123 wrote:My tier 1 is Evans/Cooper/OBJ/Arob/Antonio Brown.
I agree with all except Arob. But to each their own. (I have him in tier 2)
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:00 pm

jimmycricket14 wrote:Something to think about: Evans has 0 competition for targets right now. I remember similar conversations about Hopkins last year around this time when he was putting up monstrous weekly numbers with an insane amount of targets every week. Evan's situation is very similar right now, especially with Doug Martin and Simms both injured. He basically is the entire offense. Now that Fuller has arrived to eat into Hopkins's targets people there isn't a whole lot of talk of him being a tier 1 WR. I like Evan's long term situation and measurables better than Hopkins but the buc's are bound to add a WR2 next year to play opposite Evan's which could cause a similar cooling off in production. For that reason I would not trade OBJ for Evans and probably wouldn't quite put him in tier 1 just yet
And Sterling Shepard could eat into OBJ's targets, and we've already seen a preview of that this season. Ultimately, no team is going to rely on 1 WR to do everything. Playing the target game with WR's will just have you running in circles.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm

nathanq42 wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:My tier 1 is Evans/Cooper/OBJ/Arob/Antonio Brown.
I agree with all except Arob. But to each their own. (I have him in tier 2)
He would be my last choice of the 5 but I'd prefer him to any of the RB's, Cooks, Green, Julio/other top 10-12 players.

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ppm » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:38 pm

I've stuck with Evans as my #2 WR since before last year, though I would move a few older guys ahead of him in some roster situations.
Last edited by ppm on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:54 pm

I find it odd that AJ is considered so significantly below julio. Comparing the 2 they are 2 spots apart in points so far (full ppr), and 6 points apart. Each had beaten the other 3 times so far this year. They are less than a year apart in age and have been playing just as long. I consider aj up in that same tier as julio, obj, and brown, . I would consider Evans, Amari, and would probably throw Arob and nuk in a 2nd tier together and would personally take Amari as the top of that tier I'd forced to choose
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mike Evans Top Dynasty Asset?

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:01 pm

He's a physical monster who beats double teams with seeming ease. He's been extremely consistent and an elite scorer this year. He has a young QB with elite potential that targets him constantly. I just looked and the DLF rankings have him at #5 and Oct ADP has him at #4.

Now I own him in both of my leagues so I'm probably a little bias.. But I was talking about some trades earlier today and as I was talking to another owner I realized that I would not accept a trade of OBJ for Evans.

My question is am I crazy for valuing Evans more than OBJ? They are different types of WR's but I think Evan's upside is just as high and his situation is way better. Evans has at least earned a spot on that top tier and I can see an argument for him to be at the top of that tier..
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Mike Evans Top Dynasty Asset?

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:13 pm

I like the big WRs like Julio, Evans, Dez, ajg, nuk, Megatron, arob, etc. So I'll take Evans over obj if he keeps this up. I dont think youre crazy but I can see why people would still have obj as #1.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 pm

There's been a pretty decent discussion about this on a thread a little lower down the page.

FYI:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131725

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Yeah I agree for the most part. If the OBJ owner came to me and offered a 1-1 swap, I'd have a rough time not accepting but Evans' start this year combined with OBJ's mental stuff (which isn't a HUGE deal but it does factor in) probably would make me hold off.

Right now, I don't think I would trade Evans for AB, Cooper, Julio, ARob, or Nuk, unless a piece was added on like a first or maybe a 2nd, in the cases of Julio & OBJ
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:43 pm

It's close between him and odell for me with coop coming in as a close third.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud