Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Ezekiel Elliott may not be worth the price

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 am

Dookmariot wrote:So far, so good...

Have to say, I'm shocked at how well Dallas is doing overall. And while I'm the first guy to mock Jerry, heavy doses of Zeke DOES seem to be helping the D.
The only thing is I dont know if any human body can handle the work load jerry gives zeke (one game under twenty carries, yikes)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

dlf_jules wrote:
broncohead wrote:Even if Zeke has a good career he was already towards the top end of his value before touching the field thats where my issue is. If he isn't a year in year out RB1 than those who paid the 3 1sts paid too much.
That's true of almost any high end player. And they didn't pay too much if they get one season of RB1 production and then cash out next year for a profit (or just break even).
Every high end player has substance on the NFL field. Zeke didn't. Thats what I'm getting at :)
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:24 pm

nathanq42 wrote:

Have to say, I'm shocked at how well Dallas is doing overall. And while I'm the first guy to mock Jerry, heavy doses of Zeke DOES seem to be helping the D.
The only thing is I dont know if any human body can handle the work load jerry gives zeke (one game under twenty carries, yikes)
See, this is a common thought about RB workload that I don't completely buy into. Nowadays do we not see many RBs churn out 300+ carry seasons because it's unlikely that the human body can hold up to that kind of workload, or do we not see it because the NFL game has changed to a passing league that employs multiple RBs for specific roles in many instances?

We don't have to go back 50 years or anything like that, just look at how RBs were used throughout the 90s and into the early 00s. 300 carries was no big deal for RBs at the time, and if you look at the career stats for the top RBs from that era you find plenty of RBs that received 320-350 carries per season for 5-7 years straight. I think people worry about a high RB workload in 2016 because it's uncommon, but I believe history shows that's it is sustainable for more than a year or two at a time for upper echelon RBs.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:43 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:
nathanq42 wrote:

See, this is a common thought about RB workload that I don't completely buy into. Nowadays do we not see many RBs churn out 300+ carry seasons because it's unlikely that the human body can hold up to that kind of workload, or do we not see it because the NFL game has changed to a passing league that employs multiple RBs for specific roles in many instances?

We don't have to go back 50 years or anything like that, just look at how RBs were used throughout the 90s and into the early 00s. 300 carries was no big deal for RBs at the time, and if you look at the career stats for the top RBs from that era you find plenty of RBs that received 320-350 carries per season for 5-7 years straight. I think people worry about a high RB workload in 2016 because it's uncommon, but I believe history shows that's it is sustainable for more than a year or two at a time for upper echelon RBs.
Very true, but at the same time, guys are bigger, faster and stronger than before, which results in more violent collisions. That's a factor as well in the longevity of that position. DL aren't big fat guys anymore, they are now as fast as RB's but the size of a horse.

slacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby slacker » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Gave John Brown, Dorsett, Reed, Carr, and 2017 first that will likely be in the 1.10 - 1.12 range for Zeke and Rivers. Right now I am ecstatic about that price. Gave up zero starters and got a (for the moment) top RB.
12 team PPR, 22 Roster, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, K, DEF
Rivers, Eli
Watkins, Evans, Keenan, Hopkins, Pryor, R. Matthews, Marshall, P. Richardson, CPatt
McCoy, Zeke, Rawls, Ware
Gronk, Njoku, Butt, Everette, Higbee

DonJulio
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DonJulio » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 pm

slacker wrote:Gave John Brown, Dorsett, Reed, Carr, and 2017 first that will likely be in the 1.10 - 1.12 range for Zeke and Rivers. Right now I am ecstatic about that price. Gave up zero starters and got a (for the moment) top RB.
Take your pick on Carr/Rivers and that's a cheap price. I would pay that any day.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:01 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:There was no way he could live up to his price this offseason and it was baffling how some ppl were annointing him their #1 RB. I mean, I guess I get it b/c I think he'll be good. But I also think he's more Ryan Matthews (when healthy) than he is AP.
I like this one.

I have so many side bets with Zeke and I'm winning them all, including the one I made on these forums noted in my sig. I even turned down Allen Robinson for Zeke straight up prior to the season starting, and I was called "crazy" by everyone.

Who's crazy now? Go Zeke, go!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:14 pm

MEuRaH wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:There was no way he could live up to his price this offseason and it was baffling how some ppl were annointing him their #1 RB. I mean, I guess I get it b/c I think he'll be good. But I also think he's more Ryan Matthews (when healthy) than he is AP.
I like this one.

I have so many side bets with Zeke and I'm winning them all, including the one I made on these forums noted in my sig. I even turned down Allen Robinson for Zeke straight up prior to the season starting, and I was called "crazy" by everyone.

Who's crazy now? Go Zeke, go!
For every Zeke there is a Trich type bust. You just so happens to hit this time
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Yep, it definitely seems like he's worth the price now

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:31 pm

I was one of the biggest Zeke truthers out there and I sold him because I got a really good offer - but even I didn't expect him to 700+ yards in 6 games.

I'm still happy with what I got but not as ecstatic as I was especially with my struggles at RB.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Unfortunately, there's still no real gain in value, because Elliott's price already took into part the absolute best case scenario. That's why buying him was so risky to begin with, if you didn't earn the 1.01 the hard way.

I didn't think he would be doing this so soon, but I was a firm believer that he'd be a good RB.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:Unfortunately, there's still no real gain in value, because Elliott's price already took into part the absolute best case scenario. That's why buying him was so risky to begin with, if you didn't earn the 1.01 the hard way.

I didn't think he would be doing this so soon, but I was a firm believer that he'd be a good RB.
Agreed. Unless it was earned or acquired cheap than everyone bought a player close to their peak value.
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:06 am

broncohead wrote:For every Zeke there is a Trich type bust. You just so happens to hit this time
I'm a former RB coach. I predicted TRich would suck and CJA would be the best back in Denver prior to their playing days.

Zeke has great vision, low center of gravity, and runs with purpose. He's also an extremely smart player who can pickup blitzes, allowing him to stay on the field for 3rd downs which is crucial to fantasy production for RBs in this day and age.

This wasn't luck. I know RBs.

As good as I am at RBs, I'm equally terrible at WR. God damnit do I suck at WR. So it all evens out.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:48 am

MEuRaH wrote:
broncohead wrote:For every Zeke there is a Trich type bust. You just so happens to hit this time
I'm a former RB coach. I predicted TRich would suck and CJA would be the best back in Denver prior to their playing days.

Zeke has great vision, low center of gravity, and runs with purpose. He's also an extremely smart player who can pickup blitzes, allowing him to stay on the field for 3rd downs which is crucial to fantasy production for RBs in this day and age.

As good as I am at RBs, I'm equally terrible at WR. God damnit do I suck at WR. So it all evens out.
Alright RB coach, what's ur take on Fournette/Dalvin/McCaffrey?
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 am

KCLep20 wrote:
MEuRaH wrote:

Alright RB coach, what's ur take on Fournette/Dalvin/McCaffrey?
Is Chubb no longer in this conversation? (I dont follow college football much.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06