Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ezekiel Elliott may not be worth the price

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:59 pm

nathanq42 wrote:
Phaded wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:He looked good against a porous D tonight.
The Bears D isn't good - but they are more middle of the pack statistically at this point than bottom of the barrel. Zeke did do substantially better against them than Lamar Miller or the Eagles run game did.

I thought he looked pretty good tonight; he is starting to run more decisively but he is still learning it appears and needs to start trusting his o-line, which will come with time.
I thought he looked really good in the first half, kind of fell off for me in the second half though
With all fairness - in the second half; they were playing with a sizable league and the playcalling got insanely predictable even to me sitting on my couch.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Phaded wrote:
nathanq42 wrote: I thought he looked really good in the first half, kind of fell off for me in the second half though
With all fairness - in the second half; they were playing with a sizable league and the playcalling got insanely predictable even to me sitting on my couch.
True, I just thought he was finding and hitting the holes much better in the first half than the second
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:00 pm

Phaded wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:He looked good against a porous D tonight.
The Bears D isn't good - but they are more middle of the pack statistically at this point than bottom of the barrel. Zeke did do substantially better against them than Lamar Miller or the Eagles run game did.

I thought he looked pretty good tonight; he is starting to run more decisively but he is still learning it appears and needs to start trusting his o-line, which will come with time.
Miller doesn't have the Dallas OL
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:22 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:There was no way he could live up to his price this offseason and it was baffling how some ppl were annointing him their #1 RB. I mean, I guess I get it b/c I think he'll be good. But I also think he's more Ryan Matthews (when healthy) than he is AP.
This 100%. People had him over Gurley and DJ in dynasty and even redraft!!!! It was crazy. Like I said all off season. I think he'll be very good. Just like I think Melvin Gordon will be very good. But don't put them in the conversation with Gurley.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:37 am

TomBobAnderson wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:There was no way he could live up to his price this offseason and it was baffling how some ppl were annointing him their #1 RB. I mean, I guess I get it b/c I think he'll be good. But I also think he's more Ryan Matthews (when healthy) than he is AP.
This 100%. People had him over Gurley and DJ in dynasty and even redraft!!!! It was crazy. Like I said all off season. I think he'll be very good. Just like I think Melvin Gordon will be very good. But don't put them in the conversation with Gurley.
"Even redraft"? Gurley is a long term asset for those that believe in him; Zeke being above Gurley in redraft makes "more sense" in redraft than dynasty. I can still see it in dynasty to be honest; although I will never acquire top RBs at their price so it doesn't really matter to me how the consensus values top RBs. I avoid them.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:02 am

The incredible prices paid for Elliot were always going to be hard to live up to. However, it is hard to be disappointed by a rookie who is tied for 2nd in the league in rushing thru 3 games (DAL giving the gimme TDs to other backs and Dak last night was disappointing from a fantasy perspective) and 3rd in rushes. The more important thing is that Zeke has looked better in each game showing better cuts, more patience, and decisiveness.

Arkived
Starter
Starter

Postby Arkived » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:08 am

theone wrote:The incredible prices paid for Elliot were always going to be hard to live up to. However, it is hard to be disappointed by a rookie who is tied for 2nd in the league in rushing thru 3 games (DAL giving the gimme TDs to other backs and Dak last night was disappointing from a fantasy perspective) and 3rd in rushes. The more important thing is that Zeke has looked better in each game showing better cuts, more patience, and decisiveness.

Agreed. Most players never "live up" to their trade value. The reason behind that, a majority of the time, is because people are giving up their entire team for one player. There isn't a single player in fantasy football worth the haul that these blockbuster rookies and studs end up receiving. That's not at all to insinuate that they aren't very good and productive (hopefully). But a lot of these trades end up with one team giving up way too many pieces to get one in return. It's hard to justify a trade like that for ANYONE.

Zeke has looked better and better. He easily could have had 2-3 TDs on top of his rushing production last week. Dallas has showed, without a doubt, that they are going to feed him the ball. It would be great if his passing game stats would increase, but 20+ carries and a chance at multiple TDs a game is exactly what you want out of your RB. He's having a better season than Gurley, rushing wise, all ready.
Hitting the Wrong Hole - 8 team 1 pt PPR, .25 per carry Dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 1 DL/LB, 4 DB)
QB - Brady, Bortles, Dalton
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Thomas Rawls, Derrick Henry, C.J. Prosise, Paul Perkins, DeAndre Washington, Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, Davante Parker, Laquon Treadwell
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Travis Kelce
DL: Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Danielle Hunter, Khalil Mack, Jabaal Sheard, Frank Clark
LB: Lavonte David, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, NaVarro Bowman, Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Myles Jack, Jatavis Brown, Zach Orr, Devondre Campbell
DB: Morgan Burnett, Harrison Smith, Jonathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Kenny Vaccaro, Clayton Geathers, Karl Joseph
Taxi: Paxton Lynch

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:56 pm

So - I'm not going to go out and say Zeke was worth the price those were paying.

However, he has indeed looked better with each week that passes.

Zeke now leads the league in rushing yards with 412 yards through the first 4 weeks.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Phaded wrote:So - I'm not going to go out and say Zeke was worth the price those were paying.

Zeke now leads the league in rushing yards with 412 yards through the first 4 weeks.
Yep, Zeke is really good, though that shouldn't be a surprise. The prices were/are too ridiculous to pay for a rookie. But for those that did, at least you're getting immediate RB1 production right now and you could still cash out for what you paid.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Phaded wrote:So - I'm not going to go out and say Zeke was worth the price those were paying.

Yep, Zeke is really good, though that shouldn't be a surprise. The prices were/are too ridiculous to pay for a rookie. But for those that did, at least you're getting immediate RB1 production right now and you could still cash out for what you paid.
He's a very good back in an excellent situation. I still would have cashed out if I had the 1.01, but I think there should have been very little doubt he was going to be a fantasy difference maker right out of the gate. The only guy who is going to stop him being great his him.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:01 pm

Even if Zeke has a good career he was already towards the top end of his value before touching the field thats where my issue is. If he isn't a year in year out RB1 than those who paid the 3 1sts paid too much.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:49 am

I acquired him post draft for White, Henry, and Oz. I'm very happy with that deal, and I think I came out ahead.

He's taken time to warm up but he's looking good.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:59 am

broncohead wrote:Even if Zeke has a good career he was already towards the top end of his value before touching the field thats where my issue is. If he isn't a year in year out RB1 than those who paid the 3 1sts paid too much.
That's true of almost any high end player. And they didn't pay too much if they get one season of RB1 production and then cash out next year for a profit (or just break even).
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

CAMVP
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CAMVP » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:49 am

Yeah, Price I paid was crazy high!!! I traded Tre Mason before his rookie season for a 2016 1st to the number 1 team in the league that year!! He bottomed out and it turned into the first pick lol, Sometimes it's better to be lucky..... :lol:
2016 League Champion
PPR SCL 75 yrs, 260k, 26 roster spots, 4 Taxi
Format 1QB 2RB 3WR 1RB/WR/TE Flex 1 Superflex 1TE 1D/ST
QBS-T. Bridgewater 5yrs/2.5k B. Roethlisberger 2yrs/20k, Tua 5yrs/10k, A.Smith 1yr/3k, J. Garoppolo 3yrs/8k
RBs- N.Chubb 3yrs/14k, K. Drake 1yr/19k, A.Peterson 1yr/7k, I. Smith 2yrs/1k, P. Lindsay 2yrs/10k
WRs- A.Thielen 6yrs/48k, T. Lockett 5yrs/13k, C. Sutton 2 yrs/5k W.Fuller 5yrs/19k, J. Gordon 1yr/1k, KJ. Hamler 4yrs/1k, DJax 1yr/6k, D. Johnson 3yrs/1k, H.Renfrow 4yrs/1k, M.Williams 2yrs/10k
TEs- OJ.Howard 5yrs/5k W.Dissly 1yr/4k, G.Everett 1yr/5k, D.Goedert 2yrs/5k
Def- Saints
Taxi - Rodney Anderson, R. Burkhead, E. St. Brown
2020 Draft - 2nd, 4th, 4th and 5th

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 am

So far, so good...

Have to say, I'm shocked at how well Dallas is doing overall. And while I'm the first guy to mock Jerry, heavy doses of Zeke DOES seem to be helping the D.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks