Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Allen Robinson owners

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm

TheSpidersFromMars wrote:Maybe he ends up on a team where the guy on the other side of the field is just as good and he's not peppered with targets the whole game.
He was on a team last year where the WR opposite him had 1000 yards and 10 tds.

TheSpidersFromMars wrote: Maybe the Jags D will be elite next year and they have no need to throw the ball around the way they do.
He had 150 targets last year, which is on par with other top-end WR's.

If my memory serves me correct, Terrell Owens wasn't the most beautiful catcher of the football or whatever it is you're talking about... but that didn't prevent him from being a beast. We all understand where you're coming from, the problem is your conclusions don't seem grounded in reality.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Thats not really what im debating. Kinesthetic sense is a real thing. He has it with his body, but not as much with his arms and hands. He'd be a lousy tennis player.
Last edited by TheSpidersFromMars on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:43 pm

TheSpidersFromMars wrote:Thats not really what im debating.
Yet you're the one who brought it up...

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
TheSpidersFromMars wrote:Thats not really what im debating.
Yet you're the one who brought it up...
iirc someone made a post that had me defend my opinion that he wasnt elite.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Allen Robinson... What is he exactly?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Where do you see him as a talent? Is he closer to Dez in his prime, or more of a high-end WR2 with WR1 upside? Do y'all see him as a better pure WR than Evans, Nuk, AJG, etc?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Allen Robinson... What is he exactly?

Postby heydangle » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:29 pm

he's good

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:30 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote:Where do you see him as a talent? Is he closer to Dez in his prime, or more of a high-end WR2 with WR1 upside? Do y'all see him as a better pure WR than Evans, Nuk, AJG, etc?
I think he's closer to the higher end of that spectrum (Dez in his prime). I see him as an equally pure WR talent as Evans and Nuk, with AJG being more talented than all of them (I truly think AJG is a cyborg in the Julio mold).

ARob will continue to suffer from having Bortles as his QB, Bradley as his HC, and just ultimately being on the Jags. And by suffer I mean he'll continuously end up putting up points while going up and pulling down crappy Bortles throws while playing from behind.

I made the decision to draft Cooper #5 overall ahead of him in my team 2 dynasty startup a few months ago and I'd make the same choice again today.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:06 am

Not a hot start through 4 games, but the same can be said with Julio (before this week's explosion). Bortles still trusts him in the redzone and Robinson has made some fantastic catches....I will say, the game in London was the first I watched of JAX this year and the amount of penalties he is experiencing is atrocious.

Instead of having big gains and plays, it just turns into a holding or PI penalty, pretty ridiculous that numerous teams have covered him this way. From the game yesterday he created great separation in the endzone yet, had a few plays that I think he should have caught; I can't say I'm worried about him. With all these holding and PI penalties, he's been doing something correctly.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:33 am

Robinson's first 30 games in the league:

149 receptions
2,186 receiving yards
19 touchdowns

That's pretty high level production and still room to get better. He's a high level WR, with elite upside when he hits his prime.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:29 am

Cameron Giles wrote:Robinson's first 30 games in the league:

149 receptions
2,186 receiving yards
19 touchdowns

That's pretty high level production and still room to get better. He's a high level WR, with elite upside when he hits his prime.
By then he will be another "old" and aging 26 year old WR going for 2nd round start-up value, why bother with a consistent young stud when the 2019 class will be loaded. :roll:
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:42 am

He's a great WR on a terrible football team that will either earn himself a payday in a new city, or see a regime change in 2017 when Shad Khan gets tired of Gus Bradley's losing. Either way, he'll get to learn a new offense. He'll also be working with a new QB; in 2017 if he goes to another team, or 2018 if he stays with the Jags and they decline to pick up Bortle's team option.

At that point, he'll still only be 25 years old and have plenty of good football ahead of him. I'd love to have him on my team.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:39 pm

StoneyBrown wrote:Not a hot start through 4 games, but the same can be said with Julio (before this week's explosion). Bortles still trusts him in the redzone and Robinson has made some fantastic catches....I will say, the game in London was the first I watched of JAX this year and the amount of penalties he is experiencing is atrocious.

Instead of having big gains and plays, it just turns into a holding or PI penalty, pretty ridiculous that numerous teams have covered him this way. From the game yesterday he created great separation in the endzone yet, had a few plays that I think he should have caught; I can't say I'm worried about him. With all these holding and PI penalties, he's been doing something correctly.
This, so much. He's been getting absolutely mugged this season. Some flags are called, but plenty aren't. The Jags complained about it to the league in week 1 against GB. I've still seen plenty of it since then, including last week. There's a lot of yards (and touchdowns) he's left on the field already from PIs. Would be nice if fantasy gave you some kind of credit for drawing a PI in points, even if it's just half the yards of the spot of the foul. Some kind of partial performance credit would be nice.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:54 pm

snitchinsider wrote:Would be nice if fantasy gave you some kind of credit for drawing a PI in points, even if it's just half the yards of the spot of the foul. Some kind of partial performance credit would be nice.
I've been a proponent of this for a while. I think 1/2 the yardage is good. Maybe 3 additional points if it's in the end zone.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:57 pm

snitchinsider wrote:Would be nice if fantasy gave you some kind of credit for drawing a PI in points, even if it's just half the yards of the spot of the foul. Some kind of partial performance credit would be nice.
Participation awards?

Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:45 am

Neight wrote:
Participation awards?
Not a good analogy. The WR is directly responsible for moving his team just as many yards as if he wasn't interfered with and caught the ball.