should we be discussing Dorsett this week?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: should we be discussing Dorsett this week?

Postby sloth8u » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:50 pm

sloth8u wrote:It would seem as if the next few weeks is a great opportunity for dorsett to earn a significant role in the colts offense. Yet, not much chatter around here. He's not a guy I was targeting during rookie drafts, but I know several were. For those impressed.....what can we hope to see the next few weeks?
I'm just not seeing anything other than a boom or bust play. Am I missing something? After 1 week, I'd say moncriefs job is secure.

I had anticipated some deep targets or even more targets would have been nice. I think it's safe to sell if you have someone interested. Just not seeing a guy that's startable unless in a pinch... atleast not long term.

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby hbomb » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:50 pm

sloth8u wrote:
sloth8u wrote:It would seem as if the next few weeks is a great opportunity for dorsett to earn a significant role in the colts offense. Yet, not much chatter around here. He's not a guy I was targeting during rookie drafts, but I know several were. For those impressed.....what can we hope to see the next few weeks?
I'm just not seeing anything other than a boom or bust play. Am I missing something? After 1 week, I'd say moncriefs job is secure.

I had anticipated some deep targets or even more targets would have been nice. I think it's safe to sell if you have someone interested. Just not seeing a guy that's startable unless in a pinch... atleast not long term.
I've always thought of him as a Hilton backup/successor. Long-term asset in a high-powered offense that will take some time to develop. A temporary Moncrief injury doesn't change my valuation or current expectations, but I'm hoping he can be efficient with the opportunity given.
10tm HPR SF - Start 9 - Year 9 Champion
Murray, Tagovailoa, Cousins, Winston, Ben
JT, Jacobs, Mixon, Dillon, Edwards, Mcfarland, Kelley, Mitchell
Evans, Cooper, DJ Chark, Claypool, Davis, M. Williams, E. Moore, Hamler, DPJ
Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Everett

10tm HPR HPFD SF - Start 9 - Year 1 Runner-up
Murray, Stafford, Cousins, Jones, Lock, Bridgewater
Mixon, Akers, Henderson, Dillon, J. Williams, Edwards, Pollard
Jefferson, DJ Moore, Lamb, Claypool, Reagor, Davis
Kittle, Andrews, Hockenson

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Is moncrief what luck actually needs? Outside of a late Hilton surge this offense is sad.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:08 pm

They need a possession-receiver. I've said it all along regarding Moncrief's long-term role. They've been sorely missing one since Reggie Wayne. Dorsett isn't ready to be that kind of guy (if he'll ever be) and Hilton doesn't have the short-intermediate ability. Doyle caught six passes between the 20s yesterday in an attempt to fill this void. We can expect two-TE sets until Moncrief returns.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Not a colts fan, but I live in the media market. The team has been Luck since he's arrived. Little has changed since day 1, other than Wayne leaving. I think the brass believes that if they surround Luck with wrs he'll figure out how to win. They need talent in a major way, but they saw Manning do it and believe Luck will keep them prominent. Honestly, he's done that.

I agree that it doesn't look pretty most games, but let's not forget that Polian is no longer there. He's received the majority of the credit for building the Manning led teams. In terms of the teams evaluation of Dorsett, not sure that I put much stock in it.

There are some things that interest me with Dorsett, mostly metrics rather than tape. Unfortunately...I'm not sure he's a guy that can/will consistently get 8+ targets a game with or without moncrief. There just aren't many guys that can be relied upon with 5 targets a game.

At this point, pretty sure there better off with crief and hilton, but honestly....Not sure that combo makes things any easier for luck.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:30 pm

sloth8u wrote:Not a colts fan, but I live in the media market. The team has been Luck since he's arrived. Little has changed since day 1, other than Wayne leaving. I think the brass believes that if they surround Luck with wrs he'll figure out how to win. They need talent in a major way, but they saw Manning do it and believe Luck will keep them prominent. Honestly, he's done that.

I agree that it doesn't look pretty most games, but let's not forget that Polian is no longer there. He's received the majority of the credit for building the Manning led teams. In terms of the teams evaluation of Dorsett, not sure that I put much stock in it.
We need a pass rush, that's the number one thing. We also need a secondary, and ILBs, and a better D-line haha. But pass rush first & foremost, if we are to make a real run.

In terms of this post, and the Colts WR corps, Moncrief will be hugely beneficial as a possession guy, big-WR, Colston type target for Luck to throw to
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 pm

sloth8u wrote:Not a colts fan, but I live in the media market. The team has been Luck since he's arrived. Little has changed since day 1, other than Wayne leaving. I think the brass believes that if they surround Luck with wrs he'll figure out how to win. They need talent in a major way, but they saw Manning do it and believe Luck will keep them prominent.
What's ridiculous to me is that when Irsay decided to send Manning packing in favor of Luck, he talked and talked about how they were going to do things differently building around Luck, and not try to put the entire team's competitive ability on his back as they did with Peyton. They would build up an elite D, become bullies in the trenches, etc etc.

Then Grigson came in and has been consistently making the same mistakes that ultimately got Bill Polian fired, marginalizing investment in the defense and in the trenches in favor of fixating on the QB and the other flashier skill-positions. Irsay was full of crap. And this all won't even work as well as it did with Peyton, because while Luck is great, it's clear now he doesn't quite have the ability to carry an unbalanced roster on his back the way Manning did.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE