Draft complete, thoughts?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Draft complete, thoughts?

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:16 am

My local keeper league draft was last night so I was wondering how you guys think my team looks.
I kept Peterson, Andre, Moreno, and Colston. I had the 4th pick and the draft snaked starting with the 2nd round.
PPR, 6 points for all TD's. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D.
We are keeping 5 players starting next year.

Schaub, Orton, Henne
Peterson, Moreno, Felix, Bradshaw, Lynch
Andre, Colston, Crabtree, Maclin, Williams (TB), Gaffney, Murphy, Jones (GB), Gilyard
Finley, Cooley
No kicker - will have to drop a player to pick one up
49er's

Thanks!

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Re: Draft complete, thoughts?

Postby tomfin2000 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Not bad at all, especially considering the fact that 48 players were already off the board if this is a 12 team league. Even if it's a 10 team league, that's 40 players off the board. I think it's all going to come down to whether or not you can hit on one or two of your upside RBs. We know Moreno, Felix, and Bradshaw have talent and are playing in pretty good offenses. It's really just a question of whether or not they can stay healthy and if they can become their team's featured back. (By featured back, I mean get around 60% of the touches since we know Buckhalter, Barber, and Jacobs probably aren't going anywhere.)

You'll have some tough calls next year with Schaub and Finley on board and all of those upside RBs and WRs on your roster. It's a good position to be in though!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 pm

tomfin2000 wrote:Not bad at all, especially considering the fact that 48 players were already off the board if this is a 12 team league. Even if it's a 10 team league, that's 40 players off the board. I think it's all going to come down to whether or not you can hit on one or two of your upside RBs. We know Moreno, Felix, and Bradshaw have talent and are playing in pretty good offenses. It's really just a question of whether or not they can stay healthy and if they can become their team's featured back. (By featured back, I mean get around 60% of the touches since we know Buckhalter, Barber, and Jacobs probably aren't going anywhere.)

You'll have some tough calls next year with Schaub and Finley on board and all of those upside RBs and WRs on your roster. It's a good position to be in though!
I forgot to mention it's a 10 team league...sorry.

I've just been offered Holmes and White for Williams... :think:

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I think your biggest risk factor will be at the QB position, but I like the roster a lot.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Looks like a really solid team. Adding Schaub, Crabtree, and Finley to your keepers from this year was a very nice haul.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Vintage wrote:I think your biggest risk factor will be at the QB position, but I like the roster a lot.
Matt Ryan went the pick before I took Orton... :evil:

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:38 pm

I'd rather have Williams. I'm just not a big fan of the Jets passing game.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Vintage wrote:I think your biggest risk factor will be at the QB position, but I like the roster a lot.
Matt Ryan went the pick before I took Orton... :evil:
Wow, that blows. Orton will be a strong QB2 this year though.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 pm

i like it. strong in all areas. schaub will get you through the season and i like henne as your QB2.