Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Allen Robinson owners

Postby palevermilion » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:26 pm

3 of his first 4 games last year were bad. I'm not worried at all.

Last year:
1 for 27, no TD
6 for 155, 2 TDs
4 for 68, no TD
4 for 80, no TD

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:32 pm

StoneyBrown wrote:Considering the NFL came out to say that there were 15+ penalties that were missed in the opening JAX/GB game, most of which were PI on Robinson (I have to imagine) I'm not concerned.
Having watched that game, I was shocked no flag was thrown on at least three. I didn't know it was acknowledged, but good to know, though the impact on a close game would have been huge.

Not worried about ARob. He's young, extremely talented and athletic, has put up big numbers, and will again before long and for a long time. Panic isn't something you do with studs with his credentials. Regression was obvious, but you still got an insulated, elite asset.

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Bortles was always the problem to me. I'm not too worried about it. I expected WR1/2 numbers from him this year, due to Bortles. I figured the improved JAX defense would keep games closer, reducing garbage time, and thus less time to rack up garbage stats. My theory hasn't quite come true, but the results have. Like Winston, when these guys face a legit secondary, they are made out to be the terrible passers they are. I did expect some garbage time against SD, but Verrett didn't relax at all. I'm not sure I can start a WR against him at all this season with much confidence.

phyzzyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby phyzzyx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:36 pm

DFHustle wrote:Bortles was always the problem to me. I'm not too worried about it. I expected WR1/2 numbers from him this year, due to Bortles. I figured the improved JAX defense would keep games closer, reducing garbage time, and thus less time to rack up garbage stats. My theory hasn't quite come true, but the results have. Like Winston, when these guys face a legit secondary, they are made out to be the terrible passers they are. I did expect some garbage time against SD, but Verrett didn't relax at all. I'm not sure I can start a WR against him at all this season with much confidence.
I hate to come off as a dick, but if you think it's Bortles, you have no idea what you're talking about...

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:39 pm

phyzzyx wrote:
DFHustle wrote:Bortles was always the problem to me. I'm not too worried about it. I expected WR1/2 numbers from him this year, due to Bortles. I figured the improved JAX defense would keep games closer, reducing garbage time, and thus less time to rack up garbage stats. My theory hasn't quite come true, but the results have. Like Winston, when these guys face a legit secondary, they are made out to be the terrible passers they are. I did expect some garbage time against SD, but Verrett didn't relax at all. I'm not sure I can start a WR against him at all this season with much confidence.
I hate to come off as a dick, but if you think it's Bortles, you have no idea what you're talking about...
This is an amazing 1st post.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:46 pm

I think he's a very athletic guy that plays wide receiver. Whereas someone like Hopkins is athletic enough, but a born wide receiver. He'll throw a couple monster games up due to the situational randomness of football, but he's a hard bet to carry the elite tag game in and game out. I would sell him to people that think that he's a Hopkins/Cooper etc.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:02 pm

TheSpidersFromMars wrote:I think he's a very athletic guy that plays wide receiver. Whereas someone like Hopkins is athletic enough, but a born wide receiver. He'll throw a couple monster games up due to the situational randomness of football, but he's a hard bet to carry the elite tag game in and game out. I would sell him to people that think that he's a Hopkins/Cooper etc.
Hes extremely athletic with good speed and good hands. He's not "just an athletic guy".

Also, he was one of the most consistent WRs in football last season. He sure as heck wasn't a boom or bust play.

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:05 pm

phyzzyx wrote:
I'm probably he biggest Bortles fan on this site. He looked terrible yesterday. He was missing throws and making some poor decisions. The play calling was pretty atrocious, too, but there's no way you could've watched the SD game and came away thinking Bortles played well.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Hes extremely athletic with good speed and good hands. He's not "just an athletic guy".

Also, he was one of the most consistent WRs in football last season. He sure as heck wasn't a boom or bust play.
Im not saying he's bad or anything. I just never bought the whole narrative of him jumping into the elite category this year.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Ya people shouldnt be worrying too much. If he had a TD, or two, we would be talking about him as a potential stud. It has been a slow start for many "elite" level WRs

Robinson- 9 receptions, 120 yards, 0 TDs
D Bryant- 8 receptions, 110 yards, 0 TDs
R Cobb- 11 receptions, 99 yards, 0 Tds
J Nelson- 11 receptions, 110 yards, 2 TDs
Beckham- 12 receptions, 159 yards, 0 TDs
Marshall- 9 receptions, 133 yards, 0 TDs
D Thomas- 9 receptions, 138 yards, 0 TDs

Shouldnt be too much panicking on any of these guys yet imo
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Litesout13 wrote:Ya people shouldnt be worrying too much. If he had a TD, or two, we would be talking about him as a potential stud. It has been a slow start for many "elite" level WRs

Drop them all! They will never recover!

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Litesout13 wrote:Ya people shouldnt be worrying too much. If he had a TD, or two, we would be talking about him as a potential stud. It has been a slow start for many "elite" level WRs

I don't own either anywhere, but I would be more concerned as an OBJ owner. Beckam has more talent to contend with - Shepherd looks the part and Cruz looks like he is back to 90% of his old self. Eli can throw the ball anywhere with the same confidence. While the other pass catchers are good on Jax, Robinson is clearly a tier or two above the rest.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Obj nearly missed 2 Tds in each game. His time is coming.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:58 pm

thebeast wrote:

I don't own either anywhere, but I would be more concerned as an OBJ owner. Beckam has more talent to contend with - Shepherd looks the part and Cruz looks like he is back to 90% of his old self. Eli can throw the ball anywhere with the same confidence. While the other pass catchers are good on Jax, Robinson is clearly a tier or two above the rest.
I just told someone the same thing today. I mean, OBJ is still the #1 player in dynasty and it isn't close IMO. But it's not gonna be a great year unless some injuries hit the Giants. They have like 2700 weapons they are using right now(some debate how dangerous some of the weapons are but you follow my point) I think OBJ still finishes top 5 at his position but just not the crazy insane years that he has had to this point.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 pm

TheSpidersFromMars wrote:I think he's a very athletic guy that plays wide receiver. Whereas someone like Hopkins is athletic enough, but a born wide receiver. He'll throw a couple monster games up due to the situational randomness of football, but he's a hard bet to carry the elite tag game in and game out. I would sell him to people that think that he's a Hopkins/Cooper etc.
Matt Harmon would disagree. He charts all his routes, and apparently, Robinson is a football player, according to his research.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick