ADP vs MJD

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

ADP vs MJD

Postby tomfin2000 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:36 am

The keeper league I've been playing in for the past several years is rebooting this year with a compete redraft. We can keep three players, no restrictions. No PPR.

I was lucky enough to draw the second overall pick. The guy picking first has already said he's taking CJ. That leaves ADP as the slam dunk at 1.02, right? The thing is, I had Peterson on my old squad since he was a rookie. It was one of those teams that was loaded with talent but constantly underperformed. I think I won one playoff game in the past three seasons. So I'm kind of tired of Peterson and the rest of that crew.

Am I nuts to build my team around MJD instead and just get a fresh start?

Maybe it would even give me a reason to go to a Jaguar game this year. :P

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: ADP vs MJD

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:43 am

I wouldn't be able to pass on Peterson as much as I like MJD.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 am

The two are a push.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 pm

i would probably take peterson first, so be hapy with getting him second. peterson is a dynamic big body guy that is gonna carry the load for his entire career. that cant be said for many backs in the league. i think the jury is still out whether mjd can be a high carry guy every year. its very close, but with the win now attitude of the vikings, you at least dont have to worry about rebuilding during the precious prime years of your keeper rb.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST