Marvin Jones

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Marvin Jones

Postby derekhiny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Looking to add some depth in the hopes of making my run at the 'ship this year. Started preliminary talks with Marv owner who happens to be in a very steep rebuild. Where do you see his value currently sitting? He's obviously seen a bump up over these last few months, but is it sustainable? Or just hype because of new situation? As a 2nd part to the question, what would I need to add to somebody like Agholor, who's value is currently in the toilet? Rebuilding team is old as crap at TE. Was thinking of offering Agholor, Walford, and a 3rd? Too little, too much, or just about right? Or does anybody actually still prefer Agholor to Marvin? I'm a diehard Eagles fan, and I would probably kick my own bleep in a few years if I gave up on him too soon.

Edit -- don't own a 2017 1st, but currently own all of my own picks in rounds 2-6.
Last edited by derekhiny on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Marvin Jones

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:07 pm

If you could get Marvin for that it's a slam dunk. As an owner, it would take an overpay at this point to pry him away from me (2017 1st+). I think he is going to breakout big time in Cooter's offense.

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:12 pm

pokerface40 wrote:If you could get Marvin for that it's a slam dunk. As an owner, it would take an overpay at this point to pry him away from me (2017 1st+). I think he is going to breakout big time in Cooter's offense.
Unfortunately, don't own a 2017 1st. Moved it last year in a deal for Coop. Otherwise, I would just offer that + a little something, since my first should be late anyways.

WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Love Jones and I think people are still sleeping on him. You might be able to capitalize on the C - Mike hype right now and offer C- Mike/ Agholor or C Mike/ Walford

venomreapers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby venomreapers » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:25 am

Try Agholor, Walford, and your 2nd. That has a good chance of being accepted.
Dynasty Football United: Reading Reapers
Non-PPR all 6 point TD's, 1 QB, 0-2 RB, 1-5 WR, 0-3 TE, 1 K, 2-3 DL, 3-4 LB, 2-3 DB
QB: Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer
RB: Frank Gore, Robert Turbin, Ryan Mathews, Kenjon Barner, Mike Gillislee, Dion Lewis
WR: Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, Willie Snead, Allen Hurns, Travis Benjamin, Robby Anderson, JJ Nelson, Dontrelle Inman
TE: Martellus Bennett, Cameron Brate
K: Stephen Gostowski
DL: Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, Kerry Hyder, Trey Flowers
LB: Lavonte David, Preston Brown, Telvin Smith, Craig Robertson, Danell Ellerbee
DB: Logan Ryan, Jahleel Addae, Daryl Worley, Donte Whitner

Taxi: De'Vondre Campbell, Cody Kessler, Sheldon Rankins, Elandon Roberts, TJ Green
IR/S: Jaylon Smith, Karlos Williams, J.J. Watt, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamaal Charles

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:53 am

venomreapers wrote:Try Agholor, Walford, and your 2nd. That has a good chance of being accepted.
That's what we settled on. Deal done.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:56 am

derekhiny wrote:
venomreapers wrote:Try Agholor, Walford, and your 2nd. That has a good chance of being accepted.
That's a steal for Marvin IMO. I don't think agholor is going to amount to anything, so Walford+late 2nd seems quite cheap.

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:21 am

grooner wrote:
derekhiny wrote:
That's a steal for Marvin IMO. I don't think agholor is going to amount to anything, so Walford+late 2nd seems quite cheap.
Being an Eagles fan, have to agree about Agholor, even tho I don't want to lol. But his value is still somewhere in the 2nd range for most. So basically, 3 mid to late 2nds value for Marvin. Def not complaining.