Would you rather draft from the 2spot or 4spot?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Would you rather draft from the 2spot or 4spot?

Postby jordanzs » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 pm

This might sound really wacky, but I've been playing fantasy since 2005, and been in multiple leagues each year, and from all the leagues I've been in:

1) The team with Peyton Manning has never won a championship.

2) The team with Peterson has never won a championship.

I've been the AP owner numerous times, and he always seemed to lay an egg in the playoffs for me. The worst was a few years back on monday night versus the redskins, they destroyed him, along with championship aspirations. Last year too, I had AP on a team and had a solid regular season, but a quick exit in the playoffs. Dunno what it is, but I guess I have kinda a stigma against him.

Meanwhile in both of my main redrafter leagues last year, the team that had MJD won the championship. 1 of them drafted 1.3, and the other was 1.4.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Would you rather draft from the 2spot or 4spot?

Postby jordanzs » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Well it looks like a big Ray Rice fan might be sliding into the 2spot.

Maybe I'll end up with MJD or AP after all at 1.4. Wouldn't surprise me. I can live with that. I'm more concerned about which WR I'll get in the 2nd round. Our drafts tend to get on crazy runs. Last year, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Rivers were all taken by 2.9. That's a crazy QB run. This is the 1st year that our league has gone to PPR. I'm halfway wondering if there will be a crazy WR run in round 2 as everyone scurries to lock up their WR in the inagural PPR version of our league. At least 2.9 gets me a better choice than 2.11.