TO's Landing Spot

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:05 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
willypohill wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:you guys do know there is a video of her naked right? I wont post the link here because its definetly NSFW and waaaaaaaaaay off topic hahah.

but if you cant find it yourself with google PM me
Lmao thanks captain obvious. I hope you realized that we are all fully aware of the peeping tom video.
haha ok. just making sure. I wouldn't want someone missing out on the show
Thank you, but I assure you my interests are purely scientific. I can't see how that video would help prepare me for my next draft.

:P

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm

One general manager predicted to NFL.com that free agent Terrell Owens will not sign until training camp.

"I talked to a (GM) within the last 24 hours who is running a team that a lot of people would say has need of a wide receiver," La Canfora said. "He said his team isn’t interested in T.O., and he doesn’t think anyone will sign T.O. until some time during training camp when an injury forces them to do so." The G.M. isn't going out on a limb. Owens remains without obvious suitors.
Rotoworld

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Free agent Terrell Owens says he wants to play for a contender this season, then go into acting.

The latter goal may be more easily accomplished than the former. T.O. claims there is "definitely interest" in his services, but he's waiting for "the right situation" to come along. He also wants to be "compensated as a starter."
Rotoworld

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 pm

I wish T.O woould just go away!!! :evil:

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Salty Dawg wrote:I wish T.O woould just go away!!! :evil:
No doubt, him and Favre alike. Just hang it up already!!

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: TO's Landing Spot

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 pm

TMZ is reporting that TO is "very close" to a deal with the Bengals.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:56 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:TMZ is reporting that TO is "very close" to a deal with the Bengals.
Two sources tell Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer that a TMZ report claiming free agent Terrell Owens is "very close" to signing with the Bengals is untrue.

Both sources, one from the Bengals and one from T.O.'s camp, tell Reedy that the report is "not true." Head coach Marvin Lewis strongly indicated in a press conference this week that the team was not going to sign Owens, but Bengals owner Mike Brown makes the personnel decisions in Cincinnati. With the Bengals, Owens would presumably compete with Antonio Bryant for a starting job.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams have decided to pass on the idea of signing free agent Terrell Owens.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer seconds the report. Rams brass convened Monday to discuss Owens' fit in St. Louis, and decided against adding the perceived locker-room cancer to one of the league's youngest offenses. The Rams will move forward with Donnie Avery and Laurent Robinson as their starting wideouts. The Bengals are now the clear-cut favorites to sign Owens.
Rotoworld

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams have decided to pass on the idea of signing free agent Terrell Owens.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer seconds the report. Rams brass convened Monday to discuss Owens' fit in St. Louis, and decided against adding the perceived locker-room cancer to one of the league's youngest offenses. The Rams will move forward with Donnie Avery and Laurent Robinson as their starting wideouts. The Bengals are now the clear-cut favorites to sign Owens.
Rotoworld

At this point does anyone not want to see TO in Cincinnati? It just makes too much sense, they are a perfect fit :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, it's happened. Receiver Terrell Owens has agreed to terms with the Bengals.

Per a league source, Owens will receive a base salary of $2 million. He can earn up to another $2 million in incentives.

(We reported it first, scooping even the OCNN, which put the word out several minutes after us.)

The source says that the incentives are based on receptions, yards, and touchdowns.

Given that the Bengals didn't really have a need at the position and in light of the franchise's reputation for being extremely careful with money, it's a good deal for Owens. He gets more than twice the veteran minimum for a player of his experience, and though the specific triggers for the $2 million are not yet known, it's our understanding that if he performs like he did last year in Buffalo (55 catches, 829 yards, five touchdowns), he'll earn most of the money.

That said, the decision to tie that much money to performance could create friction, if Owens isn't on the field as much as he believes he needs to be. But the Bengals likely know this, and the decision potentially reflects a concession that Antonio Bryant isn't going to be what they thought he was going to be.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 pm

I can only imagine the end zone celebrations to come.