What I really should be asking here, make move, stay pat?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
glipp
Role Player
Role Player

What I really should be asking here, make move, stay pat?

Postby glipp » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Ignore this post. See "Do any of these trades really improve my team" post which replaces this one.
Last edited by glipp on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 10 times in total.

glipp
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Trading for a wr#2 PPR Dynasty league

Postby glipp » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:40 pm

deleted
Last edited by glipp on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:53 pm

I wouldn't be afraid to move Stafford, Z.Miller, Benson, or R.Bush to help you. With Rodgers, you don't really need Stafford who seems to be fairly popular right now among younger QBs, which could be attractive to a team. Maybe a downgrade at QB2 and RB3 or TE2 for your WR is the ticket.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm

R. Bush for D. Bowe

Some combo deal involving Hightower + 1 to the Wells owner for Holmes + 1

With Rodgers, I wouldn't hesitate to move Stafford + WR for the WR upgrade and backup QB downgrade.

glipp
Role Player
Role Player

Postby glipp » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 pm

deleted
Last edited by glipp on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

glipp wrote:I traded C. Benson for W. Welker and a 3rd round pick in the 2011 rookie draft. Would you still be looking for a wr #2? I tend to think yes myself. I was getting no play on Benson and I have real doubts about him for 2010 so I feel Welker will be much better in PPR long term. I still feel I need to look for a Wr #2 but I feel the idea of dealing a Rb is probably out though. Thoughts?
Great deal for you. Didn't think you'd get any solid returns for Benson, but Welker and a draft pick - that's great value. No way I'd be looking to move another RB right now. Moving another one without acquiring one could leave you terribly thin at a position you are already thin at. I'm higher on Welker than most (maybe because I'm a Pats fan). He is your WR2 once he's back to playing shape. His knee won't be a long term problem IMO.

I saw your other post but only after I posted in here.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Randy Moss & S.Breaston for M.Colston. You'll eventually lose Moss, but it would get you a two receivers to work with for now. Colston's value is limited due to all the options the Saints have in the offense, but his youth is where the value is. You'd have to ride Moss out until you could figure out a plan to acquire a legit #1 WR to replace Randy Moss. I think it would offer fair value to get rid of your young WR to get the depth you need, but taking a chance on Sims-Walker might be your best deal if you can get him for R.Bush straight up.

You already have these receivers, but I got James Jones and Jordy Nelson for R.Bush. I felt I had the depth at RB to make the move, and Reggie's declining receptions are alarming.

glipp
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What I really should be asking here, make move, stay pat

Postby glipp » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Read the first post in this series carefully. Skip the posts in the middle, and begin answering after this post. I changed the topic and the posts in the middle are not relevant.