Best Team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which team is the strongest? (try and include 2011 picks)

Bandits
5%
Rattlers
No votes
Rampage
No votes
Maulers
11%
Greyhounds
No votes
Kool-Aid
42%
GMen
No votes
Patriots
No votes
Spartans
5%
Chef
No votes
Big Daddys
11%
Politicians
26%

Total votes: 19

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Best Team

Postby gratefulydead3 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Some owners talked about this earlier, and I'd like to hear from the rest of the DLF community. Teams can be found on the link below

Same rules apply as before. Try not to vote for yourself unless you're sure you have the best team

http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/dl ... 34&t=12927

edit: I wanted to post this in the polls section but I couldn't find the "new poll" button

lemmi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Best Team

Postby lemmi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:11 am

I voted for Jonestown Kool-Aid, and not just because of the name :lol: .

I like the starters at all positions.
Romo, Mendy, Charles, Rice and Winslow are all in my top 5-10 at their positions.
Maclin, MSW and Gaffney will be solid contributors and will allow guys like M. Williams and Price to develop.
While lacking a true RB3, I do like M. Bush to hopefully fill that role this year (I've got him in a league too). After that the RB's are a big question mark but if Westy lands in the right spot, he could produce decent backup stats.

After going over the scoring and starting req's - I think he's got the best overall Def as well.
Holding 3-4 LB's that could easily post 100+ tackles at 2 pts per is just silly.
DB's, I always consider an after-thought but Berry is special and will probably by top 10 for years.
On the DL - Morgan, Dockett and Shaugnessy will form a nice rotation and be solid point producers.

Overall, solid team with a good mix of top shelf youth, some veterans sprinkled in and I like this team to contend this year and for awhile into the future :thumbup: .

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 am

I voted for the Cook County Politicians. They are the strongest on paper at this juncture in time.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Rampage is #1 for me by a hair. GMen is comparable, and there are a few close teams after that, including: Kool Aid, Rattlers, Maulers, Greyhounds, and Spartans.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 pm

If we were just talking this season, I would go with the Politicians. But because we are also factoring in the long term I am assuming, I voted for Jonestown.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Misfit74 wrote:Rampage is #1 for me by a hair. GMen is comparable, and there are a few close teams after that, including: Kool Aid, Rattlers, Maulers, Greyhounds, and Spartans.
I voted Maulers but agree with Misfit here about Gmen! :thumbup:
Twitter @haydn239

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:49 pm

I voted Michigan Maulers.

IMO, they have......

**5 of the top 25 WRs

**The Best TE

**Nice up & coming RB 3some (McCoy, Spiller, Hardesty)

**Nice young QB upside

And it looks like they have 3 1st round picks next year? If so, they can easily trade one of those picks for a veteran RB or QB if they feel the need to compete for the championship in 2010.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm

jordanzs wrote:I voted Michigan Maulers.

IMO, they have......

**5 of the top 25 WRs

**The Best TE

**Nice up & coming RB 3some (McCoy, Spiller, Hardesty)

**Nice young QB upside

And it looks like they have 3 1st round picks next year? If so, they can easily trade one of those picks for a veteran RB or QB if they feel the need to compete for the championship in 2010.
Thanks man. I took an approach to this draft unlike any I've done before. I almost traded out of the first 2 rounds completely but ended up taking LeSean McCoy at 2.07 as my first pick. After all the trades, I ended up with 6 picks in the first four rounds and gained 2 future firsts while only losing picks in the 6th and 16th.

I love my WR's, especially if VJax works out a deal somehow (doubt it). Fortunately, the rest of my WRs are also strong to make up for losing him.

I have a lot of faith in Henne and believe he can carry my QB's for many years. Sam Bradford should be good in a few years too.

My main RBs are young, with backups that are veterans who know how to produce in case they take a little longer to develop.

VD is my top TE, especially in PPR. I only drafted Bennett because of the bye week.

My IDPs are young for the most part, as is my entire roster. We won't win this year, but we will be competitive. In a couple years, watch out.
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah great job!

I'm also a regular on Dynasty Rogues, and been involved in a couple of startup drafts with that website's regulars. In the dynasty rogues flavored drafts.....

Crabtree, VJax, and Jennings are 2nd rounders
McCoy & Harvin are 3rd rounders
Spiller & Davis are 4th rounders
Hardesty & Holmes are 6th rounders

That's a great cluster of 9 players in the 1st 6 rounds! And and awesome cluster of top 3 WRs. And to think, on top of that, you ended up with 2 more 1st round picks.....insane!!!

In my last startup draft, in the 1st 7 rounds, I ended up with Ray Rice, Austin, Crabtree, Dez, Felix, Spiller, Schaub, and Holmes. I like that cluster a lot, but I had to give up my 2011 1st rounder to get it. I really like the fact that you got all those players AND got some more picks

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Looking at the rosters, Kool Aid has a really good team too! Very impressive!!!!!

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 am

bigcsr67 wrote:I voted for the Cook County Politicians. They are the strongest on paper at this juncture in time.
Same here! Though its a bit weak at RB3, I like the overall strenght from team.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11