What is Greene's value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
remy420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: What is Greene's value?

Postby remy420 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 am

lemmi wrote:
remy420 wrote:Well, I assume you know there management better than I do. But you can't have it all. They have some key guys on defense that they need to resign and a couple on the offensive line who are looking for bigger deals. They just drafted a qb top 10 and I don't know the numbers of his deal but I am sure it is paying. The Jets aren't building around Greene. He happens to be at the right place at the right time. But he is replaceable and the Jets have shown that rb isn't there biggest concern. The broncos are building around Moreno.
They actually traded up to the 1st pick in the 3rd to take Green in '09.
From then on, they've done nothing but rave about him.
The fact that they let TJ walk shows me that think he can shoulder the load. I trust their judgement. There's a damn good reason I'm sitting at a desk having friendly banter in a fantasy football forum and not coaching a football team :lol:
They may not be building around Green, but they're building around the O-line, which I'd rather they did anyway.
Any RB with a lick of talent can find space to run back their. I'm more than confident that LT will have a better year in '10 than he did in '09. I'm not saying LT is back, so don't everyone jump all over that :P . But he'll definitely improve on his ypc, without a doubt.
I understand that but they are paying him 3rd round money. They got rid of Jones but they signed LT. They let Leon Washington walk but then they drafted the same player in McKnight. In three years (or whenever Greene's contract is up), why would they pay him? Even if he goes for 1500 and 15 what he will want for money won't work with what they are doing financially. If they rework Revis, resign Harris, and give Ferguson and Mangold big contracts, they aren't going to give Greene money. I mean I just don't see how.
MC Dynasty League
The Highlanders
Champions 2006
12 teams, 30-man rosters
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1TE, 1K, 1Def, 1DL, 1LB, 1CB, 1S
QB:Newton, Rivers, Tua
RB:Gordon, Lindsey, Hunt, Kerryon, Mattison, Dobbins, Love
WR:A.J. Green, Julio, Diggs, Kupp, Hardman, P. Williams
TE:Hooper, Smith
K:Gould, Gonzalez
Def:Car, Chi
DL:Watt, N Bosa
LB:Ch. Jones, Roquan
DB:King, Carrie
S:Mathieu, Edmunds

lemmi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lemmi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:57 am

remy420 wrote:
lemmi wrote:
remy420 wrote:Well, I assume you know there management better than I do. But you can't have it all. They have some key guys on defense that they need to resign and a couple on the offensive line who are looking for bigger deals. They just drafted a qb top 10 and I don't know the numbers of his deal but I am sure it is paying. The Jets aren't building around Greene. He happens to be at the right place at the right time. But he is replaceable and the Jets have shown that rb isn't there biggest concern. The broncos are building around Moreno.
They actually traded up to the 1st pick in the 3rd to take Green in '09.
From then on, they've done nothing but rave about him.
The fact that they let TJ walk shows me that think he can shoulder the load. I trust their judgement. There's a damn good reason I'm sitting at a desk having friendly banter in a fantasy football forum and not coaching a football team :lol:
They may not be building around Green, but they're building around the O-line, which I'd rather they did anyway.
Any RB with a lick of talent can find space to run back their. I'm more than confident that LT will have a better year in '10 than he did in '09. I'm not saying LT is back, so don't everyone jump all over that :P . But he'll definitely improve on his ypc, without a doubt.
I understand that but they are paying him 3rd round money. They got rid of Jones but they signed LT. They let Leon Washington walk but then they drafted the same player in McKnight. In three years (or whenever Greene's contract is up), why would they pay him? Even if he goes for 1500 and 15 what he will want for money won't work with what they are doing financially. If they rework Revis, resign Harris, and give Ferguson and Mangold big contracts, they aren't going to give Greene money. I mean I just don't see how.
My only point was about the Jets airing it out this year. I don't necessarily value Green more than Moreno. In fact, I'd rather have Moreno in PPR leagues.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 am

remy420 wrote:I just don't think the Jets will run it 600 times this year. I think Sanchez will attempt more than 360 passes. He has a year under his belt and someone to throw to. On the other hand I think denver will throw less than 500 times and run more. Personel changes and teams adapt. Not disregard their whole phylosophy, just adapt.
Projecting the Broncos to throw less often is just idle speculation and I believe in error. Orton is completely disrespected in fantasy circles, but is a solid NFL starting QB. Pass attempts already went down last season by 75 from Cutler to Orton. Yet Orton matched Cutler's completion percentage from the previous season and had a better TD/Int ratio. He had the team at 8-4 until the rushing attack fell apart. If anything, the Broncos need to rely MORE on the passing game this season with all of the failings that they had over the last month of the season. While they may have trade off Marshall, they also added both Thomas and Decker. This does not speak to a trend of rushing the football more (or passing less) than they did last season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:33 pm

ekassor wrote:Greene's value is somewhat limited by lack of receiving skills out of the backfield. Top 10 RBs can also be counted on for 30-40 receptions a year. Time will tell if he can develop those skills, but its not looking like he'll be a formidable receiver.
You need to check your numbers because Im pretty sure TJ was 9th last year among RB's (10 catches) and 5th the year before among RB's (36 catches - and thats still less than 3 catches per game). PPR is valuable, but you need the rushing totals first in order to even be considered close to projecting as a top 10 producer.

The Jets dont have to run the ball 600 times for Greene to get 300 carries....just look at the last 10 years or so of Jets starting RB's....and tell me how many times their primary rusher had less than 290 carries....

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 pm

I'll second Vince's point. Look at AP for example, his first two years in the league he posted 19 and 21 catches respectively. Are you saying that you didn't consider AP a top ten back before this previous season?
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)