Trading away Beanie Wells

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Trading away Beanie Wells

Postby dlf_ericd » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 am

Several owners in my league are interested in Wells, but I'm not quite sure what to value him at. I think he is due for a really nice season ahead, with a ton of potential after that if Leinart proves he's capable of leading that offense. One of the owners has offered Vernon Davis, Mike Wallace & a a 2nd round pick (#7 rookie draft). He also has Felix Jones that he would probably be willing to deal. What do you think I should do?
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trading away Beanie Wells

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 am

That offer is close but I don't think it's a good deal for your team. Wells has even more value in your league since it is non-ppr.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am

Given your roster, I'd certainly consider moving Wells. But Davis isn't a sizable upgrade to Celek and Wallace serves you little purpose. I'd target a much better WR with him. Felix is just another throw in player.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am

I would pass. When looking at your roster and starting requirements, I would probably just hang onto Wells considering you can start up to 3 RBs, which means you probably want to have 4 very solid ones if you can. Vernon would be a slight upgrade over Celek imo but not near enough to make this deal. Your lineup is very solid, don't think I would make any major changes to it before the season.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks for the input guys. I declined the trade offer and he countered with Vernon Davis, Felix Jones, and next year's 1st round pick (probably in the 6-8 range). If I accepted a trade for VD, I would probably try to move either him or Celek in another deal. Does that change your mind at all?
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:01 pm

airlex wrote:Thanks for the input guys. I declined the trade offer and he countered with Vernon Davis, Felix Jones, and next year's 1st round pick (probably in the 6-8 range). If I accepted a trade for VD, I would probably try to move either him or Celek in another deal. Does that change your mind at all?
That's a fair offer, but I wouldn't make my decision to accept this trade based on what you could do in another deal unless you have one near-finalized already. Look at this deal and decide if you are getting enough value for Wells. It's a fair offer, but as I'm no fan of Felix or low future first-round picks, I would still pass.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:44 pm

airlex wrote:Thanks for the input guys. I declined the trade offer and he countered with Vernon Davis, Felix Jones, and next year's 1st round pick (probably in the 6-8 range). If I accepted a trade for VD, I would probably try to move either him or Celek in another deal. Does that change your mind at all?
I think I would take that deal...

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
I think I would take that deal...
Whoa! Mark at 9999 posts! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooo rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooo!
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 pm

While I think you're close to even value, I don't think you'd be improving your team. Keep him unless you can get a nice name.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:17 am

The upgrade from Celek to Davis is much smaller than what you are giving going from Wells to Felix. Not a deal that makes sense to me. Why give away a player with top 10 potential in Wells for a bye week fill in RB?
Last edited by skip on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:34 am

Still would not make that deal. The dropoff from Wells to Felix is fairly substantial imo.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:45 am

you'd be better off using Wells then to get what you actually want. i'm all for flipping players, but when you have a stud in making like Wells, you need to make sure that you are getting good value for him. I dont see felix a nd a mid 1st as being good value after you trade VD
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Even if you hate Wells, i'm sure there's someone in your league who would offer a better value.