Moncrief Value in Picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Moncrief Value in Picks

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:10 pm

My team is obviously lacking at WR so I am considering a move to make a run at Moncrief. What is the consensus on his value in picks?
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Moncrief Value in Picks

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 pm

You might be able to get him for 1.06+2.06 (most of his owners think he's the next Arob).

I think he's worth about 1.05 by itself.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

gateway400
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gateway400 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Coogan23 wrote:You might be able to get him for 1.06+2.06 (most of his owners think he's the next Arob).

I have to interject here being a Moncrief owner. Unless it's a top 2 Pick in this year's class I will hold. I would rather roll the dice with an uber athete tied to an elite QB and offense. Im not sure I'd even pull the trigger with the 1.02. I feel the strong need to see what comes to fruition this year. I have a feeling I will not be disappointed with the decision to hold him. Is this hyperbole....maybe....either way I will hold. Just giving you insight to one of his owners thoughts on him.
1/2 ppr, 1ppr for TE, $200 Salary Cap, 10 teams, Start 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-7 WR, 1-4 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB: B. Mayfield($4-13), J. Garoppollo($1-7)
RB: L. Bowden ($1), JD McKissick($1)
WR: K. Golladay($2-6), C. Sutton($4-8), C. Davis($12-9), M. Williams($9-7), A. Lazard($5-5), K. Cole($8), D. Duverney($4-5), V. Jefferson($3-5), D. Peoples-Jones($3)
TE: M. Gesicki ($4-4), A. Hooper($1-4), O.J. Howard ($7-5), T. Conklin($1)
K: C. Boswell($1)
Def: Football Team D($1)

Taxi Squad (7 players max): J. Jefferson($4), C. Claypool($4), N. Fant($4), M. Pittman($4), D. Mims($4), B. Edwards($4), J. Stidham($1)

Draft Picks: 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th picks 2022: 6 - 1sts & 5 - 2nds

Trophy Room:
2020: 8th Place
2019: 5th Place Blew up team for tons of picks!
2018: 1st Place! CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 3peat! :dance:
2017: 1st Place! Championship!!
2016: 1st Place! Championship!
2015: 3rd Place
2014: 4th Place
2013: 8th Place

MrPerfect
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MrPerfect » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:42 am

Coogan23 wrote:You might be able to get him for 1.06+2.06 (most of his owners think he's the next Arob).

anyone giving up a pick that could get you coleman or doctson in most cases is totally over valuing Moncrief. I like the kid but he is not the talent of them two. You have to wait on moving any top 5 pick unless its for a proven stud in some regard until after the draft.

this is throwing away 1.5 when you know during the draft you can get moncrief and then some for 1.5. no way i do 1.5.

MrPerfect
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MrPerfect » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:43 am

gateway400 wrote:

I have to interject here being a Moncrief owner. Unless it's a top 2 Pick in this year's class I will hold. I would rather roll the dice with an uber athete tied to an elite QB and offense. Im not sure I'd even pull the trigger with the 1.02. I feel the strong need to see what comes to fruition this year. I have a feeling I will not be disappointed with the decision to hold him. Is this hyperbole....maybe....either way I will hold. Just giving you insight to one of his owners thoughts on him.
You wouldnt trade moncrief for 1.2? the disingeuous comments from some trying drive value is what inhibits these conversations because you have to have people like me call out that nonsesne. I thought 1.5 was a bad deal... 1.2? I'm calling you a :liar:

Hambone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hambone » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:50 am

MrPerfect wrote:
gateway400 wrote:

You wouldnt trade moncrief for 1.2? the disingeuous comments from some trying drive value is what inhibits these conversations because you have to have people like me call out that nonsesne. I thought 1.5 was a bad deal... 1.2? I'm calling you a :liar:

I don't see why that is such a bad statement? I personally would have a hard time moving him for anyone not named Elliott in this draft. There's a reason picks from 1.02 on are being moved in most leagues - because there aren't any elite talents like in years past. Could Coleman or Doctson or Treadwell be better than him? Sure, but it also depends where they end up and who their QB is...

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:59 am

Nope I agree with the above. I'd have to seriously think about it if I got offered the 1.1 for him. Then it would come down to team needs and the team I have him I need receivers, not Elliot. So I'd stick with Moncrief.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

MrPerfect
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MrPerfect » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:49 am

Betterthanyou wrote:Nope I agree with the above. I'd have to seriously think about it if I got offered the 1.1 for him. Then it would come down to team needs and the team I have him I need receivers, not Elliot. So I'd stick with Moncrief.
So if moncrief was in this draft you would take him 1.1? lmfao
:liar: :liar: :liar:

These comments are why this board needs guys like me.

Moncrief is not a difference maker, he is just a good WR who has not even done anything to warrant this type of praise. He wasnt even praised this much coming out of college and has not even shown he can be a superstar given his time in the nfl already.

1.1 for moncrief isnt even a reasonable discussion and defeats the purpose of any real discussion because no one is getting a true sense of his value with those type of comments. Because "you" like him doesnt make him worth that. I wish I had moncrief, I would send him to you in a heartbeat for 1.1 and draft someone similar to Moncrief with 2.4.

Not to mention he already has foot issues, and is not 100% according to him.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:17 am

It was my belief that Moncrief was probably worth about 1.6. Because it's a super flex, there is a chance Coleman makes it to that pick. As of right now, I figure their values should be similar. Who would you rather have... Coleman or Moncrief?
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:31 am

Give me moncrief. There is no better situation for moncriefs skill set than indi. As for Perfect, why would u call out someone for valuing moncrief around 1.1 and then say something as assinign as I would take a similar talent at 2.4? Who is that player? I will trade out of my 1.3 spot for him.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Yomgui
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Yomgui » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:43 am

I have seen much more ridiculous comments on this forum that someone saying that Moncrief is worth more than 1.02 so I don't quite get why some guys find this ridiculous.

Moncrief showed some good chemistry with Luck, he is the RZ guy, has played well, made progress last year and I am more confident that he can become a solid WR 2 than I would be with Coleman/Doctson.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:14 am

Coogan's valuation is correct. 1.05 is roughly correct. Elliott, Doctson, Treadwell, and Coleman are all better options from this class.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Hambone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hambone » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:16 am

skip wrote:Coogan's valuation is correct. 1.05 is roughly correct. Elliott, Doctson, Treadwell, and Coleman are all better options from this class.
They are? Says who? I agree Elliott is, but the others are up for debate.

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:19 am

MrPerfect wrote:
Betterthanyou wrote:Nope I agree with the above. I'd have to seriously think about it if I got offered the 1.1 for him. Then it would come down to team needs and the team I have him I need receivers, not Elliot. So I'd stick with Moncrief.
So if moncrief was in this draft you would take him 1.1? lmfao
:liar: :liar: :liar:

These comments are why this board needs guys like me.

Moncrief is not a difference maker, he is just a good WR who has not even done anything to warrant this type of praise. He wasnt even praised this much coming out of college and has not even shown he can be a superstar given his time in the nfl already.

1.1 for moncrief isnt even a reasonable discussion and defeats the purpose of any real discussion because no one is getting a true sense of his value with those type of comments. Because "you" like him doesnt make him worth that. I wish I had moncrief, I would send him to you in a heartbeat for 1.1 and draft someone similar to Moncrief with 2.4.

Not to mention he already has foot issues, and is not 100% according to him.

Wow someone's very cocksure huh. We need guys like you? Is that right? People have differing opinions dude.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:24 am

Hambone wrote:
skip wrote:Coogan's valuation is correct. 1.05 is roughly correct. Elliott, Doctson, Treadwell, and Coleman are all better options from this class.
They are? Says who? I agree Elliott is, but the others are up for debate.
So if you agree with one but not the others, why? What makes Elliott the only one better in your eyes? I see 3 potential #1 WRs in the others on their respective teams with a ton of upside. Moncrief is a #2 WR.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.