Freeman versus Helu

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Freeman versus Helu

Postby ddog2303 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Devante Frreeman vs Roy Helu. I have Latavius Murray and Freeman. He has Coleman and Helu. He has offered me a straight up trade Freeman for Helu. This is obviously a dynasty league and I consider myself an experienced owner but I'm entirely torn on what to do. Any opinions?
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Freeman versus Helu

Postby ddog2303 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm

This probably seems like a useless question. Both players will be depth players and handcuffs to start with. I realize this. Just hoping to get some opinions
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:22 pm

It makes sense for both of you, though Freeman is higher rated per ADP and just the overall consensus I would assume. He is technically the starter as of now or at least in a close to even split which most assume Coleman will take over. Helu will maybe be a starter if Murray gets hurt or sucks, and that's not speaking of TRich (sad to say). So you are not getting the better end of the deal on paper. Helu is a nice sleeper though. It's almost like a stalemate, do you both hold tight and hope your guy gets the gig or gains some steam? Then the other is at your mercy. I think I would hold tight if I were you, your guy is in a little better position as previously stated, though not be a whole lot really.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Douce786
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Douce786 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 am

I am in the same boat as well being a Freeman owner. I believe he has value and would even be a flex play if he was forced into 3rd down role. I am debating trading him to the Coleman owner who also owns several other rookie RBs and see what I can get, but I just don't know if it is worth it.
12 Team (.5PPR) 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX 1DEF - YEAR 6

QB: Winston, Cousins
RB: Freeman, Miller, Coleman, Ajayi, Burkhead, Breida, Michel
WR: Antonio Brown, AJG, Jeffery, Dez, Woods, Gabriel, Taylor
TE: Kelce Jonnu Smith

12 Team Standard 1QB 2RB 2WR 1 TE 2FLX 1DEF 1K - YEAR 3-2016 Champ :dance:

QB: Brady, Dak
RB: Freeman, Murrary, McCoy, AP, Damien Williams, Samuels
WR: Hopkins, Evans, ARob, Keenan Allen, Moore, Golladay,
TE: Jimmy, Njoku, Jonnu,

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:27 am

I own both. I actually like the Freeman/Coleman pairing better than Murray/Helu, due to 1) Shanahan and 2) them not being on the Raiders. Any chance he'd flip you Coleman for Latavius?

I think Helu is the most talented of the bunch, however. The Raiders will be using a hurry up offense, Carr loves his checkdowns, so I see Helu getting a lot of the volume that went to Rivera last year. But since he's approaching you, and right now Freeman is the putative starter while Helu is the putative backup, any chance you could get him to include a pick (2nd might be pushing it, but why not ask)? You could make the argument above to get him to sweeten the deal.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm

ddog2303 wrote:This probably seems like a useless question. Both players will be depth players and handcuffs to start with. I realize this. Just hoping to get some opinions
I disagree...as a Raider fan, it would not surprise me at all if half way through the year Helu was the Raiders lead back.....Murray is injury prone, and run high at 6 ft 2....I have serious doubts he will be a starter for 16 games....
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Dookmariot wrote:I own both. I actually like the Freeman/Coleman pairing better than Murray/Helu, due to 1) Shanahan and 2) them not being on the Raiders. Any chance he'd flip you Coleman for Latavius?

I think Helu is the most talented of the bunch, however. The Raiders will be using a hurry up offense, Carr loves his checkdowns, so I see Helu getting a lot of the volume that went to Rivera last year. But since he's approaching you, and right now Freeman is the putative starter while Helu is the putative backup, any chance you could get him to include a pick (2nd might be pushing it, but why not ask)? You could make the argument above to get him to sweeten the deal.
I also agree with this...but I think Carr "loves his check downs", because he was a rookie, thrust into a new offence, coming from a spread based system, and had literally zero talent at the WR/TE position to throw to on top of that....I think that as he becomes more comfortable, and has a receiver(Cooper?) or receivers that can gain separation, he will push the ball down the field more....that being said...the Raiders will be throwing a lot in the 2nd half until they improve on defense, and Helu is a good weapon in that scenario...I also think he's an underrated runner, and with less competition, and a new scene, could end up having the most touches by years end...
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Helu should be starting for an NFL team. Freeman should not be. Since you have L. Murray I think that swap is a no brainer.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Freeman.

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:35 am

Helu, I think he will actually have a good chance to compete. If Murray doesn't produce over the first few games, enter Helu :!:
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds