C. Hyde/C. Michael

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
GLCLINE
Rookie
Rookie

C. Hyde/C. Michael

Postby GLCLINE » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Thoughts on C. Hyde and C. Michael. If Michael was in this rookie draft would he be higher than Hyde? Is Michael worth more than a 1.03 in this rookie draft?

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: C. Hyde/C. Michael

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Seeing as both have a better chance at contributing in 2015 rather than 2014, i think it's a matter of preference. They play in the same division so that's a wash, each has a younger team with a solid O-line, and each has a semi-mobile QB who's still learning to be a top notch QB and both are playing behind aging all-pro's. Although Gore is 31 and Lynch is technically only 28, but the carries add up. Again, many similarities.

Looking at their combine measurables:
Michael: 5'10", 220lbs, 4.54 40, 27 reps, 43in vert, 6.69 3-cone drill
Hyde: 6'0", 230 lbs, 4.66 40, 19 reps, 34.5 vert, didn't do 3 cone drill

Hyde is a little bigger back, but Michael is clearly the more explosive back. In this situation, I think you have to watch the tape and figure out which one you think has the individual qualities to be a high performing RB. To me, that's Michael. His explosion is clear when you watch him play and it get's you excited. Hyde is a pounding back, but he doesn't do much that makes you go "WOW". He may very well be a top 15 back if he's given 15-20 carries a game, but I'd take a chance on Michael being a top 5 guy as he has the talent to do so, which I don't think Hyde does.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:23 pm

KCLep20 wrote:Seeing as both have a better chance at contributing in 2015 rather than 2014, i think it's a matter of preference. They play in the same division so that's a wash, each has a younger team with a solid O-line, and each has a semi-mobile QB who's still learning to be a top notch QB and both are playing behind aging all-pro's. Although Gore is 31 and Lynch is technically only 28, but the carries add up. Again, many similarities.

Looking at their combine measurables:
Michael: 5'10", 220lbs, 4.54 40, 27 reps, 43in vert, 6.69 3-cone drill
Hyde: 6'0", 230 lbs, 4.66 40, 19 reps, 34.5 vert, didn't do 3 cone drill

Hyde is a little bigger back, but Michael is clearly the more explosive back. In this situation, I think you have to watch the tape and figure out which one you think has the individual qualities to be a high performing RB. To me, that's Michael. His explosion is clear when you watch him play and it get's you excited. Hyde is a pounding back, but he doesn't do much that makes you go "WOW". He may very well be a top 15 back if he's given 15-20 carries a game, but I'd take a chance on Michael being a top 5 guy as he has the talent to do so, which I don't think Hyde does.
Only thing that scares me about Michael is that he's never been able to shoulder a lead backs carries. Otherwise it's easily Michael, and that's tough for me to say as a Niner's fan.

DAG
Captain
Captain

Postby DAG » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:53 am

you have to say Michael even if you are not sold on him. his value is so hyped right now you have to take him based on that alone
Krispy Kareem Donuts

12 team 22 man roster .5 ppr std 6 pt td for all. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, ST

Goff, Mariota
Mack, K Hunt, J Adams, A Jones, J Richard, I Smith, E McGuire, Lynch, Ballage
M Thomas, Godwin, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Doctson, T Smith, D Parker, Kumerow
Kittle, Herndon

Doggie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Doggie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:32 pm

I might not be a lot of help here. I couldn't choose between them. So, in my two most recent drafts I took both.

For what it's worth, each time I took Michael then Hyde

If there are two upcoming RB's I wouldn't want to miss out on, it's the 49ers and Seahawk RB's

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 pm

on value alone...i thought i would put this trade that i accepted a few weeks ago out there. had not previously been approached by this owner about michael, this just showed up in my trade box. i accepted, but did consider declining. i thought to myself if your going to sell michael, what more could i possibly expect to get.

gave michael
received hyde and sankey.

Football_Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Football_Guy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:33 pm

I'd take Hyde, I know Michael is a hot name in dynasty leagues and he has a clearer path than Hyde does to a starting job (Hunter and Lattimore). But Lynch is three years younger than Gore and could be playing in 2015, 2016 and maybe beyond. And I personally don't buy that the talk that Seattle will be a RB by comittee this year, not if Lynch is as dominant as he's been.
10 team PPR league (QB) (RB) (RB) (RB/WR) (WR) (WR) (WR/TE) (TE) (K) (DST)
QB-Andrew Luck Eli Manning Alex Smith Geno Smith
RB-Todd Gurley Carlos Hyde Alfred Morris Mark Ingram Gio Benard Isiah Crowell
WR-Julio Jones Demaryius Thomas Sammy Watkins Jarvis Landry Torrey Smith Brandon Lafell Phillip Dorsett Josh Huff
TE-Zach Ertz Dwayne Allen Eric Ebron
DST-Houston Carolina
K-Adam Vinatieri

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:33 pm

sloth8u wrote:on value alone...i thought i would put this trade that i accepted a few weeks ago out there. had not previously been approached by this owner about michael, this just showed up in my trade box. i accepted, but did consider declining. i thought to myself if your going to sell michael, what more could i possibly expect to get.

gave michael
received hyde and sankey.
i would also have taken this all day, every day. Well done.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

jpatern21
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jpatern21 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Football_Guy wrote:I'd take Hyde, I know Michael is a hot name in dynasty leagues and he has a clearer path than Hyde does to a starting job (Hunter and Lattimore). But Lynch is three years younger than Gore and could be playing in 2015, 2016 and maybe beyond. And I personally don't buy that the talk that Seattle will be a RB by comittee this year, not if Lynch is as dominant as he's been.
I don't disagree that Lynch will still be playing the next few years but I don't see him in Seattle. Salary will be high and they will need to pay RWill. I think Christine is the man there next season. It's tough to put a ton of money in an aging rb with a ton of mileage.

Football_Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Football_Guy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:44 pm

jpatern21 wrote:
Football_Guy wrote:I'd take Hyde, I know Michael is a hot name in dynasty leagues and he has a clearer path than Hyde does to a starting job (Hunter and Lattimore). But Lynch is three years younger than Gore and could be playing in 2015, 2016 and maybe beyond. And I personally don't buy that the talk that Seattle will be a RB by comittee this year, not if Lynch is as dominant as he's been.
I don't disagree that Lynch will still be playing the next few years but I don't see him in Seattle. Salary will be high and they will need to pay RWill. I think Christine is the man there next season. It's tough to put a ton of money in an aging rb with a ton of mileage.
I try not to build my fantasy teams around star players who "might be" potential salary cap casualties somewhere down the road. BUT to each their own...
10 team PPR league (QB) (RB) (RB) (RB/WR) (WR) (WR) (WR/TE) (TE) (K) (DST)
QB-Andrew Luck Eli Manning Alex Smith Geno Smith
RB-Todd Gurley Carlos Hyde Alfred Morris Mark Ingram Gio Benard Isiah Crowell
WR-Julio Jones Demaryius Thomas Sammy Watkins Jarvis Landry Torrey Smith Brandon Lafell Phillip Dorsett Josh Huff
TE-Zach Ertz Dwayne Allen Eric Ebron
DST-Houston Carolina
K-Adam Vinatieri