Poll: Darren McFadden or David Wilson?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Darren McFadden or David Wilson?

Darren McFadden
30%
David Wilson
70%

Total votes: 47

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Poll: Darren McFadden or David Wilson?

Postby Team Tacos » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

Wilson has been handed the #1 RB role but Andre Brown is lurking. The Giants love a timeshare, but Wilson has homerun potential. McFadden is the unquestioned #1 guy in Oakland, but past injury issues and last year hang over him. I love them both. This is for team 2 in my signature, where I'm trying to decide on my 3rd keeper. Wilson is 22 and McFadden is 25.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

FantasyBandit
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Poll: Darren McFadden or David Wilson?

Postby FantasyBandit » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Wilson for me.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Wilson, and not remotely close. Andre Brown doesn't scare me. He might steal some points from him this year, but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 am

As a McFadden owner it pains me to say, but I have to go with Wilson just because of how frail DMC is and how terrible the raiders are. I can only hope that DMC performs this year and a contending team signs him next year. But Wilson has Eli and the talent to produce, even with ABrown culturing some goal line TDs.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 am

In a 3-keeper, I'd go MJD. Definitely project him higher than Wilson this year, and I'm not worried about future production very much at all in a 3-keeper.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Jules wrote:In a 3-keeper, I'd go MJD. Definitely project him higher than Wilson this year, and I'm not worried about future production very much at all in a 3-keeper.
The state of MJDs foot injury concerns me though. Plus, he's reportedly shown up to camp "out of shape."

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Team Tacos wrote:
Jules wrote:In a 3-keeper, I'd go MJD. Definitely project him higher than Wilson this year, and I'm not worried about future production very much at all in a 3-keeper.
The state of MJDs foot injury concerns me though. Plus, he's reportedly shown up to camp "out of shape."
I can see being concerned about the foot injury, but the "out of shape" news is from April. He'll be ready.
[MJD] was admittedly out of shape when the team's offseason program began in April, but looked to be in considerably better shape when he returned for a three-day minicamp earlier this month.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-charges ... --nfl.html
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm

KCLep20 wrote:As a McFadden owner it pains me to say, but I have to go with Wilson just because of how frail DMC is and how terrible the raiders are. I can only hope that DMC performs this year and a contending team signs him next year. But Wilson has Eli and the talent to produce, even with ABrown culturing some goal line TDs.
Yeah for me this argument works against MJD and RunDMC. Great talents on crappy teams.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:51 am

Another element in this equation is my Hokie homerism. Yes I love my Hokies. But what is strange about this is that I've seen David Wilson take huge yard losses trying to get creative, I've seen the mistakes he can make in a game (like running backwards for 20+ yards in a bowl game against Michigan putting us out of field goal range), but I also believe if there's a disciplinarian coach who can turn him around, it's Coughlin. The David Wilson hype seems to ebb and flow this offseason and is probably effecting me more than I'd like to admit. However, I do know that the Giants love him, and have even heard people in the organization say that they've never had a back like him. I do love me some RunDMC though, so I'm sure this will come down to a last minute decision before the keeper deadline.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:36 am

i play keeper leagues and i dont really look at future potential much either, especially in a 1,2,3 keeper. (when i get into my keep 7, i start valuing it alot more) you may look into keeping 3rb's..you have 4 and i may narrow those down to 3 and keep them. i see you are keeping harvin as of now. imo wilson spreads the ball around like a vet and harvin is being put on a pedestal that he likely wont achieve. dont get me wrong, i would love to own him, but martin and any of your other 3 rb's would probably be the way i lean, and then draft wr early. i just dont trust the giants rb's. seems to me like they have never put a guy in the top 10. i like wilson, but realisticaly we havent really seen much except for 1 game from him, and if brown steals the td's, you may be looking at a top 25 finish, not a top 10. just my two cents, but with mcfadden, mjd, and martin you have workhorse's.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:00 pm

I could get by saying that McFadden has a higher ceiling than Wilson, as i think he is actually a very talented player. However, he has proven year over year that he isn't durable. You can't produce if you aren't playing. Throw in age, and gamebreaking ability for Wilson, and i'll take him every time. I also think you would be able to turn him around for more in future trades.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 am

Wilson's YPC has been inflated by a few huge runs, but I know he's got talent. If Vonta Leach ends up on the Giants, that could be great for Wilson...