Martin or Murray?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
drobes
Starter
Starter

Martin or Murray?

Postby drobes » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:12 am

Who do you like more in a non-PPR? Martin or Murray? I may have an opportunity to chose between these guys and I'm kind of on the fence.

screamingevils4
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Martin or Murray?

Postby screamingevils4 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 am

Murray has had health issues even in college, and Martin is unproven. Murray could possibly be a McFadden situation where if hes healthy you get great return. Martin is receiving a lot of glowing reviews. Greg Schiano will definitely be running the ball a lot. If you have some time to see them in preseason before your draft I would take a look and see which one you like more. Most will go with Murray. I am going to take a chance on Martin.
[/size]Team 1
16 Team ppr league
QB Brady, Schaub, Cassel
RB Ridley, S. Greene, J. Bell, Brandon Jackson, T. Choice, Baron Batch
WR Aj Green, Hakeem Nicks, Kyle Williams, Donnie Avery, Damaris Johnson
TE S. Chandler, Logan Paulsen
K M. Bryant

Def Chargers

Team 2 Mr Cranky Pants and The Blooper Reels
12 Team ppr

QB Luck, Palmer
RB Mathews, Lynch, D. Brown, R.Turbin, Ronnie Hillman
WR AJ Green, Torrey Smith, Brandon Lloyd,Kendall Wright, Alshon Jefferey
TE Gresham, Bennet
K Billy Cundiff
Def Jets, Saints

Team 3 The 5th Downers
10 Team Standard
QB Newton
RB Ray Rice, Doug Martin, DeAngelo Williams, Kendall Hunter, Ryan Williams
WR Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Justin Blackmon
TE Pettigrew, Gresham
K Alex Henery
D/ST Texans, Lions

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:22 am

screamingevils4 wrote:Murray has had health issues even in college, and Martin is unproven. Murray could possibly be a McFadden situation where if hes healthy you get great return. Martin is receiving a lot of glowing reviews. Greg Schiano will definitely be running the ball a lot. If you have some time to see them in preseason before your draft I would take a look and see which one you like more. Most will go with Murray. I am going to take a chance on Martin.

I agree with every word of this. I'd add that while Dallas has the better team, Tampa has the better offensive line, especially for running.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 am

Martin for me...
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Martin.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Martin.

dwruud
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dwruud » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:14 pm

martin.

murray is a older than popular opinion...he also has a TON of milage.

chadtriumph
Starter
Starter

Postby chadtriumph » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 am

dwruud wrote:martin.

Murray is 22, born February 12, 1990- with a total of 759 rushing attempts in 4 years at Oklahoma. Martin is 23, born January 13, 1989- with a total of 617 rushing attempts in 4 years at Boise State. I honestly think that some people don't even watch college football.... and think that these players magically appear come NFL draft day. :wall:

And to address the aversive statement that Murray was injury prone back in college- He hurt his knee, a dislocated kneecap to be exact, late in his 2007 redshirt freshman year. Then came back in 2008 and pulled his hammy during the BIG 12 championship game to only miss the BCS championship game because of the hammy injury. Missing only a total of 4 games in 4 years, and that came in his early college career, is far from the cries of most about him being injury prone throughout college.

Niceguy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Niceguy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:39 am

Chadtriumph, what a logical and factual post. I love when people dispel popular myth with facts. Kudos to you sir.
8 Team PPR: Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP Flex
Initial season 2011 - Champs 2011|2013|2019|2021 - Runner up 2020|2022
QB: Lamar, Dak, Herbert, Jordan Love, Bryce Young
RB: Chubb, Swift, Mixon, Montgomery, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, Tyjae, Miles Sanders, Deuce Vaughn,
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Brown, Pittman, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, Christian Watson, Godwin, QJ, Rashee Rice
TE: Kelce, Taysom
K:
EDR/IL: TJW, Parsons
LB: Zaire, K Murray, Okereke, Quay, Lloyd, Hicks
DB: Whitehead,

10 Team PPR league: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 Superflex, 1 D/ST
Initial Season: 2013 - Champs 2014|2016 - Runner up 2022
QB: Dak, Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Trey Lance
RB: Achane, Brian Robinson, Chuba, James Conner, Pierce, Akers
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Pittman, DK Metcalf, Nacua, Godwin, JuJu, Kyle Philips, Tillman
TE: Kittle, McBride, Michael Mayer, Musgrave, Ertz
D/ST: Green Bay

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 pm

chadtriumph wrote:

Murray is 22, born February 12, 1990- with a total of 759 rushing attempts in 4 years at Oklahoma. Martin is 23, born January 13, 1989- with a total of 617 rushing attempts in 4 years at Boise State. I honestly think that some people don't even watch college football.... and think that these players magically appear come NFL draft day. :wall:

And to address the aversive statement that Murray was injury prone back in college- He hurt his knee, a dislocated kneecap to be exact, late in his 2007 redshirt freshman year. Then came back in 2008 and pulled his hammy during the BIG 12 championship game to only miss the BCS championship game because of the hammy injury. Missing only a total of 4 games in 4 years, and that came in his early college career, is far from the cries of most about him being injury prone throughout college.
Where are you getting your information? Both Rotoworld and Wikipedia have Murray as 24 years old, born February 12th 1988 in Las Vegas, NV.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm

he was born in 1988. he is 24 yrs old.

anyway, i dont know how many times people have spouted off about him being injury prone, and i post in return that he only missed 4 games in college, and that his ankle break was a injury that would happen to anyone in that situation. i dont understand the big deal. missing 4 games in 4 years of college does not seem like that big of an issue to me. he got dinged up here and there, but in college he always played through it and was productive. shrug.

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Niceguy wrote:Chadtriumph, what a logical and factual post. I love when people dispel popular myth with facts. Kudos to you sir.
Actually the post wasn't factual at all. Sometimes google lets people down. I honestly don't know if some people watch college football.

Regardless I'd take Murray, he's proved he can do it. His injury wasn't a nagging injury or an ACL. He broke his ankle on a freak play.
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

chadtriumph
Starter
Starter

Postby chadtriumph » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Captainzach1 wrote:
Niceguy wrote:Chadtriumph, what a logical and factual post. I love when people dispel popular myth with facts. Kudos to you sir.
Actually the post wasn't factual at all. Sometimes google lets people down. I honestly don't know if some people watch college football.

Regardless I'd take Murray, he's proved he can do it. His injury wasn't a nagging injury or an ACL. He broke his ankle on a freak play.
Wow. You have pie all over your face right now. He broke his ankle last year with the Cowboys, not in college. He hurt his knee his freshman year with Oklahoma, try watching a wee bit more football, my friend.

I would like to know what else in my post "wasn't factual at all" besides the birth date mix up??
Last edited by chadtriumph on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chadtriumph
Starter
Starter

Postby chadtriumph » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

drobes wrote:
chadtriumph wrote:

Where are you getting your information? Both Rotoworld and Wikipedia have Murray as 24 years old, born February 12th 1988 in Las Vegas, NV.
Yeah- I fudged up the birth date, completely mistaken. I saw it when I was checking on what game he dislocated his kneecap his freshman year and I ran across the wrong date on an old profootballtalk article

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:38 pm

chadtriumph wrote:
Captainzach1 wrote:

Wow. You have pie all over your face right now. He broke his ankle last year with the Cowboys, not in college. He hurt his knee his freshman year with Oklahoma, try watching a wee bit more football, my friend.

I would like to know what else in my post "wasn't factual at all" besides the birth date mix up??

I'm not sure where in my post I said anything about him breaking his ankle in college. I figured everyone would ASSUME I was talking about the injury he's currently coming back from.

Now I know I was being a sarcastic bleep in my post, but come on you're a florida fan, I gotta jump on a Florida fan any chance I get, it's not like my Vols have jumping all over Florida.
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08