Logan Thomas

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
FantasyFootballTeam
Role Player
Role Player

Logan Thomas

Postby FantasyFootballTeam » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:16 pm

'Experts" have him ranked as a Top 8 TE this year in redraft and he's been moving up the draft boards during the off-season.

He was second in targets last year behind McLaurin but now they've added Curtis Samuel and Dyami Brown. Fitzmagic is an upgrade at QB but not known for throwing to his TE's and Thomas wasn't very efficient last year either.

Will his fantasy production be as good as it was as the end of last year?
8 Team PPR 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, FLEX, 5 Bench

QB - Mahomes, Prescott, Carr
RB - R. Stevenson, A.Jones, A. Kamara, K. Herbert
WR - Adams, Diggs, Godwin, Hollywood , JuJu
TE - Kittle, Waller, Higbee
TAXI - Brian Robinson, J. Warren

Picks
23' 1st, 3rd, 3rd
24' 2nd
25' 1st and 2nd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Logan Thomas

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:49 pm

He could still finish in the top 10 but I think his production will go down. I'm guessing TE 6 - 10 type of finish.

DrowningInTheDays
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DrowningInTheDays » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:17 am

I wouldn't go off of what Fitz did in Miami as he's in a different offensive system in Washington. If anything, I think Logan will get more redzone targets this year than he did a season ago even if his overall reception count goes down a bit.

That said, I'm not sure if he's a top 5 TE this year. That seems a bit high for me but he has the potential to finish top 10. Which, would make him a valuable asset to have at tight end, especially in TE premium leagues.
10 Team PPR MFL TE Premium
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K
2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex

QB: Allen, Watson, Rodgers, Love
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, J. Cook, Herbert, Ky. Williams, Ford
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Metcalf, London, Gabe Davis, Mike Williams, Marshall, Parker, V. Jones, Hamler
TE: Kittle, Kmet, Njoku, Jordan, Bellinger, Otton
K: McPherson
DL: Burns, Rousseau
LB: Ro. Smith, Franklin, Evans, Barton, Luvu, Werner, Morrow
DB: M. Williams, Jenkins, Gardner-Johnson, Owens, Cine

2023 Picks: None
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th

greekhero46
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby greekhero46 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:28 am

He is this year's Tyler Higbee. I won't be touching him.

He's 30.

He failed with the Cardinals and Bills...who sure could have used a tight end. I'll give him a pass on Detroit because of Hockenson, but...still wasn't a factor there.

It took a combo of Haskins/Alex Smith/Kyle Allen/Taylor Heinicke to make him relevant. Doesn't that read like a list of QBs that just didn't want to target downfield? Meanwhile the Football Team has brought in Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, wants to get Gibson more involved in the pass game, drafted Gandy-Golden last year. This is not a team that wants Thomas to be a focal point.

Could he finish Top 10? Of course, after the Top 5 or so its a crapshoot, but I'm just unwilling to pay.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:19 pm

greekhero46 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:28 am He is this year's Tyler Higbee. I won't be touching him.

He's 30.

This is not a team that wants Thomas to be a focal point.

Could he finish Top 10? Of course, after the Top 5 or so its a crapshoot, but I'm just unwilling to pay.
Except for the big contract extension them gave him. At his retraft price point (9/10 rd) I'm buying
otherwise the rest of your post reads about how I feel about Mike Davis
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Thomas got and extension and is much more athletic than Higbee. I think he's a TE 1 again this year. Maybe lower than top 5, but he should produce.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:50 pm Thomas got and extension and is much more athletic than Higbee. I think he's a TE 1 again this year. Maybe lower than top 5, but he should produce.
TE 5-7

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:12 am

His success was almost solely because of the high # of targets. The targets will go down therefore we should expect lower production totals. I'm not buying him as a Top 8 TE. Curtis Samuel is getting attention in that offense.

Even if Thomas is that Top 8 TE the experts are saying he is... The TE8 just isn't a difference maker in fantasy football these days. The TE6 barely is.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:49 pm He could still finish in the top 10 but I think his production will go down. I'm guessing TE 6 - 10 type of finish.
x2. I think we saw his peak last year.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:17 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:12 am His success was almost solely because of the high # of targets. The targets will go down therefore we should expect lower production totals. I'm not buying him as a Top 8 TE. Curtis Samuel is getting attention in that offense.

Even if Thomas is that Top 8 TE the experts are saying he is... The TE8 just isn't a difference maker in fantasy football these days. The TE6 barely is.
That depends on your league size, it only takes 0.01 to win or lose a game.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:34 pm

millworkguy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:17 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:12 am His success was almost solely because of the high # of targets. The targets will go down therefore we should expect lower production totals. I'm not buying him as a Top 8 TE. Curtis Samuel is getting attention in that offense.

You can use that point for literally anyone... TE premium is starting the become the standard and I only play in bigger leagues.

All that does for me is widen the gap between the elite Top 3 and all the rest. Hence why I've been ignoring the TE position and eating up all the midround WR value instead. Seems to be working for me.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:47 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:34 pm
millworkguy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:17 am

You can use that point for literally anyone... TE premium is starting the become the standard and I only play in bigger leagues.

All that does for me is widen the gap between the elite Top 3 and all the rest. Hence why I've been ignoring the TE position and eating up all the midround WR value instead. Seems to be working for me.
Except you haven't played a game yet, so you really don't know if its "been working for you" it's just your strategy

Logan at te3 would have been rb 12 last season where te 8 was about rb22, yes there are a bunch of te's in the 2nd tier but if been seeing all of them go between rounds 6-8
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 am

Take this for what its worth, I'm a diehard Skins fan, follow their forums and all the training camp reports from fans there watching are incredibly encouraging. They say he looks like he's taken a huge step forward and Fitz is targeting him more than anyone else in red zone plays. I think he's top 5 this year, I really do. That dominant defense will ensure they have a lot of possessions, and as others have said, Fitzmagic will be a HUGE boom to all the Redskins offensive players (last year we had the worst QBr BY FAR in the entire league) Fitz doesn't have to be Brady, he just needs to be average, and it will make a huge difference. I'd be buying if the price was reasonable.

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:17 am

to put in perspective, I'm doing a best ball PPR redraft right now, and I took Thomas in the 8th round, over WRs like Gallup, Cooks, AB, and even ahead of Fant. I really do think he's one of those mid round gems that will be on a lot of league winners rosters this year. He finished 4th last year in our scoring, top 3 since week 6 when he started producing every single week.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:57 am

Buckhill Bombers wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 am Take this for what its worth, I'm a diehard Skins fan, follow their forums and all the training camp reports from fans there watching are incredibly encouraging. They say he looks like he's taken a huge step forward and Fitz is targeting him more than anyone else in red zone plays. I think he's top 5 this year, I really do. That dominant defense will ensure they have a lot of possessions, and as others have said, Fitzmagic will be a HUGE boom to all the Redskins offensive players (last year we had the worst QBr BY FAR in the entire league) Fitz doesn't have to be Brady, he just needs to be average, and it will make a huge difference. I'd be buying if the price was reasonable.
I don't think people watched him much last year. He's really good.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick