Logan Thomas

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Logan Thomas

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:57 am
Buckhill Bombers wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 am Take this for what its worth, I'm a diehard Skins fan, follow their forums and all the training camp reports from fans there watching are incredibly encouraging. They say he looks like he's taken a huge step forward and Fitz is targeting him more than anyone else in red zone plays. I think he's top 5 this year, I really do. That dominant defense will ensure they have a lot of possessions, and as others have said, Fitzmagic will be a HUGE boom to all the Redskins offensive players (last year we had the worst QBr BY FAR in the entire league) Fitz doesn't have to be Brady, he just needs to be average, and it will make a huge difference. I'd be buying if the price was reasonable.
I don't think people watched him much last year. He's really good.
Yes, he def moves around like a next tier guy. Like a Goedert.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:37 pm

millworkguy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:47 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:34 pm
millworkguy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:17 am

That depends on your league size, it only takes 0.01 to win or lose a game.
You can use that point for literally anyone... TE premium is starting the become the standard and I only play in bigger leagues.

All that does for me is widen the gap between the elite Top 3 and all the rest. Hence why I've been ignoring the TE position and eating up all the midround WR value instead. Seems to be working for me.
Except you haven't played a game yet, so you really don't know if its "been working for you" it's just your strategy

Logan at te3 would have been rb 12 last season where te 8 was about rb22, yes there are a bunch of te's in the 2nd tier but if been seeing all of them go between rounds 6-8
This has always been the way I've played. I usually make the playoffs barring any freak injuries. Logan Thomas looked great last year. He was a truck. However, he was also wide open on some busted plays and it wasn't due to elite route running and separation. He was playing in the worst divison against some of the worst defenses and overall teams in the league.

Here's another thing of mine I don't like to see:

The guy came out of *no where.*

That in itself is a red flag. I don't trust it. And people can point to every other late breakout TE in history, wouldn't change my mind, cuz for every Waller there's 1000 TEs that have failed to live up to expectations and a lot of them get injured.

By the time I look at TEs it's usually waiver wire time. I'm perfectly fine with that and it does not worry me one bit if my bench is 3-4 guys deep before I even think of drafting a TE in today's NFL.

By draft time, judging by the look of these posts, it wouldn't surprise me if he creeps into the 7th round and I'm wayyy out at that price. The hype is getting too rich for my blood.

If you think he's approaching any where close to where he was on what I suspect to be significantly less targets then be my guest.

I firmly believe Fitz is feeding the ball to his wideouts and pushing the ball down field like he always does, INTs and all.

Tecmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tecmo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:23 pm

Logan Thomas or Robert Tonyan PPR - this season ?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:02 am

Tecmo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:23 pm Logan Thomas or Robert Tonyan PPR - this season ?
I prefer Thomas.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:27 pm

greekhero46 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:28 am He is this year's Tyler Higbee. I won't be touching him.

He's 30.

He failed with the Cardinals and Bills...who sure could have used a tight end. I'll give him a pass on Detroit because of Hockenson, but...still wasn't a factor there.

It took a combo of Haskins/Alex Smith/Kyle Allen/Taylor Heinicke to make him relevant. Doesn't that read like a list of QBs that just didn't want to target downfield? Meanwhile the Football Team has brought in Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, wants to get Gibson more involved in the pass game, drafted Gandy-Golden last year. This is not a team that wants Thomas to be a focal point.

Could he finish Top 10? Of course, after the Top 5 or so its a crapshoot, but I'm just unwilling to pay.
I wouldn't say he failed. He was a college QB. Turned to TE as a pro. Had to rebuild body type and learn how to "kinda" block. Top-8 isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

That said, I just traded him for the 2.04.