Big Ben vs Fitzmagic

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather have JUST FOR 2021?

Ben Roethlisberger
39%
Ryan Fitzpatrick
61%

Total votes: 23

ImNotInYourLeague?
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Big Ben vs Fitzmagic

Postby ImNotInYourLeague? » Thu May 13, 2021 4:11 pm

12 team 1QB league. Currently in my rookie/free agent draft. My only QB's are Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence. I'm obviously planning as if I won't have Watson for 2021, and I don't want to go into the season with just Lawrence. So I want to pick someone up at the end of our draft (7th round) that I can use JUST FOR 2021 if needed. I fully expect Watson back by 2022. Which QB would you rather have, just for 2021?

Ben Roethlisberger
or
Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Big Ben vs Fitzmagic

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu May 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Seems weird saying this for some reason, but I think I'd rather Fitzpatrick.

Ben really looked kinda gassed at the end of last season. Granted, they should have an improved running game, and maybe that will take some of the pressure off? Fitzpatrick will make boneheaded decisions from time to time, but he's shown to be pretty solid. Just not spectacular. A case could be made for either I suppose.

If you're talking about grabbing a guy at the end of the draft, maybe just see which (if not both) are available? It's possible the decision will be made for you if another owner needs a hedge at QB.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:33 pm

I lean Fitz also. Same reasons as above^

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu May 13, 2021 11:40 pm

I chose Fitzgadget, but I'm a little worried about that decision.

I remember in 2020 redraft leagues, everyone was fading Aaron Rodgers because he had a subpar 2019 season. People thought age had caught up with him and he was on the decline. Then BAM, he has an MVP 2021 season and led some lucky owners to a championship.

I know Ben is two years older and has had a couple more injuries, but I wonder if he has a similar burst left in his tank. I probably won't draft him, but I don't think it's too far-fetched to think he might have a bounceback top10 season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 14, 2021 2:05 am

i really like fitzmagic, but i'd go with ben for a one year rental. he wasn't playing well towards the end of the season, but still finished with 33 TDs and 10 INTs, and he has a much stronger hold on the starting job. if the fitz has one of his 4 INTs games, they might give heinicke (or even allen) a go. might not even be the starter to begin the season (i think he will, but it's not a lock).

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 14, 2021 4:04 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:05 am i really like fitzmagic, but i'd go with ben for a one year rental. he wasn't playing well towards the end of the season, but still finished with 33 TDs and 10 INTs, and he has a much stronger hold on the starting job. if the fitz has one of his 4 INTs games, they might give heinicke (or even allen) a go. might not even be the starter to begin the season (i think he will, but it's not a lock).
I voted fitz, but the logic above makes a lot of sense. Most likely, the only way Ben isn’t starting is if he’s injured. If I was certain both would start all games this year then I think Fitz has the higher upside, but is not given and I think Ftiz has more paths to the Bench then Ben does.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri May 14, 2021 6:09 am

I expect a bigger games from Fitzpatrick overall but fewer ups and downs with Big Ben.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri May 14, 2021 11:26 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:09 am I expect a bigger games from Fitzpatrick overall but fewer ups and downs with Big Ben.
This is my thinking. Fitz could get you a bunch of huge games, but there will be 3 or 4 INT duds sprinkled in. Big Ben will have a much safer weekly floor which is what I would be looking for in my backup QB.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Sun May 16, 2021 6:51 pm

Fitz