Kylin hill/gainwell

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Kylin hill/gainwell

Postby Zhoward88 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am

Who do you prefer and why? Seems like both are gaining steam like most RBs do this time of year.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Kylin hill/gainwell

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:19 pm

I just wrote about both of these guys.

Gainwell had an ADP of RB4 last time I checked, coming in around the early 2nd in rookie drafts. He's only 5'8" and didn't play at all last year, but he's extremely versatile as he lined up in the slot a zillion times in Memphis. That kind of flexibility could make offenses dynamic. I wouldn't expect him to be an every down back, but part of an RBBC or third down back and an interesting RB3 or Flex play with slight upside in PPR leagues.

Hill, on the other hand, might be my 4th ranked RB of this class. My article on him didn't post yet but I can hardly contain my excitement. I love this kid. He's RB10 last I knew, and he's being selected around the middle of the third round. That's crazy good value for someone who's literally the perfect RB size (5'10 214) and has an array of talent that few RBs in the later rounds possess. He still needs to learn patience and to create space to improve his running game between the tackles, but I absolutely LOVE this kid. If his landings spot can give him competition for the starting gig, he'll be a tremendous rookie pick.

EDIT: I forgot to add that Hill is an injury risk. He's had a few in his short college career and that injury prone tag isn't far behind. If it wasn't for that, I'd be rating him even higher.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:51 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:19 pm I just wrote about both of these guys.

Gainwell had an ADP of RB4 last time I checked, coming in around the early 2nd in rookie drafts. He's only 5'8" and didn't play at all last year, but he's extremely versatile as he lined up in the slot a zillion times in Memphis. That kind of flexibility could make offenses dynamic. I wouldn't expect him to be an every down back, but part of an RBBC or third down back and an interesting RB3 or Flex play with slight upside in PPR leagues.

Hill, on the other hand, might be my 4th ranked RB of this class. My article on him didn't post yet but I can hardly contain my excitement. I love this kid. He's RB10 last I knew, and he's being selected around the middle of the third round. That's crazy good value for someone who's literally the perfect RB size (5'10 214) and has an array of talent that few RBs in the later rounds possess. He still needs to learn patience and to create space to improve his running game between the tackles, but I absolutely LOVE this kid. If his landings spot can give him competition for the starting gig, he'll be a tremendous rookie pick.

EDIT: I forgot to add that Hill is an injury risk. He's had a few in his short college career and that injury prone tag isn't far behind. If it wasn't for that, I'd be rating him even higher.
I’m with you on both of these, especially Hill. Man, I just love the way he keeps his legs churning when he gets into traffic. Gives an outstanding dead leg in the open field to elude tacklers. Spends a little more time in the air than I like for a RB. But the size/speed/ability is there if he stays healthy. I agree that he’s the next RB up after the top 3.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:41 pm

I much prefer Hill. He has the frame and I think athleticism to be a 3 down guy if he pans out.

While I do like Gainwell nothing about him screams 3 down guy and for that reason he drops for me in my rankings behind Hill
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 pm

Good stuff. Hill has something about him that makes you want him on the roster. Looks the part. Gainwell is intriguing....but was curious if the consensus was one way or the other. Sounds like it’s hill as of now. Pretty clearly too.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:32 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:19 pm I just wrote about both of these guys.

Who would be a comparable for Hill? I really don't know much about him.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am

I like Hill more as a player and for his price but Gainwell is likely getting day 2 capital while Hill will be day 3. That alone should give the former the edge in rankings

That said I'd rather get a WR at Gainwell's likely ADP+Hill than vice versa

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 am

dvpkwys wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:32 pmWho would be a comparable for Hill? I really don't know much about him.
Honestly, I can't really think of one. Maybe Joe Mixon with more panic. He treats every carry like it's the last one he'll ever have. He can catch out of the backfield, he's extremely shifty, and he's the perfect size for an NFL running back. I really love this kid and hope to get him in several leagues. The worst part about Hill is that his pro day numbers does not match his film. That's usually a red flag, and a big reason why he won't be selected in the first or second rounds.
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 amI like Hill more as a player and for his price but Gainwell is likely getting day 2 capital while Hill will be day 3.
I wouldn't bet on that as I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Hill selected over Gainwell. Gainwell is more of a third down or COP back, is a lot smaller, and only ran the 40 on his pro day. I could see Hill drafted in rounds 3 or 4, and Gainwell in rounds 3-5.

When CEH was the RB5 last year, I wrote in my article that I loved the kid so much that he should be considered to be in the same tier as the other RBs, and his landing spot could make him 1.01. I was picked on a lot for that take but that's exactly what happened. I don't think Hill has the same potential as CEH, but I am 100% all in on Hill if he has a chance to be the lead back on whichever team that drafts him.

Gainwell, on the other hand, will never be more than a flex play in my eyes.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 am When CEH was the RB5 last year, I wrote in my article that I loved the kid so much that he should be considered to be in the same tier as the other RBs, and his landing spot could make him 1.01. I was picked on a lot for that take but that's exactly what happened.
This is a weird victory lap considering CEH is now the RB6 in that class in ADP.

As for Hill- there are several Kylin Hill’s every year- guys with the size and 3 down ability but below average athleticism. Every so often, the right one of them ends up in the right situation and you get Kareem Hunt. Right now I think it’s tough to project without draft capital.

Regarding Gainwell, I don’t think it’s super likely that he becomes a 3 down back, but we know he’s a talented pass catcher. If anything that should create a usable floor.

The interesting thing with Gainwell is that as a sophomore he relegated senior Antonio Gibson to gadget duty. Of course, Gibson was wildly more efficient than Gainwell (and every other player in college football) with those touches, so it’s tough to say what was going on in Memphis, but I’m at least intrigued that this guy shined as a sophomore with an older NFL talent on the roster.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:20 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 am When CEH was the RB5 last year, I wrote in my article that I loved the kid so much that he should be considered to be in the same tier as the other RBs, and his landing spot could make him 1.01. I was picked on a lot for that take but that's exactly what happened.
This is a weird victory lap considering CEH is now the RB6 in that class in ADP.
That's not what I'm trying to say. Pre-draft I said he should be considered part of that top tier, and post-draft he was. FWIW I think that new offensive line will be huge for CEH in year 2.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:11 pm

🍿

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:20 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 am I like Hill more as a player and for his price but Gainwell is likely getting day 2 capital while Hill will be day 3. That alone should give the former the edge in rankings

That said I'd rather get a WR at Gainwell's likely ADP+Hill than vice versa
Good stuff here. Let the draft play out also.