Toney/tylan

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Toney/tylan

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:48 am

Toney if he goes in the back half of the first or early day 2 to a good offense. Toney, Rondale, Waddle, and Smith are the most landing spot dependent WRs to me. I'm out on most of these guys predraft at ADP, however.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:53 am

Tylan Wallace seemed to have some difficulty beating press coverage and failed to get separation down field. However, for a guy who tested poorly in the vertical, he did see a lot of success high pointing contested catches.

Kadarius Toney is a dynamically superior athlete compared to Wallace. Toney played mostly out of the slot so I didn't see him face any press coverage but separation wasn't really an issue with him. Where Toney really excels is after the catch. He has a Devin Hester like burst with a feisty attitude when challenging would be tacklers. Since he is a plus asset in the kick return game he should see a higher draft position and a higher likelihood of being active on game days. Be it a kick return, slant, jet sweep, or receiver screen, Toney is a playmaker with the ball in his hands and always a threat to take it to the house.

I think Toney has a higher likelihood of success in the NFL than Wallace and if I'm on the clock deciding between the two of them, I would easily pick Toney.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:21 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:48 am Toney if he goes in the back half of the first or early day 2 to a good offense. Toney, Rondale, Waddle, and Smith are the most landing spot dependent WRs to me. I'm out on most of these guys predraft at ADP, however.
Landing spots have been solved finally. Hopefully this helps the OP.

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Sun May 02, 2021 5:31 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:21 pm
CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:48 am Toney if he goes in the back half of the first or early day 2 to a good offense. Toney, Rondale, Waddle, and Smith are the most landing spot dependent WRs to me. I'm out on most of these guys predraft at ADP, however.
I was leaning Toney initially obviously...and after the draft....I’m for sure leaning Toney. First round pick, better athleticism, and if Daniel Jones turns the ball over 20 times this year Toney might have a new QB! Hahahhaa want nothing to do with ravens WRs. Please...someone else take tylan.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun May 02, 2021 5:51 am

Zhoward88 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:31 am
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:21 pm
I was leaning Toney initially obviously...and after the draft....I’m for sure leaning Toney. First round pick, better athleticism, and if Daniel Jones turns the ball over 20 times this year Toney might have a new QB! Hahahhaa want nothing to do with ravens WRs. Please...someone else take tylan.
Also just using historical precedence. Round 1 is around a 40-55% hit rate..... day 3 is close to 10% as far as being fantasy relevant goes

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun May 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Yeah it's easily Toney now

Was hoping Tylan would go day 2

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:42 am Tylan Wallace and it’s not close. He’s smooth, makes some great single and double moves, and his concentration in contested catch situations is remarkable. Add his speed and he looks like he belongs as a starting WR.

I initially liked Toney for his superb athleticism and raw imagination with the ball in his hands. Then I watched college tapes of guys who used a lot of shiftiness in college to succeed - Percy Harvin, Barry Sanders, Tyreek Hill etc. You watch those guys and they were so slippery because of their slight and subtle shifts in directions and they were so smooth in how they ran. Watching Toney run is like watching a toy boat in class V rapids or maybe a frog in a blender. He’s shifty as hell, but he’s so all-over-the-place and sloppy. Those other guys were always moving forward and looking for the fastest way to get upfield even when they gave a little ground. With Toney, he’ll give up huge chunks of yards looking for entirely new seams and directions to go. That may work in college where he is so physically superior to opponents, but in the NFL where there won’t be that physicality gap and players are much more disciplined I’m not sure he doesn’t get tackled for losses/small gains often as he makes a play as he gives up ground and backtracks, and he may get creamed on backside pursuit. I see him absolutely frustrating a HC and teammates if he repeatedly gives up first downs in an effort to turn a 7 yd gain into a TD.

If Toney hits he could be huge, but I’ve seen too many of these human joystick type guys fail at the next level to bypass a talent like Wallace for him.
Same stance billy? Tylan Wallace and not even close?
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo