TE ranks: Fant & Goedert

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Dan49erFaithful
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

TE ranks: Fant & Goedert

Postby Dan49erFaithful » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:07 am

I'm curious how you all would rank the TEs outside of the big 4, Kelce, Kittle Waller, and Andrews.

Particularly relating to Fant and Goederts outlook this season. Goedert has flashed the ability to dominate even behind Ertz but underwhelmed this year. Fant has clear physical gifts but is in a bad situation and had durability issues.
Ive got both so im not desperate for TE help, but im not all that comfortable with them either...
Team in sig for reference...
Team 1
8 team, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3Flex. Full PPR.
QB: Mahomes, Dak, Geno, Purdy
RB: Hall, Kyren, K. Mitchell, T Chandler, Dobbins
WR: Puka, Higgins, Aiyuk, Addison, Flowers, Pickens, Hollywood, Downs, J. Williams
TE: Kincaid, Ferguson, J Woods
2024: 1.03, 1.06, 2.01, 2.02, 4.03

Team 2
14 team, SF PPR TE prem
QB: Richardson, Young, Levis, Z Wilson
RB: D Pierce, Elijah Mitchell
WR: D London, Mooney, Rondale Moore, Wandale, Metchie
TE: Hockenson, Juwan Johnson, Parham

Team 3: 🏆
10tm PPR 1QB start 11
QB: Purdy, Love, Levis
RB: Saquan, Pacheco, Swift
WR: Hill, Evans, Cooper, Godwin, Addison, Meyers, Sutton, Doubs, Shaheed
TE: Ferguson
Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: TE ranks: Fant & Goedert

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:14 am

I still prefer Goedert based on his skill set and the offense he plays in. I know that sounds strange based on how bad Philadelphia was, but Denver is a total mess offensively with Lock at QB. I would lean Goedert but this could change post draft on Denver finds a way to get a QB...

I think these two are both very close and as far as a non-elite young TE goes, you cant go wrong with either.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:28 am

Tough call here, but I would take Fant on potential. Denver really is a mess though.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:28 am

To be a true difference maker at TE you either need to be one of the top two pass catching options on a team or catch a very high number of TDs. To maintain it year on year, volume is definitely more stable than TDs. Goedert can definitely be the #1 or #2 on the Eagles, whereas Fant is in a much more crowded situation with Jeudy and Sutton vying to be the top option and even Tim Patrick being one of the best WR3s in the league. I find it harder to believe that Fant will solidify himself high enough in that pecking order.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:29 am

failblazer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:28 am To be a true difference maker at TE you either need to be one of the top two pass catching options on a team or catch a very high number of TDs. To maintain it year on year, volume is definitely more stable than TDs. Goedert can definitely be the #1 or #2 on the Eagles, whereas Fant is in a much more crowded situation with Jeudy and Sutton vying to be the top option and even Tim Patrick being one of the best WR3s in the league. I find it harder to believe that Fant will solidify himself high enough in that pecking order.
I doubt either of these guys will ever really be a true difference maker at TE a la Kelce/Waller/Kittle though. It seems like these guys are battling it out to try to be best in that next tier with guys like Andrews, Hock, etc.

If either Fant/Goedert end up actually being as good as the Kelce/Kittle crew then none of the WRs on either team are enough to prevent them from being the #1/#2 option. I don't think Sutton/Jeudy are notably better than Aiyuk/Deebo.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert